PDA

View Full Version : odd problems

IndieRockSteve
11-09-2003, 06:59 PM
I've been having some odd problems lately and can't quite figure out what it is. Anybody have an idea? here are the symptoms...

1. remote becomes unresponsive.
2. longer than usualy delay in menu coming up, guide and time line appearing and forward and reverse skipping.
3. Sometimes it doesn't change the cablebox channel.
4. random reboots.

I first thought it was the harddrive, but I reformated it(120gig upgrade drive) and reinstalled it. was fine for a few days then went back to these problems.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

TheWickedPriest
11-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Do you have processes running in the background (like TivoWeb)?

I've seen this a few times even without any obvious background processes. I ran "top" to see what was going on... I was right, the CPU was heavily loaded; it seemed to be due to ApgManager, IIRC. I never did figure out why, though.

TheWickedPriest
11-10-2003, 12:02 AM
P.S. You did say random reboots? Hmm... how's your temperature under System Info?

IndieRockSteve
11-10-2003, 03:20 PM
I have tnlited running and tyserver_mfs7 running.

temperature reads at 35C

I also just noticed that my Wishlists don't list anything. I removed them all and tried adding a new actor wish list and nothing came up.
Also, when you add an actor wishlist, isn't it supposed to give you a list of possible matches? Mine doesn't do this which is weird.
Software version is 3.0-01-1-000

I do notice that most of the tivo processes use 99% of cpu% in 'ps aux', though from what I remember it always did this, even when I wasn't having problems.

thanks for the help!

IndieRockSteve
11-11-2003, 04:04 AM
ok, I got a relatively new drive(only 20gig though) and just set it up as my A drive. I'll set it up and if it works out then I'll know its the drives. if not all I can think is something else is going bad on my Tivo and its prbly time to buy a new one.

I just need to find a place that sells tivo's minus harddrives...

rkshack
02-29-2004, 11:44 PM
ok, I got a relatively new drive(only 20gig though) and just set it up as my A drive. I'll set it up and if it works out then I'll know its the drives. if not all I can think is something else is going bad on my Tivo and its prbly time to buy a new one.

I just need to find a place that sells tivo's minus harddrives...

My tivoe becomes unresponsive to the remote. I restart and it works fine. It records while unresponsive. Is this your problem. Did you find out what caused it.

Rkshack

TomTheGeek
03-07-2004, 10:40 PM
I am also experiancing similar issues with my SVR-2000 TiVo. I was running TiVoWeb, TiVoFTPd, TyTools 7, removed them and still hangs and is unresposive to remote. I have a feeling it either a bad HD or I some how screwed it up while editing the rc.sysinit and .author files. Anybody have any ideas on this yet??

rkshack
03-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I am also experiancing similar issues with my SVR-2000 TiVo. I was running TiVoWeb, TiVoFTPd, TyTools 7, removed them and still hangs and is unresposive to remote. I have a feeling it either a bad HD or I some how screwed it up while editing the rc.sysinit and .author files. Anybody have any ideas on this yet??

My problem was a hack I was using.

TomTheGeek
03-10-2004, 10:27 PM
My problem was a hack I was using.

Could you be more specific?

larzo
03-11-2004, 12:16 AM
My SVR-2000 has all of the above symptoms. Came on about a month ago - I was thinking possible hard drive failure also (things have been crunchin' 24/7 for over two years)... I wonder if indyrocksteve ever tried the drives...