PDA

View Full Version : DSR6000 with sound level very very low?

RUBiK
12-04-2003, 01:19 PM
DSR6000 at software version 3.1 that's been running fine for a couple years (bash hacked + turbonet + other hacks but mostly untouched in past 9 months or so)...

Just recently noticed that sound level is almost mute.... I have to blast the TV sound all the way to max (very very loud) in order to hear "normal" (although a bit on the low/quiet side) sound level...

I've tried rebooting unit many times, using 2nd RCA audio out pair, using optical out... No dice.. No matter where the audio comes out of the unit, it is almost inaudible... which pretty much renders the DTiVo useless... :'(

Has anyone seen/heard of this problem by chance? I did a search here and didn't come up with anything, which I found pretty odd/discouraging..

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the unit other than this problem -- it has no rebooting problem, no freezing, no video or GUI blemishes of any kind, etc.

TIA.

GREEK
01-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Ive seen this before, but its tricky. I dont have a unit in front of me right now, but there is a tiny reg. between the mpeg decoder and the modem controller that was bad on one I fixed. ALthough I had another unit like this and replaced that and other things, and it didnt help. I would grab a magnyfing glass, and really look the board over an inch or two back behind the opt out. Its real tough to see, I'll post the location #s in a bit. I'll throw this into philips tech to see if they know anything about this............

RUBiK
01-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks very much for your response...

I thought it might be a voltage regulator but didn't have the time to open it up and inspect yet (plus, it was used as the main room receiver up until last week when it got replaced by an HDVR2).

I've got the schematics somewhere too, I believe, but even without, I think I know where to look (form your description too) and I'll see if I can troubleshoot anything.

If you hear anything or can provide any other info that may help myself (and others in the future) diagnose/solve this, I'd greatly appreciate.

Thanks.