PDA

View Full Version : ?? about dsr6000 25xtreme

tester28
11-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Hello,

I've read, tried, and even installed.

I put on Dsr6000 25xtreme on and all the extras that came with it tivomad and blessed the 2nd drive.. It booted up fine but will this give me the ability to record without the phone line hook up???

If it does how do i get it to work?

I did try to put on superzaps xplusz but it kept returning and error something about hdd9 not mounted.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
again

captain_video
11-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Check out this (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=112382&highlight=Heres+a+detailed+tutorial#post112382) link for a tutorial on installing 2.5Xtreme and Superzap's 2.5.2 upgrade.

tester28
11-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the link to your thread, that pretty much seems to explain it all!!!!!

One more question,, when i put the drives in with xtrem25 I connect the sat cables as well prior to boot up, will it have flashed the eprom that way?

I going to unhook the cables and boot it back up hopefully that will flash the eprom (if it hasnt already) then pull the one (A) and complete it with superzaps2.52 and xplus

Thanks again for the help.

captain_video
11-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Flashing the EEPROM will occur whether or not you have the sat feeds connected. The reason for leaving them disconnected was to allow the guide data to populate fresh with 2.5.2 installed. This tends to alleviate some of the problems that occur with getting local channels to come in once the guide has already populated with no locals included.