PDA

View Full Version : Telnet

bisk
10-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I have made the Serial to Phono cable. Pin 2 is connected to the tip, Pin 3 is connected to bottom black line and the shield is connected to the bottom part. I used a MulitMeter and the connections are fine. I am unable to connect to the TiVo via HyperTerminal...what am I doing wrong?

poppagene
10-20-2003, 07:41 PM
What version of software are you running? xtreme2.5? xupgrade 2.52? unhacked? If you have not hacked the software, you don't have bash enabled on your machine and your cable won't do you any good.

bisk
10-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by poppagene
What version of software are you running? xtreme2.5? xupgrade 2.52? unhacked? If you have not hacked the software, you don't have bash enabled on your machine and your cable won't do you any good.

Ummm...I'm not too sure, a buddy did it for me. I know that it's hacked, but I'm just not sure what was used.

poppagene
10-22-2003, 08:49 PM
try changing the connection speed of your serial connection. If you are using xtreme2.5, you would need to set the spped at 9600. if you are using 2.5.2 or higher the spped would be set to 115200.

bisk
10-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Well, it looks like if I power cycle (unplug the unit) and have TeraTerm running when it's booting back up I get a Bash prompt, but if i Disconnect and try to reconnect it won't. What am I doing wrong now or do I need to cycle the power to get the prompt?