PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy? (split from: Sony DirecTivo SUCKS)

BubbleLamp
10-20-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by TRILIGHT
That's always been worthless. Especially for viewing programs further off in the day or into the coming days.

[B]

Not sure what you mean here. The TiVo guide is the same across all of the series 1 units AFAIK. I have a Hughes unit in the other room and it's guide looks just like my Sony SAT-T60. Not sure how you can say the TiVo guide sucks. I find it very effective in getting the most data onscreen at one time. An efficient design IMO.

That's what I thought too, when I posted my first reply to this post. Seems the reply got "lost" when the mods surreptitiously moved this post to the appropriate forum.

mrblack51
10-20-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
That's what I thought too, when I posted my first reply to this post. Seems the reply got "lost" when the mods surreptitiously moved this post to the appropriate forum.

are you suggesting something by that statement? what are you implying by "lost"?

BubbleLamp
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mrblack51
are you suggesting something by that statement? what are you implying by "lost"?

I replied to this post when it was in the Extraction Forum. It is now in the DTivo Hacking Forum, and my post is no longer in the thread. Furthermore, the thread was moved and no indication of such was made in the original posting area, as is the case with other moved threads. So you tell me what happened?

mrblack51
10-20-2003, 03:58 PM
I replied to this post when it was in the Extraction Forum. It is now in the DTivo Hacking Forum, and my post is no longer in the thread. Furthermore, the thread was moved and no indication of such was made in the original posting area, as is the case with other moved threads. So you tell me what happened?

you are (for the second time in recent weeks) making the clear implication that there is some sort of conspiracy against you in some way or whatever. I for one am sick of hearing this stuff. come out and be blatant about it, rather than hiding behind terms like "lost".

as for your missing post, i have no idea where it went. course, you could just as easily have forgotten to push the post button, accidently navigated to another page, or simply thought you had replied but didn't. or, the bulliten board software screwed up. how bout you stop thinking there is some conspiracy against you and start moving on with your life.

David Bought
10-20-2003, 04:12 PM
I replied to this post when it was in the Extraction Forum. It is now in the DTivo Hacking Forum, and my post is no longer in the thread.

Sorry, were you holding on to that thing? I flushed it by accident. :D

Lighten up a little bit will you? Life is too short to be so anal retentive about everything.

BubbleLamp
10-20-2003, 04:21 PM
you are (for the second time in recent weeks) making the clear implication that there is some sort of conspiracy against you in some way or whatever. I for one am sick of hearing this stuff. come out and be blatant about it, rather than hiding behind terms like "lost".

as for your missing post, i have no idea where it went. course, you could just as easily have forgotten to push the post button, accidently navigated to another page, or simply thought you had replied but didn't. or, the bulliten board software screwed up. how bout you stop thinking there is some conspiracy against you and start moving on with your life.

That's pure crap. I posted it, it was in the post, and it was there later in the same day. One of the mods moved it, didn't leave behind the moved tag, and dropped my post. YOU deal with it. I never said there was a conspiracy against me, those are your words. I'm just stating the facts.

mrblack51
10-20-2003, 04:27 PM
well, since your attitude is so pleasant bubblelamp, i will be sure to dive to the bottom of this...right after i solve the problem of world hunger. until then, i suppose your issue (which has nothing to do with me) will have to sit on the back burner

AlphaWolf
10-20-2003, 05:16 PM

I think what happened here is somebody deleted the thread from the extraction forum and reposted it in the dtivo one. That would have deleted any and all replies (including mine), whereas moving the thread would not only keep them, but also make note in the extraction forum that it was moved. This theory of mine is also supported by the fact that snoopy's original post has been changed, and theres no "edited by" tag below it to indicate any changes.

IMO just a simple mistake on somebodies part *shrug*

JJBliss
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
I think what happened here is somebody deleted the thread from the extraction forum and reposted it in the dtivo one. That would have deleted any and all replies (including mine), whereas moving the thread would not only keep them, but also make note in the extraction forum that it was moved. This theory of mine is also supported by the fact that snoopy's original post has been changed, and theres no "edited by" tag below it to indicate any changes.

IMO just a simple mistake on somebodies part *shrug*

I've not even SEEN a way to do what you suggest. vBulletin does not allow for what you suggest, however, it DOES allow mods to move threads with OR without a redirection note in the original forum. USUALLY, we leave that tag, so that folks can find the moved post. It is not a requirement, nor is it a rule that mods use that option.

Nonetheless, it's quite apparent that bubblelamp and mrblack51 have some conflict, but it seems to be on bubblelamp's side.

Remember, this is one of the few forums that allow participants to question the decision of a moderator without being banned just for speaking their mind. It is a very liberal place. Let's keep it that way. To this end, let's try to curtail the disrespect and demands placed on moderators to defend all their actions. It won't happen, and it will just leave a bad taste in everyones mouth.

BubbleLamp
10-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by JJBliss
To this end, let's try to curtail the disrespect and demands placed on moderators to defend all their actions. It won't happen, and it will just leave a bad taste in everyones mouth.

Show me where anyone asked Mr. B to defend his actions. He is the one that seems to be touchy. He broke this thread out for discussion.

mrblack51
10-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Show me where anyone asked Mr. B to defend his actions. He is the one that seems to be touchy. He broke this thread out for discussion.

youre right, i pulled your post out of the other thread, because it was not relevant to what was going on in that thread.

thats correct, after you made the clear implication that there was something fishy going on. you can't make a comment like the one you made (posted below for accuracy) and then claim that you meant nothing by it. if you didn't mean anything, you certainly wouldn't have posted it as follows:

Seems the reply got "lost" when the mods surreptitiously moved this post

for those of you not keeping track, the use of the word 'surreptitiously' with it a definition (http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/surreptitious) which clearly shows that you thought something sneaky was going on. the same goes for the use of quotes around the word 'lost'.

whatever crawled up your ***, keep it out of the other forums.

BubbleLamp
10-20-2003, 11:10 PM
youre right, i pulled your post out of the other thread, because it was not relevant to what was going on in that thread.

Oh, so now you decide to admit the truth. Instead of stating I was correct, you hide behind lies and obfuscation. You did indeed change the thread, so who's trying to spin the tales? BTW, it was relevant, the only not on topic was my question about why it was posted in the Extraction forum. I've seen you and your janitor lacky question the relevance of posts repeatedly, so don't pretend you're so "above it all".

whatever crawled up your ***, keep it out of the other forums.

Right back at you Mr. B.

mrblack51
10-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Oh, so now you decide to admit the truth. Instead of stating I was correct, you hide behind lies and obfuscation. You did indeed change the thread, so who's trying to spin the tales? BTW, it was relevant, the only not on topic was my question about why it was posted in the Extraction forum. I've seen you and your janitor lacky question the relevance of posts repeatedly, so don't pretend you're so "above it all".

eh? lies? obfuscation? the statement about moving the post was related to the first post of this new thread, not this post that you claim i deleted or whatever.

by janitor lacky you are obviously reffering to mr. bought. i have no control over that individual, except as a mod. you seem to have some unresolved anger relating to me not censoring that individual as soon or as often as you would like. well, as i have stated previously, when you are a mod, you can make decisions like that.

AlphaWolf
10-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by JJBliss
I've not even SEEN a way to do what you suggest. vBulletin does not allow for what you suggest, however, it DOES allow mods to move threads with OR without a redirection note in the original forum. USUALLY, we leave that tag, so that folks can find the moved post. It is not a requirement, nor is it a rule that mods use that option.

It does, just whoever is the administrator disabled it. Well, at least every other vBulletin forum I have dealt with is that way.

BubbleLamp
10-21-2003, 01:14 AM
eh? lies? obfuscation? the statement about moving the post was related to the first post of this new thread, not this post that you claim i deleted or whatever.

by janitor lacky you are obviously reffering to mr. bought. i have no control over that individual, except as a mod. you seem to have some unresolved anger relating to me not censoring that individual as soon or as often as you would like. well, as i have stated previously, when you are a mod, you can make decisions like that.

YAWNzzzzz

mrblack51
10-21-2003, 01:27 AM
YAWNzzzzz

childish. ah well, it doesnt bother me. its unfortunate you can't accept the reality of the situation, and choose to hold on to your clearly inaccurate perception of reality in this situation. not my problem

Hi8
10-21-2003, 06:07 AM
just curious ?

"which one of your dad's can beat up the other's ?"

I'm not a mod, but I think enough has be discussed on the subject to be ruled. "Two un-moveable objects"

put it to bed, or PM so only the one's that care can enjoy.

David Bought
10-21-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Hi8
just curious ?

"which one of your dad's can beat up the other's ?"

I'm not a mod, but I think enough has be discussed on the subject to be ruled. "Two un-moveable objects"

put it to bed, or PM so only the one's that care can enjoy.

Good call, mate. Let's put it to rest.

THREAD CLOSED. <--- Still a ridiculous attempt to seem important

JJBliss
10-21-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by David Bought

THREAD CLOSED.

Has that ever worked !??!