PDA

View Full Version : Gxcebot booting problem help!!

Loopie111
11-17-2003, 10:50 PM
I have a gxcebot that will not get past "updating database this will take a long time". I looked at the motherboard and noticed that a small black ceramic chip by the phone connector is burt. Can these be repalced? I have a extra motherboard that I can get a good chip off of. Any help on how to repalce this chip would be greatly appreciated. what is the chance of other chips being bad.( Everything else looks good on the motherboard except that chip)

captain_video
11-21-2003, 08:20 AM
That chip is probably part of your modem circuit. There are kits you can buy from 9th Tee and probably Weaknees as well for repairing your modem. You can also send it to ElectricLegs for repair. Check the 9th Tee website for more info and tips on checking the modem circuit. I don't imagine this would have anything to do with your database updating problem since that's all done on the hard drive.

Loopie111
11-21-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info captin, I have removed the modemtest file and it fixed the "almost there" problem. I found a small chip by the phone connector that the top was blown off. Now I have a problem with recieving a satellite signal. I only get odd transponders on sat 1 and no signal at all on sat 2. What do you think might be the problem? The lnbp chips look ok. I have a old tivo board that the processor is shot on that I can use as parts. What should I try to repalce first.

captain_video
11-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Look in the experts forum and you'll find some troubleshooting info for checking the tuners. There's a schematic posted for a Sony SAT-T60 but your GXCEBOT mainboard and power supply are identical. The power supply sends 30 volts to operate the tuner circuits so I'd check for that first. Unfortunately, if you find you have a bad tuner then it may be more difficult to get a replacement. I believe there's a thread in that same forum that talks about replacement tuners (they're made by Alps). There are a couple of places that can service them for you. Look in the How Tos Only sticky thread on page 3 or 4 for a list of service facilities that can probably fix them for you. It's in the DirecTivo hacking forum.