PDA

View Full Version : preview mode

Nrmf
12-18-2003, 07:00 PM
what did i do wrong i upgrade to 80 gig hd with win hex and 3.5 image everything seems ok but i only get 10 mons of recorded show how the heck do i fix this

thank you

djohn
12-18-2003, 07:15 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30337&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Nrmf
12-19-2003, 07:22 PM
ok i follwed the link downloaded the file for 80 gig hard drive. unlocked hd with mhd3. zeroed out evrything applied the 3.5 image then loaded the browser for 80 in the spot it said and fired utv unit back up and i still get 10 mins of freakin preview. need help please

thank you

Nrmf
12-19-2003, 09:29 PM
tried hooking it up to the pc and writting the patch unplgging the pc's ide plugging in the utv's ide power off the unit taking it back to tv and firing it up when power is reaaplied to it it seems that all leds flash which i would think its repartioning itself again or overwritting the patch applied

any one have thoughts or am i just gonna have to wait until dtv puts back in stream

Nrmf
12-19-2003, 11:44 PM
what nobody has any advice or anything to say. am i on my own

geminicat
12-19-2003, 11:51 PM
It was mentioned in the AVS forum that you would need to apply the fix during the Hot Swap method. So basically apply the patch to the correct sector after the UTV has partitioned itself. Follow the How to at AV's on how to get into the UTV using the pause button on your PC. If that doesn't work wait until the "file" is added back to the stream.

Nrmf
12-19-2003, 11:59 PM
yes sir have tried that 3 times now and it seems when i take it back to tv and plug in , the leds flash on it all of them it comes on and off several times and then i am back to 10 min preview

satchmoe
12-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Your second post in this thread is the problem...nowhere in the readme of browser.rar does it say to zero your hard drive.
This patch will only work on units that have already booted once.
it will NOT work on a zeroed drive with only the os loaded.

Nrmf
12-20-2003, 05:22 PM
i am confused what are you trying to tell me

i load the 3.5 image then plug in utv let it power for a while then hotswap and load patch

geminicat
12-20-2003, 05:50 PM
thats what he looks like he is saying. During the hotswap do not touch the 3.5 OS. Try applying just the patch to the appropriate sector. Everytime you have been getting into the UTV have you been applying the 3.5 OS and the patch?? If so then that may be the problem. Use the Hotswap to get access to the drive but only apply the patch..

Nrmf
12-20-2003, 06:04 PM
no sir i must have explained myself wrongi am gonna start from scratch one time heres what i will do

1. apply mhd3 to hard drive and unlock it
2. apply a copy of the 3.5 image i have
3. power up UTV and let play for a few mins
4. perform hot swap and apply patch only on the 80 gig Wd hard drive
5. fire up UTV and i am sure i will have the preview mode again

on hot swap i bring utv to my desktop power it up for a few mins unplug ide plug in pc's ide hit enter it detects it then i open winhex and apply patch i let it sit for a few mins then i unplug pc's ide, unplug utv from the wall, plug utv's ide back in and take to tv hook up all connections plug back in

am i doing that right

satchmoe
12-21-2003, 07:05 AM
skip 1 and 2

Take a working unit that is in preview. hotswap and apply patch

DO NOT run mhd3....mhd3 is a great program (thanks wf) but it's use is to unlock a locked drive, which gets zeroed in the process.

Nrmf
12-21-2003, 11:56 AM
dont that as well and still no work puting it up to collect dust

thanks
all