PDA

View Full Version : Winhex



Marco
11-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Hi folks,

Does anyone know where I can get an older trial version of Winhex. I'm trying to revert my ultimate back to 3.5 and just haven't been able to find it anywhere. All I ended up with was a virus. Help

Thanks

bonapart
12-20-2003, 12:07 PM
It took a lot of searching to find an older trial version of WinHex, 10.82 SR1. I do think WinHex is a fantastic program.

WinHex 10.82 SR1 (http://ftp.nchu.edu.tw/ftp/cpatch/editor/winhex/source/winhex1082sr1.zip)

Marco
12-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks for digging that up !!

David Bought
12-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Marco
I'm trying to revert my ultimate back to 3.5 and just haven't been able to find it anywhere. All I ended up with was a virus.

BWAHAHAHA... nice going, thief.

You just gave me a great idea: to log onto several peer to peer networks and distribute a trojaned version of WinHex 10.82SR1. Be careful what you download, kiddies. :D

bonapart
12-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by David Bought
BWAHAHAHA... nice going, thief.

You just gave me a great idea: to log onto several peer to peer networks and distribute a trojaned version of WinHex 10.82SR1. Be careful what you download, kiddies. :D

David, do you ever make any posts that aren't condescending and judgmental?

Not to get too morally philosophical, but before running around calling people thieves on this forum, perhaps you should consider the uniformity of the subjective judgment you are using to define some one as a thief, and if that judgment should be applied universally to all of the subject matter contained in all of the dealdatabase forums.

I won't even bother to give an example, ...since the central focus of this entire forum is the exploration of methods to use software outside of the bounds intended by the original author. So, what is the criteria that determines when this exploration should be labeled thievery?

David Bought
12-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by bonapart
So, what is the criteria that determines when this exploration should be labeled thievery?

Applying a ready-made crack to your copy of WinHex to avoid paying the registration fee is clearly not "exploration" - it is outright theft.

"Explorers", true hackers, etc. are not here to try to rip somebody off. They are here to learn. Somebody who is too stupid to either crack the new version themself (and shut the hell up about it) or to improvise a solution that does not involve theft of a commercial product is not engaging in any form of "exploration" whatsoever. We don't need people like that here.