PDA

View Full Version : Showcases and Football clips

midnightmaraude
11-17-2003, 01:08 PM
I have a 3.1.1b HDVR2 that is working great thanks to sleepers iso. I have a question about the service download. Is it disabled from softwareupdate=false ? I would like the tivomag and the football clips sent to tivo on mondays. What needs to be edited in order to receive these?

TIA

midnightmaraude
11-17-2003, 04:37 PM
ya know guys this ? is not a newbie ? A newbie would not understand what to do w/ this. Your just making it difficult for anyone who wants this answered to get it by the thread being moved here

mrblack51
11-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by midnightmaraude
ya know guys this ? is not a newbie ? A newbie would not understand what to do w/ this. Your just making it difficult for anyone who wants this answered to get it by the thread being moved here

watch yourself. you have caused problems before, we don't forget. the thread was moved to the appropriate place.

midnightmaraude
11-17-2003, 07:27 PM
ya know.. i'm tired of being told to my watch myself. Just because you don't agree with what I have to say you feel you can threaten me by telling me to watch myself. I'm not buying it. Just like others I have a have a say and questions about things regarding TiVo. Now tell me how a newbie would know the answer to this question, and ask yourself if it really is in the right place. If you guys want to ban me go ahead. I'll get in either way. If your not then Iwould appreciate you to cease the antagonizing.

mrblack51
11-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by midnightmaraude
ya know.. i'm tired of being told to my watch myself. Just because you don't agree with what I have to say you feel you can threaten me by telling me to watch myself. I'm not buying it. Just like others I have a have a say and questions about things regarding TiVo. Now tell me how a newbie would know the answer to this question, and ask yourself if it really is in the right place. If you guys want to ban me go ahead. I'll get in either way. If your not then Iwould appreciate you to cease the antagonizing.

you seem to misunderstand the point of the newbie area. it is an area for rudementary questions that, given a reasonable search, have their answers out there already. this area is not necessarily a place where we expect newbies to answer newbie questions, but its a place to coral newbie quesitons so that those who know stuff can see good information in the other areas of the board. when people come to this part of the board, they understand what types of questions will be asked, and can decide whether to answer them or not accordingly.

whether you like it or not, you screwed up bigtime, and thats not going away. unlike others, who come here with a clean slate, you have a history which you created yourself, and now must live with. as such, if you dont like how you are treated because of your actions, remember who caused them - you.

TheWickedPriest
11-18-2003, 09:40 AM
No, showcases are not disabled by "upgradesoftware=false".

olscool
11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Can someone answer the first question in this thread? I'd like to know how to receive the football highlights also.

TheWickedPriest
11-18-2003, 08:24 PM
AFAIK, the way you get the football highlights is to subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

Logandros
11-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Ive answered this question already im PM. Run the showcase fix!

Logandros
11-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Posted 2x for some reason

search = sc

olscool
11-19-2003, 01:09 AM
Ok, I found the sc.zip file. Will this work on a hdvr2 and is this the way to install?:

File(s) Needed: sc.zip

1) Download the latest version of sc.tcl

2) Unzip to a directory you can find.

3) Start TeraTerm and press enter for a Bash prompt.

4) Enter: cd /var/hack

5) On Teraterm menu, click file, then Transfer, then zmodem, then send. Locate sc.tcl in your unzip directory, and click open.

6) Linux is case sensitive, best to make that file lowercase, enter: ren SC.TCL sc.tcl

7) Now we have to tell unix that that file is an executable file otherwise it won't run (.tcl files are script files, exactly like .bat files).

8) To make the file executable, enter: chmod +x sc.tcl

9) Finally, execute the script, enter: ./sc.tcl
The ./ part tells unix only run it from the current directory, instead of looking for a file by that name in the path

10) Done, it will take overnight for the download to occur. Check that feature in your tivo tomorrow. Tivo button, Tivolution Magazine, and Showcases

Logandros
11-19-2003, 01:17 AM
yes it will work on hdvr2

Put sc.tcl file to your var/hack directory
chmod +x sc.tcl
./sc.tcl

olscool
11-22-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm using the Bash_Env hack. Does this make a difference?

Sleeper
11-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by olscool
I'm using the Bash_Env hack. Does this make a difference?

No.

olscool
11-22-2003, 11:48 PM
After placing sc.tcl file in var/hack, and entering chmod +x sc.tcl(enter) ./sc.tcl(enter). I get "error storing Setup: invalid attribute: Service info done!" What did I do wrong?

mrblack51
11-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by olscool
After placing sc.tcl file in var/hack, and entering chmod +x sc.tcl(enter) ./sc.tcl(enter). I get "error storing Setup: invalid attribute: Service info done!" What did I do wrong?

make sure you are using the version of sc.tcl which is designed for 3.1

olscool
11-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by mrblack51
make sure you are using the version of sc.tcl which is designed for 3.1

Thanks mrblack51. That was the solution.:D