PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone Tivo reboot loop

mournblade
12-12-2003, 12:07 PM
After a power failure my Philips Stand Alone Tivo is stuck in a reboot loop. When replacing my two upgraded drives with the original drive, the unit boots, so I know it's not the Tivo. I've pulled the drives, attached to a PC and from the bash prompt, tried to mount the partitions (4, 7, & 9) - only to receive the error message "has wrong major or minor number" for each partition. Definitely want to keep all the shows and season passes I have on the 2 upgraded drives, so I'm hoping someone can help!

Thanks!

eastwind
12-25-2003, 10:52 PM
After a power failure my Philips Stand Alone Tivo is stuck in a reboot loop. When replacing my two upgraded drives with the original drive, the unit boots, so I know it's not the Tivo. I've pulled the drives, attached to a PC and from the bash prompt, tried to mount the partitions (4, 7, & 9) - only to receive the error message "has wrong major or minor number" for each partition. Definitely want to keep all the shows and season passes I have on the 2 upgraded drives, so I'm hoping someone can help!

Thanks!

Sounds like you might need to enable byteswapping for the drive while it is in the PC (not sure, though). That might get you access to the filesystem.