PDA

View Full Version : Can 3.7 software be modified??

playthisgame
10-20-2003, 01:50 PM
I was wondering if the 3.7 software for the UTV can be modified in any way? Since the CAM ID range is stored in the software, is there a way to change the range and then save the image to write to the hard drive?

David Bought
10-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by playthisgame
I was wondering if the 3.7 software for the UTV can be modified in any way? Since the CAM ID range is stored in the software, is there a way to change the range and then save the image to write to the hard drive?

Can you read? ALL SERVICE THEFT DISCUSSIONS ARE PROHIBITED AT DEALDATABASE. Take it somewhere else bubba.

This forum is for hacking, not stealing (http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/OPdecrypt.htm). Learn the difference and respect it. People like you give the rest of us a bad name.

mrblack51
10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by playthisgame
I was wondering if the 3.7 software for the UTV can be modified in any way?

discussion of general mods to the software has occured, and there is some indication it can be done. specific discussion of service theft modifications is not allowed here.

wad
10-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Yes its true modifying the o/s to steal tv is theft and isn't tolerated here.

But for a bit more detailed explination on how one might hack the o/s to make changes to lets say the gui or to have you name appear on screen or maybe change colours etc.

Here you go: the image on the drive is a large file that has been compiled and compressed to reside on the drive at one of 2 sector starting points. You can follow the steps(also posted on this forum) to get a copy of this file from you drive and attempt to use the nk extraction tool posted earilier on this forum(excellent tool) to extract the image. You must have a registered version of winhex to attempt the 16 bit swap(as stated in the instructions on the extraction tool post). Once extracted you will see a bunch of dll's and pfd files etc. You then can use a decompiler such as ida pro to decompile these files. You amy find out interesting parts and maybe be able to change and recompile these files. The problem then is that we have no tool that will let you recompile the files back to the original o/s format you will just be able to recompile dll's etc not the original o/s file. So you will have to figure out the hex changes that you make to the extracted files and make the same changes to the original compressed/combined o/s file. This is how one may make changes to the o/s.

One warning though. This o/s file is a copywrited peice of software, even modifying it for your own use even if that mod has nothing to do with conditional access will contravene a lot of digital copywrite laws.

So that is the how, I would suggest subscribing to directv or dishnetwork(if you are working on a dishplayer) to have a subscribed card that has a high enough cam id for this purpose.

Oh ya, on other posts DB compares himself to Jesus, one short note; Jesus was a carpentor not a janitor, that alone puts him way higher up in my books, and oh ya he is the savior you are just another guy with lots of time on his hands to read every single post here and at the avsforum(yes I know you are a mod there) and make comments on each one.

So when DB tries to stomp on you for asking questions, maybe "the truth will set you free" as it is hard to put Jesus on your ignore list, but really easy to put DB on your ignore list.

playthisgame
10-20-2003, 05:03 PM
Where in my question did I say anything about STEALING service? I have read through it several times and cannot find any. To steal service, one must hack a DSS access card, not a receiver. Wow, some people think they know everything.

Wad, thanks for your help, I do appreciate it. I have been a loyal subscriber to Directv since I bought my first setup over 3 years ago. Some people who think they are above others (DB) seem to not know the difference between his head and his ass.

And since when did knowledge become a crime?? I will not make this a flame battle, so I will put DB on my ignore list.

One last thing, yes, I can read. I do have a college degree slappy!!

mrblack51
10-20-2003, 05:15 PM
there is a fine line that ddb walks. as such, we have to strike a balance between being a true hacker board and staying in the legal grey area. as such, the line gets drawn at the publication of hack information which is purely service theft oriented. removing a camid limitation has only one useful purpose, to allow the use of hu cards. since dtv doesnt let people use hu cards on utvs anymore (yes, a few out there are probalby still running 3.5), and would be happy to send you a new p4, it is clear what the intention is.

since you specifically mentioned a camid hack in your post, you created a service theft undertone. if you wanted a general "can i mod files on the hard disk", then the camid should not be mentioned.

yes, hacking an access card is required to hack dtv. the only hacks we aren't going to allow is those that are purely service theft oriented (a camid/hu hack, a nozkt hack, a no blacklist hack, a no tier hack, etc). pretty much everything else is fair game, since it has a fair use aspect. those hacks dont.