PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need LNBP15SP's ???

chazbell
11-13-2003, 12:29 PM
I got tired of tracking this damn chip down and finally found a lot of them I could purchase. Obviously, I had to order way more than I needed, so I would like to sell a few. I am pricing them at $6.00 each, I will ship via USPS priority mail, and I can take paypal for payments.

Also, I have now invested in a SMD rework station so I have toyed with the idea of doing repairs for those that don't want to tackle surface mount work. Anybody interested ??

vu2vu
11-14-2003, 03:53 AM
Good price. I found them for $6.00 each also. It looks like they are starting to surface at decent prices. If your looking for stv0299b chips they come inside philips 5353 and probably other irds. Get them while you can on ebay for a decent price.

sinman
12-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Is this the same chip that is inthe GXCEBOT (same as DSR6000). I am having a problem with mine getting a signal from all but two transponders. Might this be the problem (bad LNBP chips?)

chazbell
12-13-2003, 10:51 PM
These are the same chips as used in the GXCEBOT as well as the Sony sat-t60. However, I doubt that these will fix your problem. Usually when a LNBP fails you get only odd or even transponders or possibly nothing at all. If you are getting ~ 13 and 18 volts at the tuner then it is not the LNBP. If the voltage is low or missing then this could be the culprit.

sinman
12-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Where do I check for this 13 to 18v? Is there a link to any schematics for the DSR600 GXCEBOT?

chazbell
12-13-2003, 11:57 PM
You check it at the sat tuner input. It should be 13 for one group of transponders (odd or even, I forget) and 18 vdc for the other group. As for the schematic, I have one. It is for the sony version but all of the series 1 Dtivo's use the exact same motherboard. If you want I can send it to you. It is a pdf that zipped is 4.05 meg.

By the way, I am assuming that you have checked and/or swapped your LNB to make sure that is not the problem, right ?

How about your second tuner, does it exhibit the same problem or does it work fine ?

nostalgia
12-14-2003, 04:31 AM
Chazbell,

Can i get a copy of the schmeatic too. I'm not sure if this is the same problem that I'm having. I have thd DSR6000 and sat 1 only gets odds transponder. Sat 2 gets all input just fine.. . during boot up I'm stuck @ 26%.

TIA

Nost

rc3105
12-14-2003, 04:50 AM
Schematic's for DSR6000 / T60 (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20819&perpage=10&pagenumber=2)

once again, the info's been avail for a while, just gotta search a bit ;)

sinman
12-14-2003, 08:24 AM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30339

I started this thread for the signal problem.

Thanks for the help. I will check the sat input for the correct voltages. Is this with the sat cable connected or disconnected?

sinman
12-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Well it looks as though i am missing my 30V i cant seem to find out where or what is causing the problem. Any pointers? I have searched the forum for hints and come up empty handed for tracking down the 30V on a DSR6000 or GXCEBOT.

chazbell
12-14-2003, 06:40 PM
nostalgia - You definitely have a bad LNBP. What you describe are the exact symptoms. Now you need to get ahold of a new chip and a surface mount rework station, or have somebody do it for you......

rc3105 posted a link to schematics, but let me know if you want the pdf sent to you.

Sinman - If you are missing the 30v supply you might want to look towards the power ribbon cable or the power supply itself. Hopefully the schematic will help you out. As for testing the voltages, without the cables connected is appropriate.

A little easier might be to check the pins on the LNBP. Pins 1/2 are both input voltage. Memory serves that it should be around 22 VDC, but I might be mistaken. Pin 3 of the LNBP is the output to the tuner module. At this point you should have 13 or 18 VDC depending on odd or even transponder.

Sinman - e-mail to you with the zipped pdf just bounced back. Got a mailbox that will hold 4+ meg ?

nostalgia
12-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Can you msg me on how to purchase a LNBP chip from you?

NOst

sinman
12-14-2003, 08:11 PM
I am missing the 30V at the power supply even with the cable dissconected from the main board i dont have 30v.

bst278
12-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by nostalgia
Chazbell,

Sat 2 gets all input just fine.. . during boot up I'm stuck @ 26%.

TIA

Nost
Chazbell,
I had the same problem and simply "did not" plug the inputs from my LNB up until it passed that screen and went to the one where you see the TiVo guy and the colored balls in () at the bottom. Mine would stop at 28% everytime. It is a known problem with the software but not that nessacery to fix.
I hope this is the problem you're having because it is easy to by-pass. :D

sinman
12-14-2003, 10:01 PM
chazbell, i sent you an email. I dont know whats up with mine, i dont have a limit on my mail box. Please resend
Thanks

nostalgia
12-14-2003, 11:25 PM
I just took a measurement and from pin 3 on the LNBP and I'm getting no voltage on either the odd or even transponder. Occasionally depending on the time I just get the even transponder. SO I guess its the LNBP problem.

Thnx for all your help.

Nost

chazbell
12-15-2003, 01:13 AM
bst278 - Your problem of getting stuck on 28% is a different problem than the 26% problem. In the case of getting stuck on 26% it is 99% of the time a bad LNBP chip or tuner problem. In the case of the 28% problem it is a well documented software "feature" that has never been fixed and you are correct in the workaround.

Sinman - tried to send you the drawing again and it died. I sent you the headers of the bounce message. Sounds like you might have a bad or flakey power supply. If so your best chance of repair might be to buy a "for parts" tivo on ebay.

Nostalgia - just for a sanity check, check pin 3 on the second lnbp. If you are seeing 13/18 VDC out of it you can bank on the first LNBP failure. A PM is heading your way for purchase of the chip. Good Luck !!

bst278
12-15-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks for letting me know chazbell. As you can see, I am still very new and was just tryin too hard to help.

tytyty
12-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Before buying a power supply on Ebay consider sending it to GREEK, he will check it out for you for free.

You may want to send him entire unit, I would give him a PM

GREEK
12-16-2003, 03:21 AM
For the guy with the occasionally missing odd transponders, you indeed have a bad lnbp chip.
FOr the 26% issue, its a lnbp chip or 30 volt line. Depending on how the units shorts the 30 volt line you may have the first couple of transponders come in, like 1 through 5, and all the higher ones hae nothing. **WARNING** if your new to this stuff and have a voltometer in your hand as we speak, be very careful testing lnbp chips. If you short out pin 3 (13 + 18 volts switching) and pin 2 (24 volts continuos) your unit will be officially fried and beyond repair. If you must test this votage, use the inside of te tuner cax output or back off the lnbp chip and inch and follow the trace to the tiny dot where it heads through the pcb board onto the onderside.
FOr the guy with the 30 volt line missing, dont bother buying any parts, you dont need any. You need a 25 cent capacitor and a few hours of searchine and testing, or someone that knows how to test this type of equipment, mostly the same parts go bad on these units.............

nostalgia
12-16-2003, 05:24 AM
Greek,

Thnx for the reply,,, I guess I wasn't aware of possible shorting the 2 pin together. What are some of the symptoms that I would see if a short between the two pin occured?

crossing my finger and Hope it didn't go bad on me.

Nost

nostalgia
12-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Greek,

I guess the worst has happen, And now when my unit boots I get a black screen with the tivo logo it doesn't seem to time out. Guess this tivo is just good for part salvaging now if any part still remains good. Let me know If I'm wrong and thnx for everone help so far.

Nost

chazbell
12-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Nostalgia - So looks like things are not going to good with your tivo. Would you like me to hold off on sending you the LNBP ?? I can refund your money if you like. Another thought for you. I have been very successful with repairing these units. Want me to give it a go ?? If so let me know. I might even be willing to buy it for parts if it is completely toast.

Charlie

GREEK
12-16-2003, 03:44 PM
When I refer to shorting out pin 2 and 3, I am talking about the output side of the lnbp chip, there are 2 thicker than usual traces coming out of the "business" side of the lnbp to handle the 24volts to the tuner. The pin in the middle, pin 3, switches from 13v for even and 18v for odd. When I say short, I mean a shaky hand with the positive lead on pin 2 or 3 and a slip, thus "shorting" out those two pins. This will fry your tivo, the end result will be just dead, blue screen hell.

Now nostalgia, if your getting the tivo guy at all, you are still good. If your more specific about whats going on, we can be of more help. Where are you at, and are you sure your image on the drive is good? What tivo guy are you getting, like which screen? Do you get welcome powering up upon startup, cause you should get this even without a drive connected.....

nostalgia
12-16-2003, 04:00 PM
I'm using my rca output, and attach is a shot of how my tv looks with the tivo booted up. The colore doesn't see to be as clear as before. Acutally the unit just timed out. But certainly the color doesn't look as good as it suppose to..

Also the remote control isn't working. And now both tuner doesn't seem to recieve that sat signal. Looked like that short really toasted the tivo. I'm located in northern California.

Nost

GREEK
12-17-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm gonna take a long shot at this and tell you to reseat the ribbon cable from the supply to the motherboard. Pull it out and flip it end for end and reseat it. Ive seen that fade to the right before from this. I have yet to see a short on the lnbp chips leave a tivo in this state, I've blown 1 myself a while back while testing with a buzz on, and had units come through here from a short, all baked to a crisp. After trying the cable, gie me more detail on what "time out" means. Is it rebooting, going in loops, or just turning off. Also try a rca cable, very often a unit blown will output nothing but a blue screen, but show a black and white buzzing screen with rca video outputs.......

nostalgia
12-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Greek,

You are spot on. I guess the MB cable came loose one me and I didn't check. Everything seems to be back to the way it was. stuck @ 26%.

Chaz,

Can you please send out the LNBP. I will have a tech installed and report the result back here.

Thank for all your help.

And Happy holidays.

Nost

Toaster
12-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi ya fella's....

I need a question answered- I have a DSR600 I bought off Ebay, and it was doing the same thing- it stalled out at 26% or maybe 28%- I can't remember now... it stalled on the setup and then again when I enabled the dual tuners. The way I got around this was, when the unit finally stopped responding, I pulled the plug, and let it reboot. The unit has been ok since working fine with 2 tuners- etc... until today. today while watch 249 (comedy central), the picture was INCREDIBLY choppy, and never seemed to lock on or sync- and video was blacking in/out (this was the first time its done this in the month+ I've had it)... so I checked for signal strength, and noticed it was on Transponder 17, and the singal was low on both tuners- like 35% (btw: this unit has its dual tuner inputs from 2 seperate dishes, if that matters- its long story :rolleyes: )

When I changed transponders- I noticed some I got really high signal, 95+% on transponder 20 for example, and on some others I would get ZERO signal (I cant remember the transponder number, 16 maybe?)

Does this sound like a LNBP problem?

And if it is, Who can help me repair it? I'm comfortable around a soldering iron- but I'm not good with tiny surface mount traces. :(

Greek? Chazbell? Sounds like you guys are the 2 men to ask- so let me know.

If I send it in for repair, it would be after Christmas (to avoid all the shipping nightmares of this time of the year), but I would definitely be interested in getting it fixed.

Its a DSR6000 box, but has GXCEBOT faceplate (if that matters).... thats another long story- search for my posts and you'll learn why. Its running a 120gb+40gb, SZ 2.5.2 sw. (I think that pretty much sums it up?)

Please guys, let me know.
THANKS
Toaster
toaster@pobox.com

GREEK
12-21-2003, 03:35 AM
you are supposed to be missing certain transponders, they are local spotbeams. Everybody has different levels of signal of their boxes, its normal. I would say you have a problem either with your dish(es) or your wiring. You dont have a lnbpchip issue unless your missing odd or even transponders only, like in a pattern, one or the other........

Toaster
12-21-2003, 05:30 PM
Well thats good news :D

Thanks.

nostalgia
01-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Well thats good news :D

Thanks.
Just got the lnbp chip replaced by my technian. He been on vacation and today is first day back @ work and everything seems to be working good. Thnx for all the help.

nostalgia
01-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Guess I spoke a bit too soon. My first tuner seems to be working fine. But the second tuner either locks on to odd or even transponder. This changes from boot up. Sometime tuner 2 only recieve odd and other time it just recieves even? Can this be another lnbp chip that went bad on me? Any comment and suggestion is appreciated.

Please chime in.

TIA

Nost :confused:

chazbell
01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Well - Possibly the second LNBP could be bad, but I kind of doubt it. Didn't the second tuner work perfectly before ??? If so, I think I might look for a bit of solder that is shorting something and causing the problem. If the second tuner was flakey before then it is quite possible that the LNBP needs replaced. Never had both LNBP's fail before, but never let it be said that something is impossible.....

nostalgia
01-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Well - Possibly the second LNBP could be bad, but I kind of doubt it. Didn't the second tuner work perfectly before ??? If so, I think I might look for a bit of solder that is shorting something and causing the problem. If the second tuner was flakey before then it is quite possible that the LNBP needs replaced. Never had both LNBP's fail before, but never let it be said that something is impossible.....

Chazbell,

The second LNBP was working find before and recieved both odd/even transponder. Is there some measurement I can take to determine if there is a short. It is just wierd how sometime the odd and other time its the even transponder. I have eliminated the Multiswitch from teh equation and used direct feed from my dish.

Nost

nostalgia
01-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Just took some measurement on my LNBP chip for tuner 2. I'm getting a constant 18V when i switch between and and even transponder. LNBP chip for tuner 1 is changing between 13 and 18V? Does this mean I need a new LNBP chip?

GREEK
01-15-2004, 03:36 AM
its quite common for them to fail at the same time. I would check the input voltage on the 24v line carefully. If its sticking at 13 or 18 the chip is going bad internally. A tuner can RARELY do this, I've only seen it once, so just pop a chip in, theyre cheap enough.....

chazbell
01-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Yea, I agree. If voltage is stuck at either 13 or 18 with 22~24V in it ususally indicates a failed LNBP.

its quite common for them to fail at the same time. I would check the input voltage on the 24v line carefully. If its sticking at 13 or 18 the chip is going bad internally. A tuner can RARELY do this, I've only seen it once, so just pop a chip in, theyre cheap enough.....

singingfrog
01-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Thank you Chazbell,
The LNBP chips arrived yesterday. Now if I could just find the time to install them.
Chazbell, I appreciate your honesty & help with supplying me with the chips, it saved me a lot of time and searching. :D

p.s. let me know if you find any tuners!

Singingfrog

quatro4u
04-08-2004, 12:42 AM
I need a chip LNBP15SP can you email at quatro4u@hotmail.com

thanks

pepper87
04-09-2004, 12:17 AM
No input 1 signal, input 2 ok. Need to find someplace reliable to send for repairs and possible upgrade. Hughes tech support told me to call CCS Corp, so far no answer.
HELP!

nostalgia
05-11-2004, 09:46 PM
dtivo series 1, tuner 2 only recieving odd transponder. i changed the lnbp chip today and still seeing same problem. any suggesetion on what else could be wrong?

Nost

nostalgia
06-08-2004, 06:33 AM
bump for reply

Madbass
10-20-2004, 12:19 AM
I got tired of tracking this damn chip down and finally found a lot of them I could purchase. Obviously, I had to order way more than I needed, so I would like to sell a few. I am pricing them at $6.00 each, I will ship via USPS priority mail, and I can take paypal for payments.

Also, I have now invested in a SMD rework station so I have toyed with the idea of doing repairs for those that don't want to tackle surface mount work. Anybody interested ??

Hi chazbell. New to this forum.
I'm interested in getting one of the chip LNBP15SP for my friend's receiver.
Do you still have them in stock and what's the price since your message is within 1 year past?

laserman
12-18-2004, 05:10 PM
I would like to purchase 1) LNBP15SP if you have any more
Please E-mail me back @ lasers-turbines@verizon.net
Thank you

krameel
03-08-2005, 11:27 AM

Please email me @ marklee73@yahoo.com

montgcd
11-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi I need a LNBP15SP if you have any left.
Please email me at montgcd@gmail.com
I can pay with PayPal

PortlandPaw
01-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Since this is an old thread, I thought it would be best to more or less start from scratch. Does anybody have any of these chips? And, more importantly, can anyone give a tutorial on how to change the damn things?

I have a parts DSR6000 and I removed one LNBP to put into an ailing box. the surgery wasn't pretty. In fact, it was butchery. I destroyed both the chip and the old mounting points (which I don't care about but will in the new location).

Any help or references would be greatly appreciated.