PDA

View Full Version : Burning Dobly digital Movie TY

jokernfear
11-04-2003, 09:21 AM
just a question of how to take a ty file "recorded movie with dolby digital" from a tivo thats on a pc and burn it onto dvd with the dolby digital?

so basicly u record a dolby digital move on a tivo ...from a pc u get the file off the tivo onto the pc and then what in order to burn that file with the dolby digital onto a dvd?

GREEK
11-04-2003, 11:15 PM
you'll have better luck posting this in the extraction forum.......

JJBliss
11-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I've moved it to the extraction forum

captain_video
11-05-2003, 10:01 AM
just a question of how to take a ty file "recorded movie with dolby digital" from a tivo thats on a pc and burn it onto dvd with the dolby digital?

Use TyTool to process the file with no audio transcoding. It will process the Dolby Digital audio automatically. However, you may run into some problems when attempting to generate the key files. If you have any padding at the beginning of the file that is not encoded with Dolby Digital then you may get error messages that prevent you from creating the key file. You will have to trim the beginning of the file using TyFileSplit.exe as follows:

TyFileSplit inputfile.ty outputfile.ty XXX YYYYY

where:

inputfile.ty is the file you're trying to split

outputfile.ty is the name of the file after it's been split

XXX is the number of chunks you want to cut from the beginning of the file

YYYYY is the total number of chunks you want to process; I just make this some ridiculously huge number since it will only process the number of chunks in the file and then quits. Use the formula 512MB = 4198 chunks to get an estimate of how many chunks to process for the entire file and then add about 10,000 chunks to this number. For example, a 2GB ty file has about 16,000 chunks so make your total at least 25,000 to make sure the entire file gets processed.

Start out by cutting about 150 chunks at the beginning and process about 300. See if you can create the key file with no errors and then run it through GOPEditor to see where your cuts occurred. If you cut too much then try it again with a smaller number of chunks at the beginning. Once you've got you cut point established then process the entire file. Use the output file and create your keyfile and then process it just like you would any other file in TyTool.

You can also use jdiner's audiocheck.exe program to see where the Dolby Digital soundtrack begins but I have not found this to be as accurate as the tyfilesplit method outlined above. It gives you the exact chunk number where the DD audio begins but I still get errors when I use this number to determine my starting number of chunks to cut. You will find that the DD audio generally starts right at the opening credits or intro video clip.

cagey
11-15-2003, 02:26 PM
This is what I typed, but nothing is happening.

I:\>tyfilesplit Lord of the Rings Two Towers.ty towers.ty 150 500

I have typed this at the "I:\>" line in a dos window and many variations of the above and nothing is happening.

What do I need to do to make this program work?

Thanks for any help.

captain_video
11-15-2003, 03:43 PM
The program is probably not recognizing the file name because of all of the spaces in it. Try renaming the original ty file so there are no spaces and give it another shot. Just make sure you have the ty file and the tyfilesplit utility in the same directory and also that you're in the same directory when executing the program.

Football Freak
03-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Has Directv still broadcast movies with the Dobly Digital Sound Track. I have recorded, The Matrix Reloaded, T3, American Pie 2 on PPV and I am not picking up the Dobly Sound Track. I have used the audio check and Tysplit utilities to look for the proper chunk with no success.

captain_video
03-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Make sure you've got your preferences set to record and play back Dolby Digital soundtracks. A DTivo does not do this by default so you have to set up your audio preferences to make it happen.

Football Freak
03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned that I checked the audio options and the Dolby Digital is the active option. I have a Series 1 Phillips and I am using Tytool9r5.

BubbleLamp
03-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Has Directv still broadcast movies with the Dobly Digital Sound Track. I have recorded, The Matrix Reloaded, T3, American Pie 2 on PPV and I am not picking up the Dobly Sound Track. I have used the audio check and Tysplit utilities to look for the proper chunk with no success.Usually the PPV showings that have DD are the letterboxed versions. Make sure you pick the showing that specifically says DD5.1. Also, some listings state DD, and still don't come down that way. That's probably something to but DTV about. :(

HuMan321
03-01-2004, 05:10 PM
If you favor Dolby Digital (i do) recordings then try this.

Do a search for Dolby Digital recordings on your Tivo
It is somewhere in the menu that I can't recite from work.

Works great for me :)

Football Freak
03-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Its funny how you overlook the little things some time(stupid me hitting my head on the wall). I was watching the intro credits that indicate Dolby versus looking at the guide data that indicates which programs are "dolby digital".

After realizing the above I did find the category only wishlist with a Audio/Video sub-category and Dolby Digital choice.

So HuMan321 is correct and I will be using this for reference.

Thanks for the quick feedback from everyone.

lonaman
03-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Sweet, there is also a Letterbox wishlist. Learn something new everyday. I love this forum.

mrbillpsu00
04-25-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm trying this on a DD file I have, and I keep getting errors that shut down TyTool.

I get "we did not find an embedded audio header"

thoughts?

Use TyTool to process the file with no audio transcoding. It will process the Dolby Digital audio automatically. However, you may run into some problems when attempting to generate the key files. If you have any padding at the beginning of the file that is not encoded with Dolby Digital then you may get error messages that prevent you from creating the key file. You will have to trim the beginning of the file using TyFileSplit.exe as follows:

TyFileSplit inputfile.ty outputfile.ty XXX YYYYY

where:

inputfile.ty is the file you're trying to split

outputfile.ty is the name of the file after it's been split

XXX is the number of chunks you want to cut from the beginning of the file

YYYYY is the total number of chunks you want to process; I just make this some ridiculously huge number since it will only process the number of chunks in the file and then quits. Use the formula 512MB = 4198 chunks to get an estimate of how many chunks to process for the entire file and then add about 10,000 chunks to this number. For example, a 2GB ty file has about 16,000 chunks so make your total at least 25,000 to make sure the entire file gets processed.

Start out by cutting about 150 chunks at the beginning and process about 300. See if you can create the key file with no errors and then run it through GOPEditor to see where your cuts occurred. If you cut too much then try it again with a smaller number of chunks at the beginning. Once you've got you cut point established then process the entire file. Use the output file and create your keyfile and then process it just like you would any other file in TyTool.

You can also use jdiner's audiocheck.exe program to see where the Dolby Digital soundtrack begins but I have not found this to be as accurate as the tyfilesplit method outlined above. It gives you the exact chunk number where the DD audio begins but I still get errors when I use this number to determine my starting number of chunks to cut. You will find that the DD audio generally starts right at the opening credits or intro video clip.

TheWickedPriest
04-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Try renaming the original ty file so there are no spaces and give it another shot.
Or just put quotes around the filename:

tyfilesplit "Lord of the Rings Two Towers.ty" towers.ty 150 500

This works with all command-line-based programs. Linux, Windows and Mac. :)