PDA

View Full Version : T60 DTiVO loss of Sat 2 input

computerlarry
10-22-2003, 01:34 PM
I was in the doghouse for a day last week when Satellite input 2 went out, and my wife didn't get to watch Survivor!

I took both cables out, and each of them individually will show a signal on input 1, and neither will show a signal on input 2.

I wonder if there's anything else I can do or try.

I was getting the stuttering and crashes, which I attribute to a failing hard drive.

Would a tuner problem cause this, or do I just have double-trouble?

thanks.

Larry

SnK
10-22-2003, 02:34 PM
computerlarry I have had a similar problem and was able to fix it by repeating the satellite dish guided setup and change my settings to one cable. After that completes I rest the unit from the menu and the repeat the dish guided setup again and change back to two cables and my signal was back. You can give it a try maybe it will work for you.

crusador
10-29-2003, 10:38 PM
does sound like you maybe be having hd problems, the two problems you mentioned can be related. you should try to clear and delete everything and R.S.D.G.Setup.

GREEK
10-31-2003, 05:58 AM
If both cables give signal on tuner #1 and neither on tuner #2, its safe to say you have a bum #2. They do work sporatically when they are not real bad yet, even see a sytem reboot gets them working occasionally. THe previous posters advice on redoing guided setup to one and back to two works sometimes, may be temporary in certain cases though......