PDA

View Full Version : Finally, DSR7000 it's here, wats next

Virgin_DSS
10-23-2003, 10:53 PM
I've got 120 gig drive, got my serial cables. Now what? I haven't call DTV to activate it, plan not to if I don't have to. What is my very first step? I've read corbello's instruction inside out, my question would be how do I find out what version I have on my dtivo? Thanks.

fixn278
10-23-2003, 11:32 PM
What now... start reading the Series 2 Stickies.

FYI. If you ask about stealing service you will be breaking the rules of this forum.

Good luck

captain_video
10-24-2003, 08:42 AM
If you bought you DTivo from a dealer or through DTV then you might want to reconsider signing up for service. If you don't activate the access card within 30 days then your credit card will get charged $150.00 automatically and there's nothing you can do about it after the 30-day grace period expires.

Virgin_DSS
10-24-2003, 05:40 PM
My question is should I hack it first adding bigger hd or should I call DTV before the hacking? Thanks.

fixn278
10-24-2003, 08:18 PM
I personally would take out the original hard-drive, put it in a safe place and start hacking a new drive. If you ever get to a point where it is too complicated, or you didn't know what you were getting yourself into, you can just put the original drive back and be on your merry way.

As far as hacking before you call DTV to subscribe, I would say sub first. You won't be able to use many functions unless you have already subscribed.