PDA

View Full Version : blinking power lite

hhhjr
11-14-2003, 03:23 PM
help i zeroed the drive wrote the imiage was working disconnected the ird to move it connected it back up and it sits there with the power lite blinking, i am fimiliar with the echo irds 7200 and this usually means something to do with the hardware but b 4 i go crazy tearing the unit apart just wanted to check with other ppl if there is another cause for this thanks

xvid
11-14-2003, 04:20 PM
hhhjr...nice to see u here....old IM.

Its seems like you have been foever stuck with that 7200.

I don't think its the HD.....It could be the tsops are screwed. Also you might wanna look around the board for any unused solders.
also you might wanna take the whole thing out the case and set it on a workbench and try that....
PM me with nay questions.

hhhjr
11-14-2003, 05:38 PM
hey good to se ya here also but it aint the dish ird i am playing with its a utv that i picked up for a few bucks. i wrote the disk image back a while ago got the ird working , today i hooked it back up and as watching tv then i decised to add it to my system and cleaned up my spegett behind my tv and hooked it up properly and pluged it back in ant the power lite at first flashed rapidly then the yellow and red lites flash then the power lite flashes a little bit slower but never stops if i disconnect the hd and power it back up it wants to download the disk image so i figured that the firmware on the eproms are intact but when the disk is hooked up i get this flashing lite syndrome i even rote the image to another drive and it does the same thing, as for the Dp's i pretty much mastered them to a point. thanks for the reply

djohn
11-14-2003, 05:51 PM
When the red/yellow/green lights are flashing it sounds like it is formatting and remarrying the hdd. That is odd since it was working but I would say you are going to have to reload the image as it is formatting the drive while flashing.