PDA

View Full Version : Sat-T60 - Green power button flashing?

jwmghf
11-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi there:

The green power light blinks on and off on my Tivo and that's it. It's making a little clicking noise inside the unit where you plug the power cord in. The unit doesn't boot up. The hard drives don't start up, and the screen is black.

I did notice that the fan for the hard drive is spinning slowly. It is pulsing on and off along with the clicking. There is a fuse near the power supply and that checks out good.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

John:confused:

GREEK
11-08-2003, 08:04 PM
You probably dont have a bad supply, you may have a fried resistor. If you look closely at the white ribbon connector's black plastic peice on the motherboard side of the "wall" (or separator) you will find a block of tiny match head size ceramic resistor chips in a top to bottom fashion, about 8 seperate ones. Look carefully, maybe with magnifying glass and flashlight, one is burnt up. If not there, somewhere on the supply side of the board, there are LOTS, look carefully. The click is the switching chip trying to supply voltage to the board, and the flashing green light is the shorting out of the unit. You will damage the board beyond repair if you keep applying power, and blow the supply if its not already cooked.....Theres a chance its just the supply, but if you have lights blinking on the unit, its doubtful.........

jwmghf
11-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks Greek:

I'll check it out and let you know if I find something.

jwmghf

jwmghf
11-08-2003, 10:38 PM
I think I found it!!! I just emailed you a couple of pics. There going to come in big so they will take a little time to download. Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

jwmghf