PDA

View Full Version : HDVR2 remote is acting crazy, help!

tim2009
10-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I have a HDVR2 downstair and one upstair. Yesterday the remote stop working or work very strange. If I press the up button on the Central screen, it will keep going and same with channel. Most of the time it won't pick up the signal and when it did, it just repeat the same command over and over again. Sometime I have to unplug it to stop it going nut. Searching from the forum, it suggest that there might be interference from other IR unit which is quite correct. If I move the unit outside that room or upstair, it will work fine. If I move the unit from upstair to downstair, the unit will also behave the same. However, all other equipment (DVD, TV, VCR, Phillips & RCA sat receiver) work fine with their remote. It only happen to the Hughes. Furthermore, I even go as far as unplug all equipment and just leave the tv and HDVR2 but it didn't help. I lower all the curtain and the room is quite dark but that doesn't help either.

I am running out of option to try. Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks.

SnK
10-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Have you tried changing the Remote Address for the DVR? You can do this in the system info screen arrow down like two times and you will see remote address O. Hold remote away from DVR (it is best to hold your hand over the top of remote or point remote into your chest) then push and hold the DTV button and pause until led remains light and enter number 1 - 9 and press the right arrow after entering number. 1 - 9 are the different IR address the remote can use. Page 115 in the manual has a little more detailed directions of this.

tim2009
10-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally figure what the problem was. I have another remote stuck underneath a box. The tivo keep trying to decode that remote and my remote signal at the same, hence come the slow down and no response.