PDA

View Full Version : T-60 Restarting Randomly (bad power supply?)

AGodOfAll
10-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Lately My tivo seems to have gone nuts --- It has been restarting at completely random times -- Sometimes it just keeps restarting itself over and over before it can even boot up --- which leads me to believe that it is a power supply issue, If you know of any other problem it might be please tell me, and if you agree that it is most likely a power supply issue do u know where i could get a replacement or send it in to be repaired

Note: I've Already voided the warranty

genericuser
10-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Either a bad PS or a bad hd. Pull the hard drives and run a non-destructive diagnostic on them.

While you are doing that, pull the flat flex connector, use an eraser on the ends and then swap it end for end and put it back into the tivo.

flydss
10-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Bad Hard Drive gave me the same symptoms a few months ago.

AGodOfAll
10-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Since I had another T-60 I decided to take out my drives and access card and put them in the other Tivo and see if it had any problems --- as a result nothing went wrong it booted perfectly which makes me pretty sure its a power supply issue

Anybody know where i can get a new T-60 Power supply? or a place that i can send it and have it repaired?

genericuser
10-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Before you get all excited, move the HDs and card back to the original and see what happens.

Or better yet, move the power supply from the bad one to the new one and see if it still boots. If it does not, then you need a new PS. If it does, then it is your main board or the flat flex cable.

AGodOfAll
10-30-2003, 10:23 PM
genericuser U were right I moved it back to the old one and cleaned the edges of the Flat Flex Cable and flipped it around... everything is working good again :D. Im so damn happy you have no idea thx.