PDA

View Full Version : DirecTivo series 2 forum?

wkearney99
12-12-2003, 03:01 PM
How about providing a forum section specifically for units running on the series 2 (mips) platform using DirecTV's version of the software.

There are enough issues about hacks, patches and what not for this configuration that it's pretty hard trying to find relevant posts in the other sections.

erhan
12-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Did you mean this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=38) ?

wkearney99
12-12-2003, 09:12 PM
As I mentioned in my post, the need here is for a forum supporting the DirecTivo units running on the Series 2 hardware using the MIPS processor.

A standalone Tivo running Series 2, while it is on MIPS hardware, is not using the same version of the OS. There are additional differences regarding what scheduled programs (the shows themselves) as well.

So trying to dig out DirecTivo messages amidst the 4.0 and other standalone Tivo stuff seems more difficult than need be.

mrblack51
12-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by wkearney99
As I mentioned in my post, the need here is for a forum supporting the DirecTivo units running on the Series 2 hardware using the MIPS processor.

A standalone Tivo running Series 2, while it is on MIPS hardware, is not using the same version of the OS. There are additional differences regarding what scheduled programs (the shows themselves) as well.

So trying to dig out DirecTivo messages amidst the 4.0 and other standalone Tivo stuff seems more difficult than need be.

there is no need for seperate forums. most people have s2 dtivos, and therefore the s2 forum is dominated by that information. however, most of the info applies to SA units as well. look at the dtivo forum - its where all the info is. now, look at the SA forum...almost dead. now you know why the s2 forum is unified. if users cant read enough to figure out the differences, then they can ask questions in the newbie forum, thats what its there for