PDA

View Full Version : A Drive... How do I restore?

Martlet
11-01-2003, 09:13 PM
the A drive in the Tivo won't power up.... I have a 160GB B drive that is functional, I downloaded Xtreme, but it has a .mfs extenstion, can't burn it to CD... don't know if it's bootable even if I can... what can I do to restore? It's bad enought I lost a hundred hours of shows that I was saving to burn to DVD, and worse yet one's that I haven't watched yet, but without any functional A drive I can't even watch Live TV!!!! so, in a nutshell .... HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!

GREEK
11-04-2003, 01:59 AM
I doubt you hvae a bad drvie there. If the A drive wont power I would pull it and pop it in a computer or another tivo to be sure it wont power. The one time this happened to me I got the same drive and replaced the bottom board with all the chips and it worked great, saved all my shows. Sounds like a bad supply or a problematic tivo, but what do I know amyway.............

Martlet
11-04-2003, 05:15 AM
Actually, my brother posted that.

Anyway, he fried the PC we use for tivo hacks, plus the 40g A drive. Didn't want to be TV-less until we could attempt to replace the control board, so we just restored from backup.

Lost all the recordings (west wings, couplings, grrr), but we got it running from a backup on the 160g B drive.