12-20-2003, 07:53 PM
TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
=======================================

Official website: http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp

Latest release: 1.0 (final)
Release timestamp: March 30, 2004 @ 10:30pm CST

Latest improvements/fixes:
-- cleaned up directories and renamed some files (falcontx)
-- fixed a javascript error in search module (falcontx)
-- fixed actor/director links in user interface (hergtoler)
-- fixed import bug in logos module (bobones)
-- improved handling of inserted programs in user interface (falcontx)
-- episode display revised to use number when title not available (falcontx, milazzo)
-- fixed ratings displayed in console/logs instead of browser (agw)
-- HDVR2 remote replaced with enhanced, more functional version (Bushido, falcontx)
-- changed default character set to UTF-8 (lightn)
-- original tivoweb's funny 404 errors unencoded and added (lightn, falcontx)
-- minor bugfixes (falcontx)
-- TivoWebPlus gets a web site (falcontx)

For further information, please visit the TivoWebPlus website (http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp).

Installation instructions are located in the README file, which can be found on the website or in the zip file.

Enjoy!

falcontx

falcontx
12-20-2003, 08:02 PM
B U G * R E P O R T S

Before you report a bug, always do a Full Restart and make sure you can duplicate it. This simple step will resolve some difficulties.

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
-- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
-- TiVoWebPlus version
-- method used to hack the TiVo
-- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
-- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)
-- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.

Due to the inconsistent nature of the BASH_ENV hacking method and the availability of superior methods such as monte, use of TivoWebPlus on units hacked using BASH_ENV will not be supported.

M O D U L E S

Occasionally, people inquire about having modules added to the TivoWebPlus standard install. As a result, we have established some guidelines to help us determine which modules are suitable and appropriate. This was necessary to keep TivoWebPlus from becoming bloated and overwhelmingly difficult to maintain from a developer's standpoint.

Modules that will be considered should be:
-- a final product; specifically, well tested and have all known bugs dealt with
-- cross-platform
-- beneficial to all users, and of general interest to a typical user
-- reasonably small, reasonably fast

This, of course, rules out modules that are currently in development, even if they meet all of the other criteria. However, we realize that despite the state of development or platform dependencies, certain modules can still be very useful and we would like to make them readily available here as suggested modules. If you have authored a module or have found a rather useful module elsewhere that you think should be listed here that is fully compatible with TivoWebPlus, feel free to reply to this thread and let us know about it and we just might add it!

Suggested modules (alphabetical order)
* Please be aware that certain modules may not be compatible with all versions of the TiVo software. Check out the URL and associated documentation prior to using them unless you're feeling lucky. ;)

Backup
Allows the user to backup season passes and wishlists to a file and restore them later. It can be used to re-instate series that are not currently in the guide data and it can remap channels that have been deleted from the line-up since the backup was taken.
Author: Andrew Whewell, angra
URL: http://www.boygenius.co.uk/tivo/

Channel Grid
Allows the user to see a single channel's programming data for a week. The grid displays day on the x-axis and time on the y-axis. This allows the user to look at all programming for a favorite channel.
Author: cwingert
URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116879

Channel Map
Allows the user to remap channel numbers for a given station.
Author: Zirak
URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61830

Conflict Resolve with Two TiVos
Shows unresolved conflicts, then discovers if a second networked TiVo is available to record them.
Author: sanderton
URL: http://www.beaconhill.plus.com/TiVo/tivohacks.htm

Manual Record
Allows the user to setup a manual recording.
Author: cwingert
URL: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117985

New Episodes
Shows the programs in the schedule where the Original Air Date is the same as the Broadcast Date (i.e. they are brand new episodes).

Now Playing with Folders and Sort
Adds Folders and Sorting to the Now Playing module
Author: LJ
URL: http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/

Re-Order Season Passes
Allows an alternative method to change the priorities of Season Passes. Some may find it easier to manipulate large lists using this module.

Showcase
Shows the Inside TiVo and Channel Highlights screens.
Author: LJ
URL: http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/

mrblack51
12-20-2003, 09:17 PM
If you are submitting bug reports about modules not showing up, or anything not related to what you see once tivoweb starts, you should post the output from starting tivoweb with "tivoweb console"!

falcontx
12-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by mrblack51
there are a number of errors in the setup posted by falcontx, i will post an updated version shortly.

falcontx: what files did you modify to enable dual tuner stuff? it should be trivial to enable the dual tuner stuff only when appropraite by looking at a value in the /State area of the mfs. if you let me know what was modified, i could probably track it down. thanks for your hard work
mrblack51:

Thanks for helping me out with the compatibility issues. The only thing I have to work with here is an HDVR2. I'd like to know what errors were present in my setup aside from the ones that I fixed in version falcontx+1.01 (see note below). I named this package "+falcontx" for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't mind it being renamed as others will be contributing. I just want credit to be given where it's due. If you make any revisions, feel free to update the README and replace the file in the second post. I know you can since you're a moderator, but if you'd rather have me do it, that will work as well.

The two files that were altered for dual tuner were ui.itcl starting at line 1550 and sched.itcl starting at line 132. The changes are presently surrounded by "if { $::dtivo }" as I could not figure out where the dual tuner setting is stored. I asked about "/State/SatConfig/ConnectionType" in the Experts forum, but never received a reply.

Grr. As I was checking out all of the files, I noticed that I in fact, did NOT update the DirecTiVo detection in httpd-tt.tcl and did NOT fix the UK support in ui.itcl, so I fixed those two problems and released version falcontx+1.01.

List of other files that are different from the original:
html.itcl -- anti-hacking removed; one very minor change
util.itcl -- anti-hacking removed
httpd-tt.tcl -- anti-hacking removed; support for TyShow links added; alternate IP address determination; DirecTiVo detection changed (in version 1.01)
tivoweb.cfg -- new setting for TyShow link support
modules/info.itcl -- updated to use alternate IP address
modules/logos.itcl -- anti-hacking removed
modules/sched.itcl -- anti-hacking removed; scheduling bug fixed; dual tuner support added
modules/ui.itcl -- anti-hacking removed; IMDb links added to movies; recording bug fixed; support for TyShow links added; dual tuner support added; minor bug regarding 3.x software and graphics fixed; UK support added (in version 1.01)
modules/webremote.itcl -- added support for HDVR2/3 units

There may also be some minor updates in some of the other files, but generally speaking, replacing the files above or any of those in the modules directory should not break your TiVoWeb installation. However, replacing binaries (if you're not using Series 2) definitely will. Whatever you do, just make a backup of your existing installation first and you'll be good. You may also notice that phone.itcl was disabled due to stability issues and displaytext.itcl is also included and disabled as it requires some osd binaries to be installed for it to work. There are a few extra images in the images directory to support the above scripts. None of the binaries were changed and should be able to be replaced easily.

Looks like sanderton has some pretty neat modules that could be included in this package as well. I haven't used any of them yet, but if you want to add them or any others to the package as you're updating, feel free.

Hope this answers everyone's questions. Thanks for helping me perfect this. ;)

falcontx

rpongett
12-21-2003, 03:01 AM
I went ahead and forged forward. Works perfectly on my Phillips 6000 (Dtivo) running 3.1.

Haven't checked out two tuner support yet for Tivoweb. That was the biggest problem I had with Tivoweb as it made the record feature kind of useless without it. I will be very happy if it works.

Juppers
12-21-2003, 03:10 AM
How about including a diff of your changes? I think many of us would find that more useful than a predone package.

JJBliss
12-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rpongett
I went ahead and forged forward. Works perfectly on my Phillips 6000 (Dtivo) running 3.1.

Haven't checked out two tuner support yet for Tivoweb. That was the biggest problem I had with Tivoweb as it made the record feature kind of useless without it. I will be very happy if it works.

You ARE aware that this is in the Series 2 forum, and this package is specifically for Series 2 DTivos? Right?

Did you just blindly load this on your DSR6000 because you didn't read the readme, or did you modify the binaries back to Series 1, or did you just want to give it a shot to see what wouuld happen?

falcontx
12-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Juppers
How about including a diff of your changes? I think many of us would find that more useful than a predone package. Well, if you're just looking for the dual tuner support, I just explained where to find it in my post to mrblack51 above. Here's a quote:
The two files that were altered for dual tuner were ui.itcl starting at line 1550 and sched.itcl starting at line 132. The changes are presently surrounded by "if { $::dtivo }" as I could not figure out where the dual tuner setting is stored. If you want a diff on everything, I'd just recommend using a file comparison utility such as FCU (http://fcu.smibe.com/) to compare your tivoweb directory/files with mine.

falcontx

tytyty
12-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Of course using linux a simple diff newfile oldfile will give you same results.

These modifications apear to be locking up my unit (HDVR2 4.0), I havent looked trough the logs yet for posible causes because if I kill the TiVo while football is on my wife will punt me down the block :)

falcontx
12-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JJBliss
You ARE aware that this is in the Series 2 forum, and this package is specifically for Series 2 DTivos? Right? While the package itself is designed for Series 2 units and contains Series 2 binaries, all of the code is designed to be backwards compatible. All he would have had to do is replace the binaries with Series 1 binaries. I can only assume that is what he did if he claims it is working perfectly.

falcontx

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 02:48 PM
attached is an updated tivoweb. it includes all the changes that falcontx made, plus a number of updates, including modification of the version identification stuff, the new dtivo identification stuff, ability to determine dual tuners, cross-platform support automatically.

please try it out and let me know if it works properly. it works fine on my 4.0 dtivo with dual tuners, but i need other tests to be tried.

see post below

swinokur
12-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Hi,

I just tried this on a T-60 running 2.5.2:

bash-2.02# ./tivoweb console
bash-2.02# <166>Dec 21 19:10:07 tcl[6850]: Tcl created pool of 2916352 bytes
TiVo Web Project - TCL - v1.9.4
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
retrying after errTmActiveLockConflict ...
can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
"db $db open /State/AvConfig"
("uplevel" body line 23)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set swsystem [db $db open /SwSystem/ACTIVE]
set tivoswversion [dbobj $swsystem get Name]
set setup [db $db open /Setup]

..."
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 628)

attached is an updated tivoweb. it includes all the changes that falcontx made, plus a number of updates, including modification of the version identification stuff, the new dtivo identification stuff, ability to determine dual tuners, cross-platform support automatically.

please try it out and let me know if it works properly. it works fine on my 4.0 dtivo with dual tuners, but i need other tests to be tried.

SR712
12-21-2003, 03:31 PM
errrrr..... this package, as stated previously, is just for series 2 units, as we are in the Series 2 Hacking section. The Sony T60 is a series 1. Nice try, though... nothing ventured, nothing gained... I suppose. :D

tytyty
12-21-2003, 03:42 PM
As stated in the README, this may work if you continue to use S1 binaries.

Take a look inside the tivoweb-tcl direcory of mrblack51's upgrade it has folders for both ppc (S1) and mips (S2) binaries. It starts with S2 binaries so just copy all the files from the bin-ppc folder to get S1 binaries.

My hat is off to mrblack51 a very nice upgrade package by providing those.

swinokur
12-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Hmmm... Mr. Black's post said the crucial sneaky words "Cross-Platform." (Which seemed to imply both S1 and S2 support. Although with all the tivo platforms around these days, "cross-platform" could mean other things.

if you look at httpd-tt.tcl, he's auto-selecting the correct binaries.

tytyty
12-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Using mrblack51's version I am seeing this error.

NONE can't read "::version3": no such variable
while executing
"if {$::version3} {
set p_event 0
set evtnum 0
set mwStateG ""

register_module "screen" "Screen" "View and control your TiVo's screen"
}"
(file "./modules/screen.itcl" line 353)
invoked from within
"source $module "

replacing version3 with version fixed this for me YMMV

HDVR2 4.0.1sw

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 04:27 PM
i noticed that right after i posted it. however, the change should not be to make $::version3 to $::version, because thats not how stuff works anymore. the proper change is $::version >= 3

i will post an updated version shortly, are there any other issues? please try this stuff on s1 units as well. if it works, i will post a proper archive with a version number increment and such

Originally posted by tytyty
Using mrblack51's version I am seeing this error.

NONE can't read "::version3": no such variable
while executing
set p_event 0
set evtnum 0
set mwStateG ""

register_module "screen" "Screen" "View and control your TiVo's screen"
}"
(file "./modules/screen.itcl" line 353)
invoked from within
"source $module "

replacing version3 with version fixed this for me YMMV

HDVR2 4.0.1sw

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Attached is an updated version. it should work fine on s1 and s2 dtivos, detect dtivo vs. SA properly, and work on 5.x as well as the other versions. try it out.

Edit: this updated version (2:04pm PST) should fix the issue with 2.5.2 as well...thanks rc3105

edit 2: grab the new attachment down below

tytyty
12-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Still having a problem finding this object on 2.5.2

can't read "AvConfig": no such variable
while executing
"dbobj $AvConfig get TunerCount"
("uplevel" body line 43)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set swsystem [db $db open /SwSystem/ACTIVE]
set tivoswversion [dbobj $swsystem get Name]

..."
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 628)

/tivoweb-tcl# cat /etc/build-version
b-2-5-1 @79418 2002.04.09-1916 release-tivo1 COMPACT_LAYOUT NIELSENLOGGING STANDALONE DIRECTV TCPHONEHOME_POST_PROCESSING
2002.04.09-1916 2.5.2-01-1

I guess I will load an old version and do some mfs research.

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Still having a problem finding this object on 2.5.2

2002.04.09-1916 2.5.2-01-1

i know what the problem is. did you use the newest version (from 2:04 pm?)

tytyty
12-21-2003, 06:36 PM
yes, after I spent about 20 mins hacking old version where it was also not getting $num_tuners correctly.

Im still poking through the mfs resources anyway, quite interesting....

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 06:48 PM
yes, after I spent about 20 mins hacking old version where it was also not getting $num_tuners correctly.

ok, dumb mistake. in httpd-tt.tcl,

} else {
set setuptz [dbobj $setup get TimeZone]
set daylightsavings [dbobj $setup get DaylightSavingsPolicy]
set num_tuners [dbobj $AvConfig get TunerCount]
}

change the 5th line to "set AvConfig [db $db open /Setup]" and see if that works

Dank
12-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Getting errors on a Series 1 standalone. Here are the errors from my Console startup.

info
NONE /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips/get_space: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips/get_space: cannot execute binary file
while executing
"error $error"
(procedure "get_totalsizes" line 12)
invoked from within
"get_totalsizes"
(file "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/modules/info.itcl" line 436)
invoked from within
"source $module "
lj_utils

ui
NONE no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30019
while executing
"dbobj $subgenre get Value"
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach subgenre $subgenres {
set index [dbobj $subgenre get Value]
if {$index != 0 && [lsearch $keys $index] == -1} {
set vlabel [..."
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set genre [db $db openid $fsid]
set subgenres [dbobj $genre get Child]
if {$subgenres != ""} {
foreach subgenre $s..."
(procedure "GetSAGenres" line 12)
invoked from within
"GetSAGenres"
(procedure "init_db" line 71)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/modules/ui.itcl" line 4096)
invoked from within
"source $module "
webremote

Anything you want me to try?

erhan
12-21-2003, 06:59 PM
OK, I installed the 2:04 version on my DSR7000 w/ 4.0 and it's working fine. I noticed some modules (e.g. phone) did not register, then also noticed that they are not supposed to due to the "if $::series" block.

I haven't gotten the media player to work (getting unknown protocol errors), but this is the first time I'm trying it so I guess some searching is in order.

tytyty
12-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Not loading

actually it shows loading but does not display.

You may also want to look at how you grep for ip
my turbonet loads as eth1

Dank
12-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by erhan
I haven't gotten the media player to work (getting unknown protocol errors), but this is the first time I'm trying it so I guess some searching is in order. In order to allow Media Player to play the tivo stream you need TyShow for Windows (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27399) . That should solve your unknown protocol.

Dank
12-21-2003, 07:45 PM
So I was able to fix the two .itcl errors, but the program still seems to want to be running MIPS despite being on a series 1 standalone. When I do a search, I get the error:

An error was encountered running the search program
/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips/bsearch: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips/bsearch: cannot execute binary file

BTW, the patches I did to get the itcls working are as follows:

<<I deleted the patch because it was WRONG>>

And in ui.itcl, I added the (very common) patch of changing GetSAGenres(), inside the if !ultivo. I can send you that patch if you want, but I think that patch is specific to certain TiVos, since it has never been rolled into the official tivoweb either.

EDIT: So apparently, other than the standard GetSAGenres error, the issue was purely the code that detects and set bin_mips or bin_ppc. I hard-coded mine to bin_ppc, and now everything works fine. So there is just some issue in the system detection.

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by erhan
OK, I installed the 2:04 version on my DSR7000 w/ 4.0 and it's working fine. I noticed some modules (e.g. phone) did not register, then also noticed that they are not supposed to due to the "if $::series" block.

thats normal, i figured it was better to do it that way so it would be cross platform

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 09:13 PM
displaytesxt Not loading

actually it shows loading but does not display.

thats normal. its disabled due to newtext2osd issues. you should be able to get it working yourself, but im not going to enable it by default yet.

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Dank
So I was able to fix the two .itcl errors, but the program still seems to want to be running MIPS despite being on a series 1 standalone. When I do a search, I get the error:

/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips/bsearch: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/bin_mips/bsearch: cannot execute binary file

yup, looks my check was off slightly. i will see if i can fix it and post an updated version shortly.

And in ui.itcl, I added the (very common) patch of changing GetSAGenres(), inside the if !ultivo. I can send you that patch if you want, but I think that patch is specific to certain TiVos, since it has never been rolled into the official tivoweb either.

please post the patch, or prefferably a link. if you dont get to it soon enough, i will probably just look for it over at AVS.

edit: im not sure what issue you are having with GetSAGenres, because the ui.itcl includes the updated code AFAIK. please post the error and what you had to change. here is the url i found - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=973653&highlight=GetSAGenres#post973653

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 10:13 PM
this version should have all the updates implemented, except for whatever GetSAGenre issue was being reffered to. I wasn't properly implementing the version check...bah, grabbing one too many characters. Give it a shot.

edit: see later post

Dank
12-21-2003, 10:53 PM
im not sure what issue you are having with GetSAGenres, because the ui.itcl includes the updated code AFAIK. please post the error and what you had to change. here is the url i found - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=973653&highlight=GetSAGenres#post973653 Yes, that patch in the URL is the patch I implemented. Here is the section as I have it on mine:

if { !$::uktivo } {
set incrsize 50
foreach genrefsid $genres {
regsub {/-1$} $genrefsid {} fsid
set done 0
set idx 0
while {!$done} {
RetryTransaction {
set subgenres [dbobj $genre gettarget Child]
set numsubs [llength $subgenres]
if {$subgenres != ""} {
set maxcount [expr ($numsubs > $idx + $incrsize) ? ($idx + $incrsize) : $numsubs]
for {set i $idx} {$i < $maxcount} {incr i} {
set subgenre [dbobj $genre get Child $i]
set vlabel [strim [dbobj $subgenre get Name]]
lappend keys $index
lappend vals $vlabel
}
}
if {$numsubs == $maxcount} {
set done 1
} else {
incr idx $incrsize
}
} else {
set done 1
}
}
}
}
} else {

hom3l3ss
12-21-2003, 11:11 PM
i'm still getting an error when i'm trying to record, i'm using mrblack's updated one, anybody else having the same problem?

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Dank
Yes, that patch in the URL is the patch I implemented. Here is the section as I have it on mine:

if { !$::uktivo } {
set incrsize 50
foreach genrefsid $genres {
regsub {/-1$} $genrefsid {} fsid
set done 0
set idx 0
while {!$done} {
RetryTransaction {
set subgenres [dbobj $genre gettarget Child]
set numsubs [llength $subgenres]
if {$subgenres != ""} {
set maxcount [expr ($numsubs > $idx + $incrsize) ? ($idx + $incrsize) : $numsubs]
for {set i $idx} {$i < $maxcount} {incr i} {
set subgenre [dbobj $genre get Child $i]
set vlabel [strim [dbobj $subgenre get Name]]
lappend keys $index
lappend vals $vlabel
}
}
if {$numsubs == $maxcount} {
set done 1
} else {
incr idx $incrsize
}
} else {
set done 1
}
}
}
}
} else {

well, im not sure why that was changed then. i changed it back to not checking against the uktivo detection (since according to AVS it should work for both), and will add it to the next iteration i post.

mrblack51
12-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by hom3l3ss
i'm still getting an error when i'm trying to record, i'm using mrblack's updated one, anybody else having the same problem?

trying to record what, and where, on what unit. you havent posted in this thread before, so 'still getting an error' isnt descriptive enough

hom3l3ss
12-21-2003, 11:39 PM
nevermind i got it to work, thanks mr black!

falcontx
12-21-2003, 11:50 PM
this version should have all the updates implemented, except for whatever GetSAGenre issue was being reffered to. I wasn't properly implementing the version check...bah, grabbing one too many characters. Give it a shot. It's still working well on my HDVR3 3.1.1b with dual tuners. Thanks again for all of your work.

I have one quick question however. Could you or someone else tell me what the resource.itcl is supposed to do? Because on my TiVo, it simply has the "Resource Groups" heading and nothing else. Perhaps it should be disabled on certain units, such as mine.

Additionally, it seems there are some problems calculating hard disk space in the info.itcl. I'm not sure if a more up-to-date version exists, but if it does, it should be replaced. My current unit has an 80gb hard drive which reports as 71hrs. On the info screen, it states that I have 66856 MB total, yet the total for all of my recordings is 68969 MB which leaves me with -2113 MB free space. The total is miscalculated apparently.

These are just minor things. If I happen to stumble upon a revised info.itcl, I'll shoot it your way.

Thanks again!

falcontx

mrblack51
12-22-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by falcontx
I have one quick question however. Could you or someone else tell me what the resource.itcl is supposed to do? Because on my TiVo, it simply has the "Resource Groups" heading and nothing else. Perhaps it should be disabled on certain units, such as mine.

Additionally, it seems there are some problems calculating hard disk space in the info.itcl. I'm not sure if a more up-to-date version exists, but if it does, it should be replaced. My current unit has an 80gb hard drive which reports as 71hrs. On the info screen, it states that I have 66856 MB total, yet the total for all of my recordings is 68969 MB which leaves me with -2113 MB free space. The total is miscalculated apparently.

im not aware of any updates regarding info.tcl or get_space, so i cant help ya there. as for the resource groups, its a way of editing the resources in the MFS. the reason you dont see anything there is because you don't have a file which matches your version. if you look in the tivoweb dir structure, you will see examples of resource files. one common use of resource editing is to change bit-rates on standalone tivos.

falcontx
12-22-2003, 12:08 AM
im not aware of any updates regarding info.tcl or get_space, so i cant help ya there. as for the resource groups, its a way of editing the resources in the MFS. the reason you dont see anything there is because you don't have a file which matches your version. if you look in the tivoweb dir structure, you will see examples of resource files. one common use of resource editing is to change bit-rates on standalone tivos. Ahh.. okay.. I'll check it out.. Thanks for the explanation.. ;)

Ellipse
12-22-2003, 01:41 AM
It looks like one of the few things not working here are those commands that require sendkey. (Hence the fun errors I get!)

I think I must be missing something, because I have looked for posts about devbin and/or sendkey for the HDVR2 on 4.0 and cannot find any. Can someone point me the right direction?

swinokur
12-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Newest version, again on a 2.5.2 T-60:

bash-2.02# <166>Dec 22 05:27:05 tcl[7079]: Tcl created pool of 2916352 bytes
TiVo Web Project - TCL - v1.9.4

eth0: unknown interface.
while executing
"exec ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet addr" | cut -d ":" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 696)

(my interface is called net0) - so I just edited that line to refer to net0 instead of eth0.

---

I still only see one tuner on the "info" page - should I see both tuners there, or is there someplace else to check for multiple tuners?

---

When I try to click on a program or episode (in nowshowing, season passes, actually many places in tivoweb)...

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/82061' ''
invalid command name "get_thumbimage"
while executing
"get_thumbimage $score"
("uplevel" body line 7)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set series [db $db openid $objectid]
set title [strim [dbobj $series get Title]]
set score [dbobj $series get ThumbData]
se..."
(procedure "::action_series" line 15)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

mrblack51
12-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by swinokur
while executing
"exec ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet addr" | cut -d ":" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 696)

(my interface is called net0) - so I just edited that line to refer to net0 instead of eth0.

---

I still only see one tuner on the "info" page - should I see both tuners there, or is there someplace else to check for multiple tuners?

i have very little interest in supporting the numerous ways you can name your ethernet interface. as such, i have added an entry into tivoweb.cfg that you can set however is appropriate. only one tuner on the info page is normal based on what i am seeing, and i havent found any futher information.

mrblack51
12-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by swinokur
When I try to click on a program or episode (in nowshowing, season passes, actually many places in tivoweb)...

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/82061' ''
invalid command name "get_thumbimage"
while executing
"get_thumbimage $score"
("uplevel" body line 7)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set series [db $db openid $objectid]
set title [strim [dbobj $series get Title]]
set score [dbobj $series get ThumbData]
se..."
(procedure "::action_series" line 15)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

before posting bugs like this, please check your setup using existing copies of tivoweb. I am only going to track down new bugs that i introduce.

mrblack51
12-22-2003, 02:24 AM
here is the updated version. if you have an ethernet adapter on something other than eth0, change the entry in tivoweb.cfg. i reverted ui.itcl back to the way that it is implemented on AVS, which seems to work.

edit: see update below

ronnythunder
12-22-2003, 02:45 AM
this might be handy to some. it's a copy of cwingert's manrec.itcl (manual recording module) that's been somewhat enhanced for the dual tuner stuff.

i say "somewhat", because (a) it assumes a dual tuner active dtivo without even checking and (b) it only handles conflicts when doing "once" repeat option recordings. if these are ok, read on...

if you make a manual recording when there are no previous conflicts, it just does it. if there was one show already scheduled, it reports it, says it's ok, and schedules the new show. if there are already two things to be recorded and you didn't set the "force" flag, it reports the two existing shows and does not record the new one.

here's the biggie: if there were already two shows set to record, and you try to make a new one with the force flag set to yes, it whacks *both* of the previous recordings. i repeat: it whacks *both* of the previous recordings and schedules the new one.

so, my advice: if you have two existing shows, use the ui module (or the gui itself) and cancel one prior to making the new recording.

big thanks to falcontx for coming up with the dual tuner stuff, and of course, big props to all of those who have worked to bring us tivoweb.

ronny

splitsec
12-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Just trying this out on my Series 1 unit, and I am getting a complaint from the httpd-tt.tcl file:

couldn't execute "cut": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec ifconfig $ethernet_interface | grep "inet addr" | cut -d ":" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 700)

I am using eth0, and ifconfig is returning information about the eth0 interface.

I am just going to start looking into the cut command.. it doesn't appear to be a part of busybox. Should this be installed on my box as part of the default tivo install? or is it a binary that I needed to add? The only binaries that I have found (so far) are for the Series 2.

I am sure I will figure it out, but I thought I would let you know that there appears to be a dependancy in this version, that is not included in the .tar

ronnythunder
12-22-2003, 07:00 PM
busybox can be configured to have it in there. here's a s1 busybox (ppc) that has "cut" in it. in fact, here's the complete list of this particular executable:
Currently defined functions:
busybox, clear, cut, df, dirname, dos2unix, du, false, find, free,
grep, gunzip, gzip, head, kill, killall, md5sum, mkfifo, more,
pidof, ps, sed, sleep, sort, tail, tar, touch, true, tty, uniq,
unix2dos, uptime, uudecode, uuencode, wc, which, whoami, xargs,
yes, zcat

ronny

splitsec
12-22-2003, 07:12 PM
I hard coded my IP address (I am not using DHCP anyways) and it appears to be working for me fine for now, would still like to find the "cut" binary to a series 1 in order to be working with a standard implementation

(always easier when you come back to something 6 months later, if you haven't made too many "customizations"...)

Edit: about to try the busybox that was just posted... thanks!

falcontx
12-23-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by splitsec
Just trying this out on my Series 1 unit, and I am getting a complaint from the httpd-tt.tcl file:

couldn't execute "cut": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec ifconfig $ethernet_interface | grep "inet addr" | cut -d ":" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 700)
If your TiVo doesn't have "cut" and you don't want to install it for whatever reason, simply replace line 700 with the following:
set ip_address [lindex [split [string trim [exec ifconfig $ethernet_interface | grep "inet addr"]] " :"] 2]
mrblack51, you may want to use this instead in your next iteration for compatibility reasons. Of course, grep is still needed, but I assume it's more common than cut.

falcontx

splitsec
12-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by falcontx
If your TiVo doesn't have "cut" and you don't want to install it for whatever reason, simply replace line 700 with the following:
set ip_address [lindex [split [string trim [exec ifconfig $ethernet_interface | grep "inet addr"]] " :"] 2]
mrblack51, you may want to use this instead in your next iteration for compatibility reasons. Of course, grep is still needed, but I assume it's more common than cut.

falcontx

Just tried that line, and it works for me as well. So if anyone is having troubles I would suggest trying either the busybox (make sure you create a link between cut and busybox) or replace that line with the one that falcontx has just posted.

Thanks for all the help.

splitsec
12-23-2003, 03:09 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem viewing their logs with Tivoweb?

With the install here (and I think the original before the dual tuner mods) I was getting an error.

I was able to fix it by making the following change:

50,51c50,51
< set fsize [file size "$TIVO_ROOT/var/log/$path"]
< set logfile [open "$TIVO_ROOT/var/log/$path" "r"]
---
> set fsize [file size "$TIVO_ROOT$path"]
> set logfile [open "$TIVO_ROOT$path" "r"]

Otherwise the paths were coming out wrong and I was ending up with //var/log//var/log/logname.log

I am wondering if I have something setup screwy and this works for everyone else, or if this is a change that should be made to the distro?

rpongett
12-23-2003, 03:09 AM
JJBliss:

Falcontx said that this would work on both Series 1 DTivos and Series 2s. He posted a link tothis thread on the Extraction board.

FalconTX:

Alright, the two tuner deal seems to be working, but after using it for a while, I can no longer load up my ToDo completely.

It now shows my "To Do" programs for about a week, then I get the following error message (again, Phillips Series 1 Dtivo running 3.1):

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
no such object:
while executing
"dbobj $series fsid"
("uplevel" body line 45)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type $path $prefix 15 {
set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
set manual 0
set suggestion 0
if {$::version3} {
set ..."
(procedure "action_todo" line 72)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 29)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--
The rest of my To Do programs are not shown.

I even tried rebooting my DTivo. No dice. Same error message.

I've never had a problem with "To Do" before on Tivoweb, and its stopping around the same date as one of the programs I added using the new dual tuner support.

Edit: The issue here MAY be that I added an "Unititiled" program (neither the episode or program were titled becuase its a college football game ESPN will show a week and a half from now that isn't yet in the guide data, apparently). It didn't even show up with a link on my Channel Guide when I was setting it up to record. That may be the ' ' in the error message in action_todo. Perhaps there is something special that must be entered in the ToDo data when scheduling a program such as this to prevent this error. Totally speculating here, of course.

Dank
12-23-2003, 03:20 AM

It now shows my "To Do" programs for about a week, then I get the following error message (again, Phillips Series 1 Dtivo running 3.1): That error looks like it is an old "$::version3" error. From other posts in this thread, all those got changed to (I think) "$::version >= 3". But regardless, that change should get rolled into the official version.

rpongett
12-23-2003, 03:26 AM
FalconTX:

The error I speculated on above was it. I deleted the unusual untitled program (had a title for neither the program or the episode). Now it loads fine.

If you want to check this out yourself for fine tuning your modifications, the program is on ESPN on Monday Dec 29th at 6:00pm Pacific Time. Its entry appears as follows:

6:00 pm To Be Announced UNKNOWN

If you try to schedule it through your Tivoweb Channel Guide after loading your Tivoweb changes, it will probably nuke your ToDo list, as well.

rpongett
12-23-2003, 04:12 AM
One more slight Dual Tuner error.

Sometimes, it lists a two tuner conflict where there isn't one. Usually, its when programs were deleted semi-recently in that time slot, but the data appears to be updated in the ToDo lists.

Kind of a weird output. It lists only one program, but claims there's a two tuner conflict. An example is attached.

I also just tried scheduling this program mannually through the actual Tivo (seconds after giving it one more unsuccessful go through Tivoweb), and it scheduled fine.

Lastly, it should be noted that this program is almost two weeks away (Jan. 2), so its relatively near the end of the programming data. Not sure if that's at all relevant. There was another example on Jan. 1.

rpongett
12-23-2003, 04:17 AM
One more error.

Now, when I do a program search in Tivoweb's "Search" function, I get the following error:

Search Results for "Cotton"
Results
./bsearch: ./bsearch: cannot execute binary file
Its always worked fine before installing this version.

A screenshot it attached

splitsec
12-23-2003, 04:26 AM
I may be getting a bit off topic here, but after fixing the logs module on my Tivo (series1), I decided it would be nice to be able to clear the logs from there as well. I have modified the logs.itcl file so that you have that option now..

It puts in a short message saying "Logs cleared on {date} by TivoWeb"

As .itcl is not a valid extension for this board, you will need to rename it from .txt to .itcl after downloading it.

mrblack51
12-23-2003, 02:13 PM
One more error.

Now, when I do a program search in Tivoweb's "Search" function, I get the following error:

Its always worked fine before installing this version.

A screenshot it attached

which version are you using? falcontx's 1.01, or my latest updated one?

mrblack51
12-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem viewing their logs with Tivoweb?

With the install here (and I think the original before the dual tuner mods) I was getting an error.

I was able to fix it by making the following change:

50,51c50,51
< set fsize [file size "$TIVO_ROOT/var/log/$path"]
< set logfile [open "$TIVO_ROOT/var/log/$path" "r"]
---
> set fsize [file size "$TIVO_ROOT$path"]
> set logfile [open "$TIVO_ROOT$path" "r"]

Otherwise the paths were coming out wrong and I was ending up with //var/log//var/log/logname.log

I am wondering if I have something setup screwy and this works for everyone else, or if this is a change that should be made to the distro?

generally the TIVO_ROOT environment variable is blank. not sure why yours isnt. i suppose there isnt a lot of harm hardcoding it to /var/log, but i think your situation is an aberation, not the norm.

rpongett
12-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Mr. Black:

FalconTX's 1.01.

I didn't install your version yet. I'll do that and try again.

mrblack51
12-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Mr. Black:

FalconTX's 1.01.

I didn't install your version yet. I'll do that and try again.

part of the reason i ask is because in the 1.00 package, he had one of the two binaries as mips, the other was still ppc. i believe it was bsearch. not sure if he fixed it in the current version.

mavrcksd
12-23-2003, 05:59 PM
here is the updated version. if you have an ethernet adapter on something other than eth0, change the entry in tivoweb.cfg. i reverted ui.itcl back to the way that it is implemented on AVS, which seems to work.

I just installed this on my Phillips S1 - and it's working great...

No errors when it launches, and it's wonderful... I can force my daily call now through the web, since that module was choking all the time.

I'm going to go home tonight and try this on my HDVR2.

kjusf
12-23-2003, 10:13 PM
When I installed this new version, several of the modules do not function as expected.

1. What's On - Returns no program data
2. View Upcoming Listings from the Channel Guide returns no program data.
3. Search - When i search on "Will" and select "Will & Grace" from the results, I get a list of upcoming episodes. The odd thing is the Showing Date is not correct. Today is 23-Dec and the results show a range of 4-Dec to 14-Dec. I suspect this is why the What's On and View Upcoming Listings are not functioning.

I reinstalled the version prior to the "Dual Tuner support" and the items above work as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

mrblack51
12-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by kjusf
When I installed this new version, several of the modules do not function as expected.

1. What's On - Returns no program data
2. View Upcoming Listings from the Channel Guide returns no program data.
3. Search - When i search on "Will" and select "Will & Grace" from the results, I get a list of upcoming episodes. The odd thing is the Showing Date is not correct. Today is 23-Dec and the results show a range of 4-Dec to 14-Dec. I suspect this is why the What's On and View Upcoming Listings are not functioning.

I reinstalled the version prior to the "Dual Tuner support" and the items above work as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

we need more info. standalone or dtivo, s1 or s2. what 'prior version' were you using (and from what source), and were there any error messages. in addition, which version from this thread are you using? the one i posted, or falcontx's version?

splitsec
12-24-2003, 01:33 AM
generally the TIVO_ROOT environment variable is blank. not sure why yours isnt. i suppose there isnt a lot of harm hardcoding it to /var/log, but i think your situation is an aberation, not the norm.

My TIVO_ROOT is blank. The link that is being create (on my machine) includes the path, so by having the path in there, it ends up being in twice.

So you are saying it works on your machine? I wonder what is different about my configuration.

Split

mrblack51
12-24-2003, 03:18 AM
My TIVO_ROOT is blank. The link that is being create (on my machine) includes the path, so by having the path in there, it ends up being in twice.

So you are saying it works on your machine? I wonder what is different about my configuration.

Split

yes, my tivo root is blank. the stuff i posted has been tested to work on all the various tivos in my possession, without errors. im unsure as to how your setup is getting the path in there twice. if i use the log code that you posted as-is, it fails on all my units. converting it back to the standard way makes it work properly.

rpongett
12-24-2003, 03:26 AM
MrBlack:

Everything appears to work with your changes.

Reviewing the errors I brought up before:
(1) I can now use the "search" function again
(2) Dual Tuner appears to work (though I don't know if that odd error described above may pop up)
(3) Full Support for TyShow (note: still can't get Zoomplayer to work and WMP still shows it improperly in the source resolution 480x480)

However, I still get errors in my ToDo list whenever I set a program to record that is titled "To Be Announced", as described above.

rpongett
12-24-2003, 03:31 AM
Here's something I can't figure out that has changed: Tivoweb no longer loads automatically on reboot.

Its located in the exact same directory as it always was (and it loaded upon reboot before I set these changes up). It appears to be attempting to load. Here is my most recent debug log for my reboot:

TmkLogger: <134>Dec 24 06:38:24 tcl[151]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:27 xPlusz v3.10 started, entry code=''
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:27 xPlusz starting log cleanup...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:27 exec /hack/bin/xPlusz/xPluszDvr.tcl
TmkLogger: <134>Dec 24 06:38:28 tcl[155]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:28 starting cron...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:28 activating noscramble module: noscramble.o ...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:29 starting telnet...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:30 starting tivoweb...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:31 starting tivoftpd...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:31 1: setting CallWaitingPrefix = ''
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:31 NOPHONE not activated
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:31 executing logsNullsz.sh -tv
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:32 logsNullsz.sh -tv ended, rc=0
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:32 logsNull -tv rc=0
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:38 mvchannels not activated, attempting to cleanup
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:40 starting tivoweb...
Tue Dec 23 03 22:38:41 xPlusz exiting, rc=0 I'm not sure what's changed.

I now have to manually go into my directory and click ./tivoweb for it to load.

kjusf
12-24-2003, 01:05 PM
we need more info. standalone or dtivo, s1 or s2. what 'prior version' were you using (and from what source), and were there any error messages. in addition, which version from this thread are you using? the one i posted, or falcontx's version?

I have a standalone s2. The version of TivoWeb installed by Sleeper's ISO works as expected.

I'm using the latest version you uploaded on 12-22-2003 1:24 AM. I get no error messages on the What's On, View Upcoming Listing or Search Page. The results pages are blank for the What's On and View Upcoming Listings. And the Search Page results, show the wrong show dates. Screenshot attached.

splitsec
12-24-2003, 03:10 PM
ok, I am thinking that this is something that is pecular to my setup.

Care to help me diagnose what it is?

As I only have the one tivo setup, and this is how it has always worked for me, I don't have a basis for how it is working for other people.

Attached is a jpg of my logs screen. I am hovering over the elseed log at the top of the list. You can see the link that it is going to go to in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

You can see that it includes the /var/log path in the URL.

So my questions are:

1) Do your logs show up with the /var/log path in the filename column?

2) Does the url you are directed to contain the /var/log path?

My guess is that you are just seeing the filename, and not the path. If that is the case, then I have a path to head down, if not, I must choose a path a little further down. :)

3) Is the clearing of the logs something that people think is worthwhile? (I just use it for elseed, as I had caller ID information going back to June)

mrblack51
12-24-2003, 03:15 PM
So my questions are:

1) Do your logs show up with the /var/log path in the filename column?

2) Does the url you are directed to contain the /var/log path?

My guess is that you are just seeing the filename, and not the path. If that is the case, then I have a path to head down, if not, I must choose a path a little further down. :)

3) Is the clearing of the logs something that people think is worthwhile? (I just use it for elseed, as I had caller ID information going back to June)

1) nope, just the filename

2) nope, the url for me is http://s2dtivo/logs

3) i think its worthwhile. it may not be useful for everyone, but if you are looking at your logs in tivoweb, it seems natural to have the ability to clear or delete them in the same place.

mrblack51
12-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by kjusf
I have a standalone s2. The version of TivoWeb installed by Sleeper's ISO works as expected.

I'm using the latest version you uploaded on 12-22-2003 1:24 AM. I get no error messages on the What's On, View Upcoming Listing or Search Page. The results pages are blank for the What's On and View Upcoming Listings. And the Search Page results, show the wrong show dates. Screenshot attached.

wait, are you running version 4.0? I think the problem could be related to why fixsub40.tcl had to be updated as well. specifically, there was a change in how the dates were handled in certain parts of tivoweb.

there is only one change between my whatson.itcl and the one from deloused tivoweb, which is the change for version handling.

edit: i just tried both the deloused version and my current version. I am seeing the same thing as you. this is wierd, since the only change is to the version check. i will do some investigating. if anyone has ideas on this, let me know

Juppers
12-25-2003, 12:22 AM
I posted a fixed httpd-tt.tcl in another thread a week or so ago that fixes the date issue for 4.0. I haven't look at the recent tivoweb mods yet, and probably won't until they show how to hook into system events in 4.0+. Basically, tivoweb changes timezone into seconds, but it 4.0 it is already in seconds. so instead of however many seconds offset it is supposed to be, it is being multiplied by 3600.

splitsec
12-25-2003, 03:34 AM
mrb: is your TIVO_ROOT completely empty? or does it just contain a slash? mine has a / in it

Which I think is messing up the regsub as the string for the exp ends up being //var/log instead of /var/log and thus never gets parsed out.

Split

splitsec
12-25-2003, 03:47 AM
at line 170 in my rc.sysinit I have

# Some tcl scripts expect TIVO_ROOT to be set. It would be cleaner to
# just use the path, but that's not the way it is right now. The
# contents of TIVO_ROOT is prepended to paths, so the empty string is
# just fine.
TIVO_ROOT=/
export TIVO_ROOT

Is this unique to my setup?

mrblack51
12-25-2003, 03:57 AM
at line 170 in my rc.sysinit I have

# Some tcl scripts expect TIVO_ROOT to be set. It would be cleaner to
# just use the path, but that's not the way it is right now. The
# contents of TIVO_ROOT is prepended to paths, so the empty string is
# just fine.
TIVO_ROOT=/
export TIVO_ROOT

Is this unique to my setup?

yes, that is unique to your setup. mine is blank

cullen_simpson
12-26-2003, 12:54 PM
I was having a problem scheduling a recording on DIY channel via TiVoweb. I installed this updated package in the hopes that it would solve the problem, but it did not.

When I select a show from the DIY channel (230) to record and then hit the conflicts button, I get this:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_conflicts '' 'set "quality" "100";set "kal" "2";set "startearly" "0";set "endlate" "0";set "objectid" "/2278881/86";set "Conflicts" "Conflicts";'
can't read "channum": no such variable
while executing
"td $channum"
(procedure "do_conflictsrow" line 30)
invoked from within
"do_conflictsrow $chan $showing [expr $startearly * 60] [expr $endlate * 60]"
("uplevel" body line 8)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $objectid junk fsid subobjid] } {
set showing [db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid]
..."
(procedure "::action_conflicts" line 45)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Interestingly when I go to the channel guid and pick all channels and then select 230, I get this:

Error: Unknown Station '3482'

---------------------------------------------------------------
Additional info:
Series 1 DTivo
I just added DIY to my package yesterday via DirecTV's website.
I do not have it checked off in "Channels I receive"
I have the TiVo set to look in "Channels I receive" for the normal guide data.
And most importantly, I am out of town and have no idea if DirecTV actually turned the channel on for me or not.
I wanted to record something on that channel before I get back in town, but I may be screwed.
I can telnet in and make mods, but I have not found anything that I can do to fix it yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Cullen

kjusf
12-26-2003, 04:30 PM
as i suspected, the change in time stuff in 4.0 seems to have been the culprit. by merging in the updates that juppers posted, the whatson module now funcitons properly. give this one a shot (thanks juppers)

I installed your latest update and it works like a champ! Thank you Mr. Black and juppers for your help.

BubbleLamp
12-28-2003, 05:38 PM
You ARE aware that this is in the Series 2 forum, and this package is specifically for Series 2 DTivos? Right?

Did you just blindly load this on your DSR6000 because you didn't read the readme, or did you modify the binaries back to Series 1, or did you just want to give it a shot to see what wouuld happen?

Since this indeed now cross-platform, can the thread be moved to a place where ALL who might be interested in it would find it?

mrblack51
12-28-2003, 05:53 PM
Since this indeed now cross-platform, can the thread be moved to a place where ALL who might be interested in it would find it?

i will start a new thread...just gotta get to it

splitsec
12-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Ok, I decided to go through the tivoweb and see what is working, and not working on my S1 - Dtivo running 3.1.0

With the latest version of TivoWeb as posted in this thread, DisplayText is not working for me. Now this was not working for me prior to this version either.

I have narrowed down the reason why this isn't working but wanted to know if it is a "just me" problem. I don't think it is.

The symptom that I am experiencing is (obviously) no text displayed on the screen.

So I modified displayText.itcl to dump out the command that it is trying to run:

/tivoweb-tcl/bin_ppc/newtext2osd -ttesting 1.2.3 -s5 -p15 -o90

I pasted this into a telnet session and it fails there as well.

by removing the -p15 and -o90 it will display on the screen "testing"

So looking at the supported parameters for "newtext2osd" it is quite apparent that the -p "font size" parameter is not supported, and the -o "bg transparency" is also not supported.

Also in order to display the full text, quotes would need to be placed around the text entered.

newtext2osd doesn't present any version information when displaying the options, so I can only assume that the version here matches the version that has been included in the src directory which is 1.4.

Does the DisplayText module work for anyone else on a series 1? (I haven't tested the mips binaries).

Splitsec

rpongett
12-30-2003, 03:08 AM
Falcon:

For whatever reason, the dual tuner support isn't working for me now a fair bit.

I just tried to set it to record two different programs (different days) and received the same error discussed in my messages above -- that is, Tivoweb claims there is a conflict with two tuners, but only one other program conflicts in that time slot. Even in the conflict screen, Tivoweb also shows only one other program (which checks out with the ToDo list, as well).

Again, I'm running a Series I DTivo (Phillips) using Mr. Black's latest version.

lenroc
12-30-2003, 04:24 AM
I have a SA S2 running 4.01

I had the 'official' version of TivoWeb installed at first, and that worked after a bit of mucking around (replacing ui.itcl, changing references to TimeZoneOld, etc.). I hadn't fixed the time offset thing (my recordings were showing as being made in February 04), but it worked ;)

Then I found this version, and after installing it everything worked, but the UI part went away (meaning the page where you can choose Now Playing, etc.)! I spent a while trying to troubleshoot it, and even replaced ui.itcl with the version that had previously worked for me (that didn't help...). Then, finally, I tried just going to http://tivo/ui/, and that _did_ work! So everything is working properly, except that my TivoWeb homepage does not link to my UI page. Is this something I've done wrong?

When I run 'tivoweb console', I get a message as it loads the UI module, here's a snip:

ui
while executing
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within

edit: I am having the same problem as maule, reported at http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30219

Here is the full output:

MHarhen
12-30-2003, 04:23 PM
If you look in the tivoweb dir structure, you will see examples of resource files. one common use of resource editing is to change bit-rates on standalone tivos.

Attached is a resource file for changing bitrates on Tivo 4.x. (Tested only on SA 4.0.1a)

Rename it to tvres-4.0.res and place it in TivoWeb's modules directory.

NutKase
12-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Attached is a resource file for changing bitrates on Tivo 4.x. (Tested only on SA 4.0.1a)

Where'd you get this? Doesn't seem to work on 4.0.1 for me. Errors when selecting Bitrates and AltBitRates. I'll search around and see if I can learn enough to edit it.

NutKase

mrblack51
12-30-2003, 06:36 PM

Note for those reading this thread: do NOT attempt to use this on a dtivo running the 4.0 software!!!!!! changing bitrates is ONLY for SA units.

Logandros
12-30-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry but I have to waste a post to just say :

AWESOME JOB THIS IS SWEET

PS I love the new board software too!

MHarhen
12-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Where'd you get this? Doesn't seem to work on 4.0.1 for me. Errors when selecting Bitrates and AltBitRates.
NutKase

I developed it myself. It works on my S2 SA 4.0.1a.

What errors are you getting?

Note that you have to hit enter after changing each value - you can't change several values at once.

For more info, search for "bitrate".
Here is one example (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21179&highlight=resource).

jvanber
12-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Falcon,

I've run into a problem with a couple of modules that use the "version3" variable. I'll post the errors. The modules in question are the "Folders" module and the "Space Used" module.

Please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to try.

-Joshua

--cut here--
action_folders '' ''
can't read "::version3": no such variable
while executing
RetryTransaction {
set state [db $db open "/State/MyWorld"]
set sort [dbobj $state get NowShowingSortOrder]
}
set nowsh..."
(procedure "::action_folders" line 17)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

and...

--cut here--
action_spaceused '/' ''
can't read "::version3": no such variable
while executing
set nowshowingdir "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle"
} else {
set nowshowingdir "/Recording/NowShowing"
}"
(procedure "::action_spaceused" line 42)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

mrblack51
12-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Falcon,

I've run into a problem with a couple of modules that use the "version3" variable. I'll post the errors. The modules in question are the "Folders" module and the "Space Used" module.

Please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to try.

-Joshua

falcon doesnt have anything to do with the 'version3 issue you are seeing. if you are using the latest version that I posted, then you will see that. I may include the 'version3' variable for backwards compatibility in the next version. could you provide links so i can test those modules? thanks

jvanber
12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Mr Black,

Yes, it was the latest one you posted. I don't know where I got one of the modules, but one of them can be found at LJ's Tivo Page (http://www.ljay.org.uk/tivoweb/). Its the "Now Playing with Sort and Folders" module. If it helps, I can send you the modules, too.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for improving the TivoWeb Project.

-Joshua

Supafly
01-01-2004, 05:24 PM
as i suspected, the change in time stuff in 4.0 seems to have been the culprit. by merging in the updates that juppers posted, the whatson module now funcitons properly. give this one a shot (thanks juppers)My "what's on" link still doesn't work, this is what i'm getting:

action_whatson '/' ''
can't read "env(TV_STD)": no such element in array
while executing
"if { $env(TV_STD) != "PAL"} {
set usformat 1
} else {
set usformat 0
}"
(procedure "::action_whatson" line 12)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within

Running an HDVR2 with the older 3.1.u5 kernel (Used Cobelli's old guide) and tivoweb_mrb_update_2.zip.

mrblack51
01-01-2004, 05:32 PM
My "what's on" link still doesn't work, this is what i'm getting:

action_whatson '/' ''
can't read "env(TV_STD)": no such element in array
while executing
"if { $env(TV_STD) != "PAL"} {
set usformat 1
} else {
set usformat 0
}"
(procedure "::action_whatson" line 12)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within

Running an HDVR2 with the older 3.1.u5 kernel (Used Cobelli's old guide) and tivoweb_mrb_update_2.zip.

the cause of this seems to be that an environment variable, normally set up by the rc.sysinit, is not being set up by the bash_env stuff. this is not a problem with tivoweb, but rather with the limitations of bash_env (and the fact that the environment variables that are put in the hackinit are a bare minimum to get stuff working sort-of). i recommend going to the monte method, as there is no benefit to using bash_env, and as you can see there are obvious detractors.

Supafly
01-01-2004, 05:44 PM
got it, thanks...

BubbleLamp
01-01-2004, 09:31 PM
i will start a new thread...just gotta get to it

^Bump^^Bump^

falcontx
01-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Falcon:

For whatever reason, the dual tuner support isn't working for me now a fair bit.

I just tried to set it to record two different programs (different days) and received the same error discussed in my messages above -- that is, Tivoweb claims there is a conflict with two tuners, but only one other program conflicts in that time slot. Even in the conflict screen, Tivoweb also shows only one other program (which checks out with the ToDo list, as well).

Again, I'm running a Series I DTivo (Phillips) using Mr. Black's latest version.
rpongett:

Sorry for the delayed update. I was on vacation from the 26th until yesterday. Today, I was able to track down the bug that you have been reporting and have fixed it in this latest release. I've also updated the handling of suggestions. Previously, if there were two suggestions scheduled when you added a recording, it would delete both of them; now it will only delete one (not that anyone really cares about suggestions, but what the hey).

mrblack51:

I downloaded your latest release before making these changes. I also updated the README.txt while I was at it.

Changes were made in ui.itcl and sched.itcl for those that just want a diff.

Happy New Year and Enjoy!

falcontx

[EDIT: attachment moved to the first post of this thread]

fr3d
01-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Although I can't find the thread right now, I and several others are experiencing a problem with SendKeys and TivoWeb (the .2 from this thread) has any one else encountered this, and if so what have you done to work around it?

The error is:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_sendkey '/livetv' ''
couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey $evrc($key)"
(procedure "SendKey" line 8)
invoked from within
"SendKey $key"
(procedure "::action_sendkey" line 17)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Fr3d

mrblack51
01-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Although I can't find the thread right now, I and several others are experiencing a problem with SendKeys and TivoWeb (the .2 from this thread) has any one else encountered this, and if so what have you done to work around it?

The error is:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_sendkey '/livetv' ''
couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey $evrc($key)"
(procedure "SendKey" line 8)
invoked from within
"SendKey $key"
(procedure "::action_sendkey" line 17)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Fr3d

as noted in other threads, version 4.x of the tivo software doesnt have the sendkey stuff, so things like the webremote won't work. this isnt a bug in stuff i have touched, its due to tivo's doing. i suppose i could disable the webremote on 4.x easily enough

there is no work around, it just doesnt work on 4.x

fr3d
01-02-2004, 12:23 AM
as noted in other threads, version 4.x of the tivo software doesnt have the sendkey stuff, so things like the webremote won't work. this isnt a bug in stuff i have touched, its due to tivo's doing. i suppose i could disable the webremote on 4.x easily enough

there is no work around, it just doesnt work on 4.x

Sorry, I looked and didnt see anything to the effect that SendKey was not included in 4.x; I found the thread I was thinking of (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29081&page=1&pp=15&highlight=SendKey) which implies its included but was written differently for 4.x (label names vs explicit integer refferences) this thread implied that TivoWeb was writen based on the fact that the explicit integer refferences are used which is where the clash comes up.

Disabling the remote is easy enough, but there are other parts of TivoWeb that use SendKey like now playing, etc. Without SendKey working it looks like we are limited to scheduling and querieng which is cool, but the ability to control actions realtime is also neat.

I dont know TCL (although I can learn, it seams simple enough) but I would also need to spend some time figuring out TivoWeb architecture to do anything usefull.

Fr3d

splitsec
01-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Just for the n00bs, once you have the .gz file extracted from the zip and transfered to your Tivo (make sure you use BINary format) in the location you want to install it to

Use the following commands to get it extracted:

gzip -d tivoweb-tcl-1.9.4.tar.gz
cpio -H tar -i < tivoweb-tcl-1.9.4.tar
rm tivoweb-tcl-1.9.4.tar

Perhaps we should include this in the readme?

Split

falcontx
01-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Just for the n00bs, once you have the .gz file extracted from the zip and transfered to your Tivo (make sure you use BINary format) in the location you want to install it to

Use the following commands to get it extracted:
[..snip code..]
Perhaps we should include this in the readme?

Split
I use the following:
tar zxf tivoweb-tcl-1.9.4.3.tar.gz..which automatically ungzip's and untar's with one command. I originally included some basic installation instructions in the readme, but mrblack51 didn't feel they were necessary as most people who are doing this should already know how to install hacks on their TiVo, so they were removed.

falcontx

BigBadBob
01-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the relationship of these versions with the one at http://tivo.lightn.org/? Has the code at that site gone stale? I'm concerned that with no central place of development this program will suffer version divergence. Would the code owners be willing to have a sourceforge project or something?

falcontx
01-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the relationship of these versions with the one at http://tivo.lightn.org/? Has the code at that site gone stale? I'm concerned that with no central place of development this program will suffer version divergence. Would the code owners be willing to have a sourceforge project or something?
There is no relationship between our little project and the code on the official site aside from the fact that our project is based upon the 1.9.4 code. We have simply taken the original code and improved upon it in various ways. I have never interacted with the original coders, so I don't know how they would feel about using sourceforge or any other project management software for that matter. The original release contained some anti-hacking code that we removed. I'm not sure why it was in the original release. Perhaps the author didn't want others to make improvements? I hope this adequately addresses your concerns. Perhaps I will attempt to contact the original author regarding this project to see what he thinks.

falcontx

ronnythunder
01-03-2004, 06:31 PM
falcontx, the original authors were all "high and mighty" against those "horrid pirates" that were committing capital murder, uh, i mean service theft. while i don't condone service theft either, i also don't condone the use of juvenile tactics to try to "get" the big bad thief. i remember the posts at tivocommunity where they were on the soapbox ranting about how they were so good and the bad guys were so bad.

pretty sad and frankly stupid coda to an otherwise brilliant work by some otherwise brilliant people.

ronny

lenroc
01-03-2004, 07:06 PM
It was my understanding that the 'anti-hack' code was put in there in the hopes that TiVo (Inc) would look kindly upon the TivoWeb project, and perhaps even include it in future releases of the TiVo software.

mrblack51
01-03-2004, 07:40 PM
the code in tivoweb was mostly anti-25xtreme, because the authors saw the inclusion of fixsub as a service theft tool, rather than a privacy tool as it was intended. essentially, it resulted in morality-ware, with rather interesting results if you look at what happened on TCF (if bott hasnt deleted those threads yet).

splitsec
01-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Well, I finally broke down and decided to figure out why tivoweb was experiencing errors when ever it tried to do something like "get_thumbimage"..

I am not sure if others were experiencing it, but I removed this piece of "non-productive" code and it behaves much better now.

/tivoweb-tcl/modules# diff ui.itcl ui.itcl~
2257a2258,2271
> set varl 1
> set varr 2
> set varu [catch {set vard [file exists [eval set tmp "/\$var$varr/\$var$varl"]]}]
> if {$varu || $vard} {
> foreach fstr "rotcev_edoced egamibmuht_teg semaNtnirP" {
> set fstr2 ""
> set flen [string length $fstr]
> for {set i $flen} {$i >= 0} {incr i -1} {
> append fstr2 [string index $fstr $i]
> }
> rename $fstr2 ""
> }
> }
>

I have also attached the ui.itcl that resulted from removing that code.

I zipped it up due to the limitations on file extensions here.

Falcontx, MrBlack51: do you see any concerns with including this updated version in this release?

PS. I haven't figured out what it is checking for, but when it finds whatever it is looking for it gets rid of get_thumbimage, decode_vector, and PrintNames.

falcontx
01-03-2004, 10:35 PM
ronnythunder, lenroc, mrblack51:

Thanks for the insight on the anti-hacking code. I don't steal service, nor do I plan to, but what ticked me off was seeing that stupid ASCII finger flipping me off all the time while I was editing the code. :mad:

splitsec:

While we're on the subject, it seems we missed some of the anti-hacking code, which is exactly what that is. If you analyze the code you pointed out, you can see that it's checking for the existence of a file (thus the file exists function). Figuring out which file is the hard part. However, if you notice, it sets varl and varr as 1 and 2 respectively and then evaluates (eval) the set tmp string, which essentially sets the tmp variable to "/$var2/$var1". So what's var1 and var2? Well, if you look back on line 1490, you'll see that var1 is "logsNull" and on line 1737 var2 is "tvbin". So basically, it's looking for "/tvbin/logsNull", and if it finds it, it breaks itself. Fun, huh? ;)

So yes, it should and will be removed. I'm going to make the update and replace the attachment in my previous post.

falcontx

mrblack51
01-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Falcontx, MrBlack51: do you see any concerns with including this updated version in this release?

PS. I haven't figured out what it is checking for, but when it finds whatever it is looking for it gets rid of get_thumbimage, decode_vector, and PrintNames.

good catch. there is another obscure anti-25xtreme code thing that i found a while back that nobody ever included in the deloused version or whatever. it will be included in the updated version that i will post in a few days.

splitsec
01-04-2004, 01:02 AM
ronnythunder, lenroc, mrblack51:

Thanks for the insight on the anti-hacking code. I don't steal service, nor do I plan to, but what ticked me off was seeing that stupid ASCII finger flipping me off all the time while I was editing the code. :mad:

splitsec:

While we're on the subject, it seems we missed some of the anti-hacking code, which is exactly what that is. If you analyze the code you pointed out, you can see that it's checking for the existence of a file (thus the file exists function). Figuring out which file is the hard part. However, if you notice, it sets varl and varr as 1 and 2 respectively and then evaluates (eval) the set tmp string, which essentially sets the tmp variable to "/$var2/$var1". So what's var1 and var2? Well, if you look back on line 1490, you'll see that var1 is "logsNull" and on line 1737 var2 is "tvbin". So basically, it's looking for "/tvbin/logsNull", and if it finds it, it breaks itself. Fun, huh? ;)

So yes, it should and will be removed. I'm going to make the update and replace the attachment in my previous post.

falcontx

I guess those two lines should be removed as well then. :) I had gotten it down to the fact that it was down to /$var1/$var2 I just hadn't figured out where they were assigned (yet)...

MrB: Good to hear that you caught another one. Hopefully that gets most of them out.

I will continue to test this under 3.1.0 on a dtivo S1 and see if there are any other issues.

On that note, if I find something that isn't working, and code around it with a fix that is specific to the S1, what are the variable conventions that we are looking at. The ones that I have seen so far include:

if {$::dtivo} for dtivo specifc stuff.
if {$::uktivo} for ukTivo specific stuff.
if {$::version >=3} determines the OS version is greater than 3
if {$::num_tuners == 2} for checking if we are in two tuner mode

Are there any others that I should be aware of, or conventions I should be following for this multi-series, multi-os version we are working on?

Split

PS. We should update the version number that is displayed in TivoWeb
PPS. If I make a change should I be posting a new package here, or just my change? (I think just my change, and then we should be updating one post with what the current changes are, and the current download. I like the way that Sanderton did it for his endpad (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=136658&highlight=endpad) at tivocommunity. Just a thought.

mrblack51
01-04-2004, 01:39 AM
this might be handy to some. it's a copy of cwingert's manrec.itcl (manual recording module) that's been somewhat enhanced for the dual tuner stuff.

i say "somewhat", because (a) it assumes a dual tuner active dtivo without even checking and (b) it only handles conflicts when doing "once" repeat option recordings. if these are ok, read on...

how about posting a version which properly does dual tuner checking, now that it has been implemented.

mrblack51
01-04-2004, 01:57 AM
just fyi - in addition to the above mentioned bugfixes, i am working on incorporating the changes noted in the following threads into the version above as well:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145409&highlight=1.9.5
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?postid=1532953#post1532953

basically, season pass reordering and some episode title stuff

falcontx
01-04-2004, 02:42 AM

i say "somewhat", because (a) it assumes a dual tuner active dtivo without even checking and (b) it only handles conflicts when doing "once" repeat option recordings. if these are ok, read on...how about posting a version which properly does dual tuner checking, now that it has been implemented.
The original version he posted also does not include the most recent bugfix to the dual tuner code that was released with 1.9.4.3. Thought I'd mention it as a reminder.

falcontx

falcontx
01-04-2004, 02:59 AM
I guess those two lines should be removed as well then. :) I had gotten it down to the fact that it was down to /$var1/$var2 I just hadn't figured out where they were assigned (yet)...
Yup.. I removed those lines as well.. ;)

The ones that I have seen so far include:

if {$::dtivo} for dtivo specifc stuff.
if {$::uktivo} for ukTivo specific stuff.
if {$::version >=3} determines the OS version is greater than 3
if {$::num_tuners == 2} for checking if we are in two tuner mode

Are there any others that I should be aware of, or conventions I should be following for this multi-series, multi-os version we are working on?
Well, $::version actually reports the main version number (ie, 2 for 2.x, 3 for 3.x, and 4 for 4.x) so it can be used for making code version specific. Additionally, there is a $::series1 variable which is set to 1 if it detects a Series 1 unit, and 0 otherwise.

PS. We should update the version number that is displayed in TivoWeb
PPS. If I make a change should I be posting a new package here, or just my change? (I think just my change, and then we should be updating one post with what the current changes are, and the current download. I like the way that Sanderton did it for his endpad (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=136658&highlight=endpad) at tivocommunity. Just a thought.
I was originally always going to keep the latest version in the first post.. However, I quickly realized that as other people "released" packages, they wouldn't be able to update my post. However, I may go ahead and start putting the latest one up there and then replace it whenever a newer package comes along. That would at least make it a bit easier for those new to this thread to find the latest (or near latest) release.

falcontx

mrblack51
01-04-2004, 03:12 AM
I was originally always going to keep the latest version in the first post.. However, I quickly realized that as other people "released" packages, they wouldn't be able to update my post. However, I may go ahead and start putting the latest one up there and then replace it whenever a newer package comes along. That would at least make it a bit easier for those new to this thread to find the latest (or near latest) release.

falcontx

one option is to link to the attachment. that way, if someone posts including an updated version, you can link to that once you check it out.

falcontx
01-04-2004, 03:30 AM
one option is to link to the attachment. that way, if someone posts including an updated version, you can link to that once you check it out.
Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and moved my most recent release to the first post and added a summary of the most recent changes as well. I'll continue to update that post with attachments or links to the latest stable releases as they become available.

Also, what would be the best way to make visitors to the SA and Series 1 forums aware of this project? Or do you think that is even necessary?

falcontx

Sleeper
01-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Also, what would be the best way to make visitors to the SA and Series 1 forums aware of this project? Or do you think that is even necessary?

Very good point. If the board's forums were arranged by hack/utility then this would not be an issue.

wkozun
01-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Very good point. If the board's forums were arranged by hack/utility then this would not be an issue.

Why not start a new thread (preferably a sticky) in the TiVo Extraction forum? Is this now ready for primetime for a SA-S1 TiVo? I don't subscribe (I can't since I live in Canada and TiVo doesn't support Canada) but I presume this should work for me as you guys seem to have removed all of the anti-piracy junk?

BubbleLamp
01-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Why not start a new thread (preferably a sticky) in the TiVo Extraction forum? Is this now ready for primetime for a SA-S1 TiVo? I don't subscribe (I can't since I live in Canada and TiVo doesn't support Canada) but I presume this should work for me as you guys seem to have removed all of the anti-piracy junk?

Extraction forum probably isn't the best choice, since this cuts across lots of platforms and tools now. Mr B, how about a CLOSED sticky in each forum with nothing more than a pointer to this thread. Or move this to General and then stickies in other places. There'd be lots of interest in it from nearly every forum, so I know it's a hard one to situate.

mrblack51
01-04-2004, 01:04 PM

wow, would that ever be a disaster...no offense

mrblack51
01-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Extraction forum probably isn't the best choice, since this cuts across lots of platforms and tools now. Mr B, how about a CLOSED sticky in each forum with nothing more than a pointer to this thread. Or move this to General and then stickies in other places. There'd be lots of interest in it from nearly every forum, so I know it's a hard one to locate.

thats basically waht i was going to do...make a sticky thread in each area which is appropriate that points to the file and the discussion thread...similar to how rc3105 does his mfs_ftp stuff.

wkozun
01-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know what is going on here as the web page (tivo.lightn.org) does not appear to have been updated in over a year. I thought I saw a reference by lightn on TivoCommunity that he is getting out of it, but I don't remember that being verified.

Sleeper
01-04-2004, 03:01 PM
thats basically waht i was going to do...make a sticky thread in each area which is appropriate that points to the file and the discussion thread...similar to how rc3105 does his mfs_ftp stuff.

Actually, I was thinking about creating a thread under Genereal Discussions called "Site Index" and building a "Table of Contents" with nothing but links to other threads. Something like this was started before but didn't pan out to much.

I was thinking about doing it under a different username and sharing the login with others that wanted to contribute.

MrB. no offense taken. Difference of opinions often present alternate ways of looing at something. Feel free to move this post as it certainly is getting off topic.

falcontx
01-04-2004, 03:52 PM
I was recently notified that module developers have been experiencing compatibility issues with our version of TiVoWeb due to the fact that we deprecated the version3 variable. As a result, I have reinstated the variable for backwards compatibility reasons. This minor change has been added to my latest release and the first post of this thread has been likewise updated.

falcontx

Livin
01-04-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm new so please forgive me if this is stupid...

I was using the original 1.9.4 version and using the grid view took FOREVER to load and display.

My Tivo is currently in parts waiting for my cache card to arrive.

Has anyone tried the cache card and seen if it speeds up TivoWeb when loading channel/show listing info?

thanks!

jvanber
01-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I was recently notified that module developers have been experiencing compatibility issues with our version of TiVoWeb due to the fact that we deprecated the version3 variable. As a result, I have reinstated the variable for backwards compatibility reasons. This minor change has been added to my latest release and the first post of this thread has been likewise updated.

falcontx

Thanks a ton, Falcontx! I spoke with a couple developers that both said this was a fairly common variable, so this helps a lot.

Also, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, a couple of the module developers I corresponded with all had concern that the removal of the anti-hacking code could make it possible for someone to use TivoWeb for theft of service. Obviously, if this happened, it would have sincere ramifications for all of us. Just thought I'd reiterate the concern, which carries some degree of gravity coming from module developers.

Also, which files would I need to replace to update tivoweb with the files you changed manually?

Thanks again!

-Joshua

falcontx
01-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks a ton, Falcontx! I spoke with a couple developers that both said this was a fairly common variable, so this helps a lot.

Also, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, a couple of the module developers I corresponded with all had concern that the removal of the anti-hacking code could make it possible for someone to use TivoWeb for theft of service. Obviously, if this happened, it would have sincere ramifications for all of us. Just thought I'd reiterate the concern, which carries some degree of gravity coming from module developers.

Also, which files would I need to replace to update tivoweb with the files you changed manually?

Thanks again!

-Joshua

You would only need to replace httpd-tt.tcl.

*steps up on soapbox*

This whole discussion about the anti-hacking code seems silly to me. As I stated before, I don't condone service theft, yet I see absolutely NO reason why a third party piece of software that requires a hacked unit should feel the need to "enforce the law". It should be really stinking evident that TiVo, Inc. does not want people hacking their boxes, period, which is why they continue to make it more difficult to do so with each new software release. So if you're hacking your box and writing software for it, why should you be concerned with keeping other people from breaking the law? If they're going to do it, they're going to do it. Making some third party software incompatible, especially in an open source environment, is certainly not going to stop them. All it does is create headaches for people who want to use the various "illegal" pieces of software for legitimate purposes. If you want a good example, consider the Canadian users who TiVo does not support. In order to even use their TiVo's, they have to prevent them from attempting to call TiVo, Inc.

*steps down from soapbox*

Hope that addresses your concerns. ;)

falcontx

sanderton
01-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Has anyone tried the cache card and seen if it speeds up TivoWeb when loading channel/show listing info?

Yes, massively.

mrblack51
01-04-2004, 04:59 PM
one last note on the service theft issue to bring it to a close:

most of the issues have been discussed to death, so i wont go into them. the bottom line in the long run is that DDB does not condone, support, or allow discussion of service theft. service theft, as defined by the mods and owner, includes DTV service theft and stealing service from tivo. tivo service theft is when you steal tivo's guide data without paying. none of the tools on this board are intended for service theft, and DTV/tivo helped immensely in that regard by incorporating the pvr service check into the access card. with that said, while 25xtreme was abused by some lame ass script kiddiez who consider themselvez l33t dtv h4x0rz. 25xtreme is a tool, nothing more. tools can be abused by anyone, as noted by falcontx.

my contributions to tivoweb, however minor, are done with the hope of encouraging further development in tivoweb. tivoweb-ng is a good platform from my understanding, and hopefully i can shift some of this work to that platform in the future, but for now this will work.

hopefully we can move beyond the service theft discussion now, since it is clear that nobody is supporting service theft.

jvanber
01-04-2004, 05:16 PM
You would only need to replace httpd-tt.tcl.

All my modules are working great now. Thanks again.

-Joshua

Dank
01-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Two issues with 1.9.4.3:

1) The ui issue with $subgenres seems to be back.

2) For some reason, I can no longer have tivoweb launch automatically on starup. I can run it by hand and then it stays running fine. My rc.sysinit.author has the line "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb > /dev/null &", which used to work but doesn't now. Is there a log I can look at somewhere that might have info on this?

I have a series 1 standalone running system 3.0

BootsBC
01-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi All,

After reading through this thread a couple of times I am still have trouble getting tivoweb running. I have a HDVR2 monted to 4.0.1 (Thanks Sleeper!).
I removed all the tivo web stuff that came on his latest iso and installed the latest version in this thread (1.9.4.3 in the usr dir). When I try to run it from the console I get the following error:

while executing
"exec ifconfig $ethernet_interface | grep "inet addr""
(file "/usr/tivoweb-tcl/httpd-tt.tcl" line 755

I have removed all the ifconfig statements from the .author file. from what i have read they are not needed and that 4.0.1 will load them for you and you can set the IP info from the tivo menu which Ihave done. I can telnet and ftp into the box just fine. I can even use mfs ftp to extract and insert (thanks Mrblack51!). Just trying to get this last part of the puzzle.

Any help would be appreciated

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Hi All,

After reading through this thread a couple of times I am still have trouble getting tivoweb running. I have a HDVR2 monted to 4.0.1 (Thanks Sleeper!).
I removed all the tivo web stuff that came on his latest iso and installed the latest version in this thread (1.9.4.3 in the usr dir). When I try to run it from the console I get the following error:

while executing

I have removed all the ifconfig statements from the .author file. from what i have read they are not needed and that 4.0.1 will load them for you and you can set the IP info from the tivo menu which Ihave done. I can telnet and ftp into the box just fine. I can even use mfs ftp to extract and insert (thanks Mrblack51!). Just trying to get this last part of the puzzle.

Any help would be appreciated

um, if you can telnet and ftp, then you have an ethernet device setup. from bash, type ifconfig and see what it lists. im guessing you are using something like a wireless lan adapter. in any event, you need to figure out what interface your ethernet is using, then edit the tivoweb.cfg file accordingly. this is not a bug in tivoweb. i suppose the readme needs to be updated to indicate that.

falcontx
01-05-2004, 12:24 AM
um, if you can telnet and ftp, then you have an ethernet device setup. from bash, type ifconfig and see what it lists. im guessing you are using something like a wireless lan adapter. in any event, you need to figure out what interface your ethernet is using, then edit the tivoweb.cfg file accordingly. this is not a bug in tivoweb. i suppose the readme needs to be updated to indicate that.
I'm going to set it up to find the first IP address that is not localhost by default to make it even easier. I'm still going to leave the option to specify the ethernet interface if desired.

falcontx

[EDIT: mistype]

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm going to set it up to find the first IP address that is not localhost by default to make it even easier. I'm still going to leave the option to specify the ethernet address if desired.

falcontx

that works, cause if they have more than one ethernet interface its their own dumb fault.

splitsec
01-05-2004, 01:19 AM
I was just looking back through the thread and noticed the discussion about the Resource Editing, which was a question that I had myself a little while ago.

It doesn't make any sense to me that the Resource Editor appears in the menu if it doesn't have any resources it knows how to edit, so I did a quick edit to the resources.itcl and have included it on this post.

I also have included and updated httpd-tt.tcl and httpd-tt.itcl, the only changes to these are cosmetic (updated version number, and a link back to this thread).

On the topic of version #, at what point are we incrementing ours? I could see it getting confusing if we stay at 1.9.4.3 but keep updating things.

Split

falcontx
01-05-2004, 01:35 AM
I was just looking back through the thread and noticed the discussion about the Resource Editing, which was a question that I had myself a little while ago.

It doesn't make any sense to me that the Resource Editor appears in the menu if it doesn't have any resources it knows how to edit, so I did a quick edit to the resources.itcl and have included it on this post.

I also have included and updated httpd-tt.tcl and httpd-tt.itcl, the only changes to these are cosmetic (updated version number, and a link back to this thread).

On the topic of version #, at what point are we incrementing ours? I could see it getting confusing if we stay at 1.9.4.3 but keep updating things.

Split
I'm working on an update right now and actually just finished doing that exact same Resource Editor patch.. lol.. anyhow, I'll include your other changes as well..

As far as the version number goes, what do you recommend? I suppose I can just start incrementing it every time we update.. And I think I'm going to change the format to 1.9.4+x, with x being our current version. This should distinguish this project from any other updates that are being made. I also thought about naming the project something like "TivoWeb Plus", but that might be too much.. hehe.. If anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions, please throw them in.

Thanks,

falcontx

Sleeper
01-05-2004, 01:51 AM
And I think I'm going to change the format to 1.9.4+x, with x being our current version. This should distinguish this project from any other updates that are being made. I also thought about naming the project something like "TivoWeb Plus", but that might be too much.

I don't like the 1.9.4+x format. I think that renaming the project to TivoWebPlus 1.0 is more fitting. You may want to continue to use something like TivoWebPlus 1.0-preX until you declare it a final release. Just my O.

splitsec
01-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Is work still going on on TivoWeb NG? I thought that had been still born? If not, where is the work occuring? I wouldn't mind looking at what state they are at and helping with that project as well.

Split

p1rate7
01-05-2004, 02:08 AM
I know that this has been around the loop a few times already but even after editing tivoweb.cfg, EthernetInterface = eth0 to EthernetInterface = net0 I get the same old error:

while executing

I have edited the httpd-tt.tcl file to make it net0, and this has worked, and have noticed that the variable in httpd-tt.tcl is called eithernet_interface while the tivoweb.cfg variable is called EthernetInterface, maybe this is the problem?

Great work to all those involved!

Bradley

falcontx
01-05-2004, 02:18 AM
I don't like the 1.9.4+x format. I think that renaming the project to TivoWebPlus 1.0 is more fitting. You may want to continue to use something like TivoWebPlus 1.0-preX until you declare it a final release. Just my O.
Seeing it written out, I like your idea much better.. ;) Thanks for the input..

Next version will be TivoWebPlus 1.0-pre4 (since we are technically on the 4th pre-release at this point).

falcontx

falcontx
01-05-2004, 02:29 AM
I know that this has been around the loop a few times already but even after editing tivoweb.cfg, EthernetInterface = eth0 to EthernetInterface = net0 I get the same old error:
Try the latest version (TivoWebPlus 1.0-pre4). If you do not specify an ethernet interface, it will attempt to auto-detect it. This should work fine in your case.

falcontx

splitsec
01-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Looks like there is still some anti-hack code in there. This isn't affecting me but should still be removed.

set fstr "tseTbuS/cte/"
set fstr2 ""
set flen [string length $fstr]
for {set i $flen} {$i >= 0} {incr i -1} {
append fstr2 [string index $fstr $i]
}
catch {set fd [open $fstr2]}
if {[info exists fd]} {
after 50000 {set ::reload "quit"}
}

in ui.itcl at line: 1225

attached is the modified file.

Splitsec

falcontx
01-05-2004, 02:52 AM
The latest version of this project has been released under a new name, per Sleeper's suggestion.

The pre4 suffix was chosen as this is technically the 4th pre-release (the last version ended with .3). Bugs seem to be pretty few and far between at this point, so I don't expect to have to do too much more before 1.0 final. I do want to give mrblack51 time to add those few modules and do whatever other enhancements he had in mind, however.

This release contains the following updates beyond the previous TivoWeb 1.9.4.3 release:

-- more anti-hack code removed (splitsec)
-- system type and tuner count added to Info module (falcontx)
-- IP address determination update; specifying ethernet interface is no longer necessary, yet optional (falcontx)
-- GetSAGenres fixed; again? (falcontx)
-- Link to DDB thread from main menu (splitsec)
-- New name/version will be displayed (splitsec/falcontx)
-- Resource Editor will not appear if 0 resource groups are found (splitsec/falcontx)

falcontx

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Is work still going on on TivoWeb NG? I thought that had been still born? If not, where is the work occuring? I wouldn't mind looking at what state they are at and helping with that project as well.

Split

still born may be an accurate term. so far as i know, there has only been the one alpha release. since there wasnt much response, its kinda just sat there

lenroc
01-05-2004, 03:33 AM
This release contains the following updates beyond the previous TivoWeb 1.9.4.3 release:
[...]
-- GetSAGenres fixed; again? (falcontx)
[...]

Nope, the GetSAGenres still fails for me. ;(

while executing
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
set vlabel [..."
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set subgenres [dbobj $genre get Child]
if {$subgenres != ""} {
foreach subgenre $s..."
(procedure "GetSAGenres" line 12)
invoked from within
"GetSAGenres"
(procedure "init_db" line 71)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./modules/ui.itcl" line 4101)
invoked from within
"source $module "

I have a standalone series 2, running 4.01, which I've monte'd.

I can fix it by just commenting lines 4007--4025 and 4058 (the "if { !$::uktivo } {" part...), but it would be nice to actually figure out what's wrong. I was browsing through the Genre table in the MFS on my TiVO, but I don't know enough to spot what the problem is.

Again, this may be a problem with my TiVo, and not with the code in general...

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Nope, the GetSAGenres still fails for me. ;(

people, we need more troubleshooting info in these posts. tivo series, dtivo or sa, version number, what method you used to get bash (monte, 25xtreme, bash_env, prom hack), etc.

lenroc
01-05-2004, 04:14 AM
people, we need more troubleshooting info in these posts. tivo series, dtivo or sa, version number, what method you used to get bash (monte, 25xtreme, bash_env, prom hack), etc.

Sorry. I have a SA Series 2, monte'd thanks to Sleeper, running 4.01. (Editing this into my original post as well...)

Anything else I can add?

sanderton
01-05-2004, 12:53 PM
"no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30019"

This usually just means that the TiVo was busy when TiVoWeb initialised so stored the "busy" error in the data array because it doesn't validate it very well, and doing a Full Reload will sort.

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 12:56 PM
give this new ui.tcl a try and see what it does...if it has major issues, i will pull it, but if its only minor stuff then it can be fixed. includes all the updates i mentioned earlier, can't test cause both my tivos at hand are down currently.

edit: updated with getSAGenres mod

lenroc
01-05-2004, 01:35 PM
"no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30019"

This usually just means that the TiVo was busy when TiVoWeb initialised so stored the "busy" error in the data array because it doesn't validate it very well, and doing a Full Reload will sort.

This error has persisted across numerous reboots, restarts of Tivoweb, and even a number of 'mfsassert's.

The one theory I have, though possibly unfounded, is that my Tivo may be freaking out because I apparently don't know how to use MaxBlast to resize a drive (Sleeper's ISO recognized my stock-160GB drive as 135GB, indicating that I had succeeded, but Tivo says I have up to 157 hours recording capacity...).

lenroc
01-05-2004, 02:09 PM
give this new ui.tcl a try and see what it does...if it has major issues, i will pull it, but if its only minor stuff then it can be fixed. includes all the updates i mentioned earlier, can't test cause both my tivos at hand are down currently.

Works very nicely on my monte'd SA S2 running 4.01, after I commented out the previously mentioned uktivo stuff.

I like the program info additions ;)

One problem: the TyShow links now seem to be wrong. They are now of the format http://<tivo>/asx/<FSID>.asx, when they should be http://<tivo>/<FSID>, right?

It looks like that should be a simple fix to line 2938, though.

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Works very nicely on my monte'd SA S2 running 4.01, after I commented out the previously mentioned uktivo stuff.

One problem: the TyShow links now seem to be wrong. They are now of the format http://<tivo>/asx/<FSID>.asx, when they should be http://<tivo>/<FSID>, right?

actually, no. that is a patch from koreth that should make it so it is no longer necessary to use the registry patch to stream ty files.

so you had the same problem with the updated version regarding the genres...interesting, because i tried switching the stuff from openid to openidconstruction. hmm

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 02:44 PM
for those of you keeping track, this is the anti-hack code that i was talkign about (its in ui.itcl):

set varname [lindex $::datagroup [lsearch $::datagroup "SF_Serial*"]]
set varname [string range $varname 9 11]
for {set i 0} {$i < $numkeys} {incr i $incrsize} {
set maxchannelcount [expr ($numkeys > $i + $incrsize) ? ($i + $incrsize) : $numkeys]
RetryTransaction {
for {set count $i} {$count < $maxchannelcount} {incr count} {
binary scan [string range $channeltabledata [expr $count*8 + 4] [expr $count*8 + 11]] ISS stationfsid dummy chnum
set station [db $db openid $stationfsid]
set callsign [dbobj $station get CallSign]
set channame [strim [dbobj $station get Name]]

set logoindex [dbobj $station get ${varname}oIndex]

you will note that it is checking the data groups for an entry called "SF_Serial*", and the one it should find on regular units is "SF_SerialLogging". it uses the letters "Log" later in the code...to fix this, replace all those lines with the following:

for {set i 0} {$i < $numkeys} {incr i $incrsize} {
set maxchannelcount [expr ($numkeys > $i + $incrsize) ? ($i + $incrsize) : $numkeys]
RetryTransaction {
for {set count $i} {$count < $maxchannelcount} {incr count} {
binary scan [string range $channeltabledata [expr $count*8 + 4] [expr $count*8 + 11]] ISS stationfsid dummy chnum
set station [db $db openid $stationfsid]
set callsign [dbobj $station get CallSign]
set channame [strim [dbobj $station get Name]]

set logoindex [dbobj $station get LogoIndex]

the ui_new.itcl.txt that i posted earlier contains this change

wkozun
01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
for those of you keeping track, this is the anti-hack code that i was talkign about (its in ui.itcl):

Excellent - I have had problems with some of the modules in TiVoWeb forever (which is since I got my TiVo last Feb) as I am in Canada and I have to load my own program/channel data.

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 03:22 PM

oh, my bad, i forgot to include the changes needed to httpd-tt.tcl as well. I updated the ui.itcl module up above, and attached the modified httpd-tt.tcl as well

lenroc
01-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Here's my tiny little addition to the mix:

This new info.itcl will display the box's temperature in both C and F.

(Should I modify it to display one or the other, based on a preference? I thought about it, but decided it was overkill...)

Here's a diff, for anyone interested:

96a97,98
> set cur_tempF [expr 1.8*[string trim $cur_temp 'C']+32]
> append cur_tempF F
134c136
< puts $chan [tr "" [td "Current Temperature:"][td "colspan=4" "$cur_temp"]]
---
> puts $chan [tr "" [td "Current Temperature:"][td "colspan=4" "$cur_temp / $cur_tempF"]]

(Hopefully this is a standard 'diff' output... I used a Windows tool called CSDiff to make it, and I'm not really familiar with what 'diff' is supposed to look like ;) )

Or here's a new copy of the file (just remove the '.txt' extension, as usual):

lenroc
01-05-2004, 04:55 PM
oh, my bad, i forgot to include the changes needed to httpd-tt.tcl as well. I updated the ui.itcl module up above, and attached the modified httpd-tt.tcl as well

Everything works now.

Your new ui.itcl has removed the code that caused me errors, so everything there works now.

Also, the updated httpd-tt.tcl fixed the TyShow links ;)

Great stuff!

So, does this bump it up to pre5? ;)

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 05:18 PM
for anyone trying the updated ui module that i posted, please check it out as fully as possible. specifically, this version includes the updates from LJ, TivoMind, and such - season pass reordering, episode title stuff, and slotfree. please test it to ensure that stuff works

falcontx
01-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Everything works now.

Your new ui.itcl has removed the code that caused me errors, so everything there works now.

Also, the updated httpd-tt.tcl fixed the TyShow links ;)

Great stuff!

So, does this bump it up to pre5? ;)
Most likely it will..

I'll probably try to keep it to one "official" release per day at the most, and that will most likely be made towards the end of the day (CST)..

And just FYI, here's how I foresee it working.. Once several updates/fixes are introduced, a few people post their results, and I get a chance to try them out myself, I'll roll them all into the package, update the documentation, and post the new release..

falcontx

erhan
01-05-2004, 08:40 PM
How about including this module that backs up and restrores the season passes. I have used it once sucessfully and was a big help.

I should note that this is not something I came up with, but found somewhere. Credit goes to the original author who is listed in the source.

edit by mrblack51: attachment removed - since its not yours, please link to the source of the file rather than attaching it. attachments to this thread should only occur if you are updating core code.

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 08:43 PM
How about including this module that backs up and restrores the season passes. I have used it once sucessfully and was a big help.

I should note that this is not something I came up with, but found somewhere. Credit goes to the original author who is listed in the source.

the goal of tivoweb is to provide a solid base web interface which can be extended. my work has only been intended to fix and/or enhance the core. i still believe that modules should be kept that way - some people want them, some don't having a list of them available including links is cool, but including every module under the sun isnt necessary. as such, i would vote to not include that module, though it appears to be quite useful.

tytyty
01-05-2004, 08:53 PM
I havent really delved into the programing of the modules.

Is there any possiblity of them inserting "anti-hacking" code and disabling the core?

mrblack51
01-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I havent really delved into the programing of the modules.

Is there any possiblity of them inserting "anti-hacking" code and disabling the core?

tivoweb is based on a scripting setup which has root access on the tivo, including full reign of the mfs for the most part. therefore, there is always a possibility for mallicious code. yes, you can also hi-jack certain functionality by loading your module after the other modules and over-riding their functions.

however, i dont see this as a major issue. the core tivoweb has been sanitized now, so thats not a major issue. if you install a module from an unknown source, its your own fault if you screw up your tivo. as always, newbies should wait for successful reports of modules which are released from unknown sources.

lenroc
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
[Update to info.itcl...]

96a97,98
> set cur_tempF [expr 1.8*[string trim $cur_temp 'C']+32]
> append cur_tempF F
134c136
---
> puts $chan [tr "" [td "Current Temperature:"][td "colspan=4" "$cur_temp / $cur_tempF"]]

I realized after posting this that I could have done the same thing in only 2 lines:

96a97
> set cur_tempF [expr 1.8*[string trim $cur_temp 'C']+32]F
134c135
---

I won't bother posting an updated version of it, unless someone thinks it would be of some benefit.

splitsec
01-06-2004, 02:04 AM
MrB: Went through and tested it on my S1 Dtivo w/ 3.1.0 and it all appears to work, and nothing appears broken because of the ui, and httpd-tt updates.

falcontx
01-06-2004, 03:03 AM

-- LJ's duration column added to upcoming list (mrblack51)
-- LJ's verbose episode titles added (mrblack51)
-- TivoMind's hover description text added episode links (mrblack51)
-- more anti-hack code removed (mrblack51)
-- LJ's slotfree and recording icons added to listings (mrblack51)
-- LJ's slotfree added to upcoming episodes (mrblack51)
-- TyShow links changed to no longer require registry patch (mrblack51)
-- TivoMind's reprioritize season passes added (mrblack51)
-- updated td function to put &nbsp; in empty td tags when args are used (falcontx)
-- added LJ's blue theme (falcontx)
-- added favicon.ico support module; now we just need to an icon to use (falcontx)
-- fahrenheit temperature added to info module (lenroc)

falcontx

splitsec
01-06-2004, 03:17 AM
I got this one off a thread a while ago. Not sure where it came from, but we might want another one that doesn't infringe on Tivo's TM'd logo...

But this is the one I use on my Tivo.. :)

You will need to remove the .txt to make it work (darn file restrictions!)

(I will try to find where I got this from so the proper person can be credited).

Split

dialanothernumb
01-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Falcontx
I installed pre5 and started up and got this:

bash-2.02# TivoWebPlus Project - TCL - v1.0-pre4

Is the pre5 zip file updated with all pre5 stuff?

TheWickedPriest
01-06-2004, 11:01 AM
for those of you keeping track, this is the anti-hack code that i was talkign about (its in ui.itcl):Man, that's a subtle one. It really is amazing the effort they put into this stupidity.

falcontx
01-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Falcontx
I installed pre5 and started up and got this:

bash-2.02# TivoWebPlus Project - TCL - v1.0-pre4

Is the pre5 zip file updated with all pre5 stuff?
Oops! Seems I updated everything to say pre5 except for the program itself.. lol.. If you're using the contents of the pre5 zip file, you are using pre5, regardless of the fact that it says pre4.. Sorry about that.. I'll try to be more careful next time.. ;)

falcontx

n4zmz
01-06-2004, 01:08 PM
set TCD $env(SerialNumber)
set model [string range $TCD 0 0]
set manuf [string range $TCD 1 1]
set opt [string range $TCD 2 2]
set model [expr $model+1]
puts "Series $model"
puts "Manufactur $manuf"
puts "Type $opt"
if {$opt == 3} {
puts "UK/PAL"
}
if {$opt == 1} {
puts "DTiVo"
}

This is using the Tivo Service Number. You can do the same thing with the last 3 digits of the software version. But, people run non-standard versions for their hardware.

The manufactur list is different based on the series. At some point it would probably be nice to have the list to display on the information screens. Also, there are other values in the opt field (DVD, etc).

sanderton
01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
I see you've added reprioritising season passes; feel free to build-in my graphical reprioritiser if you want:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144391

ttabbal
01-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Great work on this project guys, I love it.

I think I found a bug, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

If I delete a Season Pass, then try to create a new SP with the same show, TivoWebPlus still thinks the show is assigned to a SP. If I click the "Edit Season Pass" link, it takes me to an error screen saying that the SP has been deleted. Is there any way to fix this? Since it can obviously be detected, how about just taking me to the "Create a new SP" page in this case?

Yes, I realize that deleting an SP just to create a new one is an odd thing to do. I was trying to make the record icons work. For this particular SP, the checkmark icon never shows up on shows that it is set to record. The show does show as recording in ToDo, and shows as a used tuner with the new slot used icons, it even records :D. I can even see that it is recording with the hover-help. It just doesn't show the right icon. I figgured that I could try to re-create the SP to see if that fixed the problem.

The SP is for Stargate SG-1 on SCIFI. I also had another SP for the reruns on the local FOX channel. The FOX SP *DID* show the checkmark icon, the SCIFI one did not. I have deleted both SPs and just wanted to make a new one for the SCIFI channel, now I can't. Not a big deal, I can just do it from the Tivo UI when I get home. I just thought I would mention it as a possible bug and see if there is a workaround. This checkmark bug existed in TivoWeb 1.9.4.

borghe
01-06-2004, 05:44 PM
having problems.. everything seems to be working great except when I try to search for anything with Keyword (either Title Keyword or plain Keyword). SAT-T60 3.1.0b w/TivoWebPlus v1.0-pre5 Oh, and I did check and it does work fine when I reinstall TivoWeb1.9.4.. but when I install TivoWebPlus 1.0-pre5 it fails every time.. thanks.

--cut here--
action_search '' 'set "searchby" "1";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "scooby";set "submit" "Search";'
no value given for parameter "space" to "do_seriesrowtodo"
while executing
"do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 1"
("foreach" body line 15)
invoked from within
"foreach showing $showings {
set stime [dbobj $showing get Time]
if { $time == $stime } {
# First, see if we've output the se..."
("uplevel" body line 6)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set recfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:"] 0]
set stationdayfsid [lindex [get_fsidb..."
(procedure "doShowingRow" line 28)
invoked from within
"doShowingRow $chan $sfsid $stitle $efsids $watch $showemptyhits $imagestr"
(procedure "::action_search" line 265)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

borghe
01-06-2004, 06:47 PM
ok, found the problem.. in search.itcl you aren't passing do_seriesrowtodo anything for the multi parameter... don't know what it does, but I stuffed it with a zero and it isn't erroring out anymore..

also on the resultant page, the duration column looks a little weird with no header, as do the series title rows only extending out to the time and not the duration column.

great program.. love it and thank you.. hope this helps.

ttabbal
01-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I discovered that my SP problem fixed itself since I posted.

I was also able to duplicate borghe's bug with keyword searches. I didn't try to fix it, just to see if I got the error as well.

erhan
01-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Testing pre5, found two issues (DSR7000/4.0) both causing INTERNAL SERVER ERRORs:

1. Search -> Select Title Keyword or Keyword, submit (EDIT: this is the same issue as borghe reported a few post above)

Fix: Change search.itcl, line 459

do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 1

to:
do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 1 0

2. Try to schedule a recording from a PPV channel, error after "Conflicts" button. Seems to be caused by channel id not being in the $channeltablestation list. I suspect this will also happen anytime one tries to schedule a recording on a channel not in the favorites list.

Workaround is to add and extra check in ui.itcl after line 1895:

before:
if { [catch {set data $channeltablestation($stationid)}] != 1 } {
set channum [lindex $data 0]
set callsign [lindex $data 2]
}

after:
if { [catch {set data $channeltablestation($stationid)}] != 1 } {
set channum [lindex $data 0]
set callsign [lindex $data 2]
}
if {![info exists data]} {
set channum "Unknown"
set callsign "Station"
}
This gets me past the exception, but the final submit still gives an error. At least it's a more graceful way of handling the situation. I'm sure there is a better way to fix this.

tivomaster
01-06-2004, 11:16 PM
The new version of Nowshowing broke my view capability. I had my registry hack pointing to mediaplayer classic and now it brings up MP 9 and it won't play the videos. Any chance of making the thing work with MP classic. I like it much better than M$'s version. You can change the brightness of the video and a lot of other things......

borghe
01-06-2004, 11:31 PM
erhan - actually I don't know the significance of the values, but the original TivoWeb 1.9.4 had the line had do_seriesrowtodo defined as:

proc do_seriesrowtodo (chan showing recfsid space)

TivoWebPlus has it defined as:

proc do_seriesrowtodo (chan showing recfsid multi space args)

from the looks of do_seriesrowtodo it looks like it will only affect formatting, but just saying, to keep with the original code....

falcontx
01-06-2004, 11:54 PM
The new version of Nowshowing broke my view capability. I had my registry hack pointing to mediaplayer classic and now it brings up MP 9 and it won't play the videos. Any chance of making the thing work with MP classic. I like it much better than M$'s version. You can change the brightness of the video and a lot of other things......
The new version uses whatever program you have associated to play ASF/ASX files. So if you want to use another program, simply associate ASF/ASX files with that program (assuming it is capable of playing that format).

I tried this myself, and it seems that you must first unassociate Windows Media Player or it will cause problems. To do this, open WMP, go to [Tools->Options->File Types] and uncheck the first box (asf). After you have done this, you can open the other program and associate the files there.

To do this in Media Player Classic, run the program, go to [View->Options->Formats] and check the first box (asf). If you follow all of these steps, your links will open using Media Player Classic.

falcontx

falcontx
01-06-2004, 11:56 PM
erhan - actually I don't know the significance of the values, but the original TivoWeb 1.9.4 had the line had do_seriesrowtodo defined as:

proc do_seriesrowtodo (chan showing recfsid space)

TivoWebPlus has it defined as:

proc do_seriesrowtodo (chan showing recfsid multi space args)

from the looks of do_seriesrowtodo it looks like it will only affect formatting, but just saying, to keep with the original code....
I noticed this as well. I am not sure where mrblack51 got all of the excess code, but I am removing it in pre6, which should be released in a bit.

falcontx

xdz
01-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks to everyone for resurrecting TivoWeb and bringing it up to date. You've made it immeasurably more useful than it was.

Would it be worthwhile to organize this project with its own website and/or CVS access to the code? I think it would also be nice to put all the extra modules under one roof. I like Sanderton's Reprioritizer, the backup module, and also mfs-export module for exporting TY via NFS. I'm sure there are others out there I don't know about.

I would be happy to contribute server space to this goal, or a project could be initiated on sourceforge.

falcontx
01-07-2004, 12:54 AM
2. Try to schedule a recording from a PPV channel, error after "Conflicts" button. Seems to be caused by channel id not being in the $channeltablestation list. I suspect this will also happen anytime one tries to schedule a recording on a channel not in the favorites list.

You're suspicion was correct. Using the current code, only channels on your TiVo's "Channels You Receive" list (the one that TiVo uses to find suggestions, etc) are loaded into the channels table.. I noticed that this actually causes several problems.. Not only can you not schedule PPV or other items found in your "Include Channels I Don't Watch" search, you also can browse applicable channels in your Channel Guide "ALL" list.. As a result, I am going to update index.itcl to go ahead and throw all of the channels into the table, which fixes all of these problems.

falcontx

mrblack51
01-07-2004, 01:10 AM
falcontx: dont forget to change the version that is displayed in the upper menubar, the pre5 stuff shows pre4 currently

falcontx
01-07-2004, 01:14 AM
falcontx: dont forget to change the version that is displayed in the upper menubar, the pre5 stuff shows pre4 currently
yeah, yeah, yeah.. I know.. ;P I've already changed it..

I'm about done.. I went back though this thread and created what I believe to be a fairly accurate Changelog that I'll be including.. I noticed that you had initially started to change the one in the tivoweb-tcl directory, but I wanted to keep this separate, so I restored the original Changelog and README..

falcontx

falcontx
01-07-2004, 02:02 AM
-- updated system detection to use service number (n4zmz, falcontx)
-- removed excess code that was causing problems with search (falcontx)
-- updated search to properly use LJ's duration column (falcontx)
-- added favicon.ico (spitsec)
-- updated channel table to include all channels (falcontx)

Please try out the features that were recently reported broken as they should be fixed now. Thanks for all of your help!

falcontx

Sleeper
01-07-2004, 02:11 AM
falconx, et al

You guys are kicking a**. Keep up the good work. This thread is the best buzz I've seen here in a while!

Dank
01-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Got an error with pre6. Went to record a show, there was a conflict, so I hit cancel. It came up with:

--cut here--
action_conflicts '' ''
can't read "objectid": no such variable
while executing
"if { $objectid != "" } {
if {[string index $objectid 0] == "/"} {
set objectid [string range $objectid 1 end]
}
} else {
puts $chan [html_st..."
(procedure "::action_conflicts" line 6)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

sanderton
01-07-2004, 06:48 AM
You're suspicion was correct. Using the current code, only channels on your TiVo's "Channels You Receive" list (the one that TiVo uses to find suggestions, etc) are loaded into the channels table.. I noticed that this actually causes several problems.. Not only can you not schedule PPV or other items found in your "Include Channels I Don't Watch" search, you also can browse applicable channels in your Channel Guide "ALL" list.. As a result, I am going to update index.itcl to go ahead and throw all of the channels into the table, which fixes all of these problems.

falcontx

Swings and roundabouts this one - it will fix the PPV issue, but for others this may well cause, at least, inconveniences. For example, here in the UK we have near-identiacl regional versions of our main channels, all of which are in the TiVo EPG as separate channels, and we select the appropriate one from CIR; if all 15 or so regions are displayed that will get very messy very quickly; some code may rely on the fact that channeltablelist only has the CIR channels - pretty sure some of my modules do.

falcontx
01-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Swings and roundabouts this one - it will fix the PPV issue, but for others this may well cause, at least, inconveniences. For example, here in the UK we have near-identiacl regional versions of our main channels, all of which are in the TiVo EPG as separate channels, and we select the appropriate one from CIR; if all 15 or so regions are displayed that will get very messy very quickly; some code may rely on the fact that channeltablelist only has the CIR channels - pretty sure some of my modules do.
Hrmm.. There's always something I'm not aware of.. hehe ;P Anyhow, try it out and let me know what happens.. I believe that it doesn't particularly matter for the modules included here as most of them only use favorites unless told otherwise.. But I guess it would be when you searched all channels that you'd get the mess you speak of.. If it does turn out to be an issue, then I suppose a workaround of some sort will need to be made..

falcontx

falcontx
01-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Got an error with pre6. Went to record a show, there was a conflict, so I hit cancel. It came up with:

[..snip code..]
This is due to an erroneous link that sometimes does work properly (try it a few times and you might get one to actually work) that has actually been in there since 1.9.4 final. Basically, it should (and will) be changed to "java_script:history.go(-1)" instead of "#" (blank anchor) with an OnClick. (NOTE: the board filters the java script command so remove the _ to make my previous statement correct). The blank anchor will cause problems with some browsers since it doesn't actually exist within the HTML added to the fact that this is a dynamic page.

falcontx

cullen_simpson
01-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Using the current code, only channels on your TiVo's "Channels You Receive" list (the one that TiVo uses to find suggestions, etc) are loaded into the channels table..

I whined about this a few weeks ago and got no response so I thought maybe it was just me. I was out of town and just added DIY to my lineup. I really wanted to record an episode of "Remote Control Hobbies" about R/C Helicopters.

I got nowhere since DIY was not in the Channels I receive. I could not put it there since I was out of town. So, could you add the ability to add channels to the Channels I Receive list to your todo list? That is of course if you have to roll back the latest fix which the UK guys were mentioning possible problems with.

falcontx
01-07-2004, 11:33 AM
So, could you add the ability to add channels to the Channels I Receive list to your todo list? That is of course if you have to roll back the latest fix which the UK guys were mentioning possible problems with.
Well, that was essentially the idea behind this fix; to correct the variety of problems that existed due to the limited channel table. I don't believe that the updated code will adversely affect anyone in the United States, so if the problem is verified by a few people in the UK (and there are no US complaints), any workarounds will be limited to the UK.

falcontx

Dank
01-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Well, that was essentially the idea behind this fix; to correct the variety of problems that existed due to the limited channel table. I don't believe that the updated code will adversely affect anyone in the United States, so if the problem is verified by a few people in the UK (and there are no US complaints), any workarounds will be limited to the UK.
One issue I've noticed with the workaround is that all my low locals now show up in the lists (I have an old receiver so my locals are still up in the 880-930s). As far as complaints go, that is super minor, but it is still "something".

sanderton
01-07-2004, 02:08 PM

falcontx

It will take ages before you know - that's the joy (!) of making core software changes like this!

For example, I'm pretty sure that this will break my Resolve Conflicts module, which allows you to check any unresolved conflicts on one TiVo against free recording slots on a second machine (US or UK). It uses the channeltablelist to see if the channel with a conflict on it is available to the other TiVo. If the variable now contains ALL channels, that check won't work and it will try to schedule a recording on a channel it can't actually get.

Not the end of the world, but an example how how altering existing, stable components can break stuff you didn't know relied on them; in the word of TiVoWeb were most stuff is 3rd party modules, you can never know. The safer way would be to create an additional new variable (channeltablenumsall) with the full list, and adapt any of the core modules that need ity to use that instead.

jvanber
01-07-2004, 02:15 PM
It will take ages before you know - that's the joy (!) of making core software changes like this!

For example, I'm pretty sure that this will break my Resolve Conflicts module, which allows you to check any unresolved conflicts on one TiVo against free recording slots on a second machine (US or UK). It uses the channeltablelist to see if the channel with a conflict on it is available to the other TiVo. If the variable now contains ALL channels, that check won't work and it will try to schedule a recording on a channel it can't actually get.

Not the end of the world, but an example how how altering existing, stable components can break stuff you didn't know relied on them; in the word of TiVoWeb were most stuff is 3rd party modules, you can never know. The safer way would be to create an additional new variable (channeltablenumsall) with the full list, and adapt any of the core modules that need ity to use that instead.

As with the Version3 variables & others, I think it is a good idea to create new (although redundant) variables from here on out whenever possible, specifically for backward compatability with other modules. Besides, I think you'll gain acceptance much more quickly with users and module developers if your stance is to maintain compatability with TivoWeb 1.9.4 , as opposed to telling developers they'll likely have to rewrite their modules for TivoWeb Plus.

Granted, some instances will be impossible to avoid. Aside from those instances, I think that compatability with TivoWeb would provide for the happiest users and module developers.

Anyone else have thoughts?

ronnythunder
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
note: i'm not a tcl or tivoweb guru by any means, but...

could we have a seperate list (e.g. channeltablelistall) that holds all channels, and either (a) have a way to select the all-inclusive list in certain circumstances or (b) have some (new?) modules use the all list exclusively (the "manual recording" module comes to mind as a good candidate).

i, too, have run into this "want to set up a recording remotely on a channel that's not in my cir list" issue.

ronny

falcontx
01-07-2004, 03:38 PM
As with the Version3 variables & others, I think it is a good idea to create new (although redundant) variables from here on out whenever possible, specifically for backward compatability with other modules. Besides, I think you'll gain acceptance much more quickly with users and module developers if your stance is to maintain compatability with TivoWeb 1.9.4 , as opposed to telling developers they'll likely have to rewrite their modules for TivoWeb Plus.

Granted, some instances will be impossible to avoid. Aside from those instances, I think that compatability with TivoWeb would provide for the happiest users and module developers.
Well, at the time, I couldn't foresee any reason why the channel list shouldn't have all of the channels.. Most of the modules filter out anything that's not a "Favorite" and I figured that in any case where you wanted to search all channels, you'd really want to search ALL channels..

However, I do agree with sanderton and yourself.. I have tried to be conscious of the effects of the code changes, but I can't think of everything.. that's why I'm glad you guys are here to tell me when I've done something stupid.. hehe ;P

So in the next release, which will likely be Thursday night as I will be busy this evening, I'll go back and modify my code.. What I'll probably end up doing is create a second variable that stores only the channels that aren't already in the channels table and then append the two when beneficial/necessary..

Thanks for your input and ideas..

falcontx

swspjcd
01-07-2004, 03:52 PM
I know it's a little off topic I am hoping someone with skills will see this as a benefit and either fix moviesort or create a similar addon module. Moviesort was a script written to be able to use tivoweb to search a given set of channels and produce a list of all movies playing on those channels. It was flaky at best as it didn't know how to deal with all the different versions of tivo software. It was a great idea as who wouldn't want to produce a list of all upcoming movies the tivo knows about and then be able to print it out. I have no scripting skills but am hoping someone else will see this as a beneficial addon module for tivoweb.

Thanks,
John

falcontx
01-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I have just updated the second post in this thread with some information regarding modules being included in TivoWebPlus as well as a list of suggested modules that you may find useful if you haven't discovered them already. ;)

Enjoy!

falcontx

Vegas
01-07-2004, 06:10 PM
This is an update to the web remote module.
It uses an image of the latest remote included with my hdvr2.
This adds the Info, Guide, List (NowShowing), Window and Exit buttons.
The Window button is maped to pip... still does nothing.
The Exit button is maped to Standby as there is no exit function
in sendkey.tcl and I'm not sure how to add it. :confused:

Unzip and copy newhdvr2.png to images
and copy webremote.itcl to modules

Vegas

ADent
01-07-2004, 07:13 PM

Split

There was this post by embeem at the other forum
The original plan was to end tivoweb-tcl development after the 1.94 release and start over again with rewrite called tivoweb-ng. That said, tivoweb-ng is nolonger under active development. Tivoweb-ng was intended to replace the old tivoweb-tcl core with something more extensible and robust; while the core is 99% complete there are very few modules written for it (it's not backwards compatible nor will it ever be -- the point of the rewrite was to get rid of the old bugs). In short what this means is that while you can run it, there are none of the standard modules that allow tivoweb to control the tivo, hence the functionality will appear limited. If anyone feels up to the task of porting/writing a new set of modules for it then please conact me ASAP (serious inquiries only, no support questions).

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?postid=1623840#post1623840

dkhait
01-07-2004, 08:23 PM
hi, first of all i would like to thank you for the job you been doing with tivoweb.

I just upgtade to 1.6 version, and get the following when i click on info

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_info '/' ''
can't read "::usersize": no such variable
while executing
"th "colspan=5" "Space Used - $::usersize MB""
(procedure "::action_info" line 215)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

I have hdvr2

Krokus
01-07-2004, 08:34 PM

Is anybody able to get this working? I am using Pre6 version and have the same setup as MHaren. Nutcase, are you still getting an error? If we get this working, can we include it in the next version? Here is the error I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_resources '/16' ''
no such object:
while executing
"dbobj [lindex $objResItem $rItm] get String"
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach rItm $rlist {
lappend result [strim [dbobj [lindex $objResItem $rItm] get String]]
}"
("uplevel" body line 5)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set objSwSystem [db $db openid $swsystemfsid]
set objResGroup [dbobj $objSwSystem get ResourceGroup $rGrp]
..."
(procedure "ResGetStringResourceValueList" line 23)
invoked from within
"ResGetStringResourceValueList $resourcegroup $rlist"
(procedure "::action_resources" line 54)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Thanks everyone for all your efforts on this project

Krokus

SteveT
01-07-2004, 09:56 PM
I just installed the pre6 and noticed a couple of items. I'm not sure if they've always been there, since I didn't find TivoWeb as useful before these recent enhancements. (HDVR2 3.1)

1) When editing a season pass, the "Stop Recording" is not being retrieved.

2) The conflicts link only shows one conflict, even though I have two tuners. It would be awesome to see both, so I could adjust either one if needed.

Thanks for the hard work!

lenroc
01-07-2004, 10:38 PM
I got this one [favicon] off a thread a while ago. Not sure where it came from, but we might want another one that doesn't infringe on Tivo's TM'd logo...
[...]
(I will try to find where I got this from so the proper person can be credited).

Not sure if they are necessarily the originators of it or not, but I did notice that the favicon you posted is in use at the 'other' (http://www.tivocommunity.com/favicon.ico) forum...

That's a strike against it in my book, and potentially one far bigger than the potential TM issues. ;)

Anyway, I've slapped together a quickie icon. If anyone wants to do better, feel free. Or if anyone has ideas for a better color scheme, I'm all ears ;)

Here's a preview:
http://members.cox.net/lenroc/tivowebplus_favicon.jpg (hm... no inline images, even with the [I.MG] tag?)

And the file (just remove the extra .txt extension):

falcontx
01-08-2004, 02:18 AM
What I'll probably end up doing is create a second variable that stores only the channels that aren't already in the channels table and then append the two when beneficial/necessary..
I have implemeted this fix in the attached zip which includes an updated index.itcl and ui.itcl. This essentially changes the original channel table back to normal, which should prevent any incompatibilities with other modules etc while providing full functionality in the user interface. Please test these and let me know if there are any issues so I can include them in pre7.

Please note that after you replacing these files, you must do a Full Restart in order for the new changes to take effect.

Thanks!!

falcontx

[EDIT: Please see splitsec's post further down for another update that includes these patches.]

falcontx
01-08-2004, 02:23 AM
1) When editing a season pass, the "Stop Recording" is not being retrieved.

2) The conflicts link only shows one conflict, even though I have two tuners. It would be awesome to see both, so I could adjust either one if needed.
I'll look into the "Stop Recording" issue.

Are you talking about the conflicts list when scheduling new recordings? Because if you are, it will report ALL conflicts that exist and warn you if both tuners are already being used. If you're talking about something else, please elaborate.

Thanks,

falcontx

MoneyMark
01-08-2004, 02:38 AM
I was playing around with the What's On feature and received an internal error. Here is what I received:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_whatson '' 'set "chnsel" "2";set "wodatetz" "1073520000";set "wotimetz" "2";set "starting" "1";set "submit" "Search";'
can't read "recstartdate": no such variable
while executing
"expr ($recstartdate * 86400) + $recstarttime"
(procedure "slotfree" line 20)
invoked from within
"slotfree $secs [expr $finsecs - $secs] $chan"
("foreach" body line 154)
invoked from within
"foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobjid
set showing [db $db op..."
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobjid
..."
(procedure "do_wochandata" line 17)
invoked from within
"do_wochandata $chan $fsid $minseconds $maxseconds $channum $callsign $stationfsid $starting $currenthour"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationfsid:$chkdate" {
if {[catch [do_wochandata $chan $fsid $minseconds $maxseconds $channum $calls..."
(procedure "::action_whatson" line 170)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

I'm not sure if you are aware of this issue or not. Just in case it is helpful I thought I would paste it in here. This only happened when I selected "channels watched".

MoneyMark

mrblack51
01-08-2004, 02:46 AM
I was playing around with the What's On feature and received an internal error. Here is what I received:

I'm not sure if you are aware of this issue or not. Just in case it is helpful I thought I would paste it in here. This only happened when I selected "channels watched".

MoneyMark

um, we need way more info then this. what type of unit you are using, what software revision, what version of tivoweb, etc.

based on your info, this issue is inside lj_util.itcl, but without more info there is no way to tell if your tivo is errant, or if there is actually a bug.

MoneyMark
01-08-2004, 02:47 AM
One other error I received was when I selected the Title of a show from within my "now showing" list. Here is the error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/94189' ''
can't read "recstartdate": no such variable
while executing
"expr ($recstartdate * 86400) + $recstarttime"
(procedure "slotfree" line 20)
invoked from within
"slotfree [expr $seconds - $tzoffset] [dbobj $showing get Duration] $chan"
(procedure "do_seriesrowtodo" line 99)
invoked from within
"do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 0"
("uplevel" body line 35)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set recfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:"] 0]
set schedlist [get_fsidbyprefix "/Schedule"..."
(procedure "::action_series" line 68)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

Once again I hope this is helpful.

MoneyMark

mrblack51
01-08-2004, 03:12 AM
One other error I received was when I selected the Title of a show from within my "now showing" list. Here is the error:

Once again I hope this is helpful.

well, since you didnt provide any more information, its not all that helpful. i can tell you that its the same basic issue as the other one, having to do with recstartdate in lj_utils.itcl. however, to do anything more, we need more info

splitsec
01-08-2004, 05:01 AM
In the spirit of the IMDb lookup that was added, I change ui.itcl to also do lookups for tv shows on tvtome.com.

I also moved the search link over in to the data column and called the row "More info:" so that they were both consistent. As well as a tiny amount of code cleanup.

as there isn't a release today, and both FalconTx and I have modified the same file (ui.itcl) I have incorporated his changes into my file, and included his new index.itcl in my file (but have made NO changes to it).

Enjoy, and let me know if something breaks.

Split

lenroc
01-08-2004, 05:10 AM
In the spirit of the IMDb lookup that was added, I change ui.itcl to also do lookups for tv shows on tvtome.com.

Nice idea.

I was inspired to add a lookup for actors, but I wasn't inspired enough to actually do anything about it. Maybe tomorrow ;)

Logandros
01-08-2004, 06:02 AM
After upgrading to the newest version : tivowebplus-1.0-pre6

When trying to stream media from my now showing my media player now gets an error:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. In the Open URL dialog, try opening the file using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

Tivo: HDVR2 Monte 3.1.1b
Media Player: 9.00.00.3075

SteveT
01-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Are you talking about the conflicts list when scheduling new recordings? Because if you are, it will report ALL conflicts that exist and warn you if both tuners are already being used. If you're talking about something else, please elaborate.I should have been more specific. Sorry about that. I was reviewing the Recording History for the upcoming 5 days, and clicked the Conflict link beside a show I wanted to see. The next screen showed me the "bumped" show, and a single show that conflicted with it. Since there had to be two shows scheduled during that time to "bump" the third, I wanted to see all three. Does that help?

falcontx
01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
After upgrading to the newest version : tivowebplus-1.0-pre6

When trying to stream media from my now showing my media player now gets an error:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. In the Open URL dialog, try opening the file using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

Tivo: HDVR2 Monte 3.1.1b
Media Player: 9.00.00.3075
Should I assume that streaming media worked some time before? It seems to me that your Windows Media Player is not recognizing the tivo:// "protocol" that is typically setup by the TyShow installation. My recommendation would be to install/reinstall TyShow BETA-0.14 which you can download here (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89724&package_id=94142&release_id=194611).

falcontx

falcontx
01-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I should have been more specific. Sorry about that. I was reviewing the Recording History for the upcoming 5 days, and clicked the Conflict link beside a show I wanted to see. The next screen showed me the "bumped" show, and a single show that conflicted with it. Since there had to be two shows scheduled during that time to "bump" the third, I wanted to see all three. Does that help?
Ahh.. I gotcha. This is definitely more helpful. ;)

I'll take a look at it a little later. It probably wont be too awfully difficult to fix.

falcontx

falcontx
01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
I updated the second post of this thread with the following information regarding bug reports. This should make it much easier for us to track down and fix bugs.

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
-- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
-- TiVoWebPlus version
-- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
-- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)
-- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.

falcontx

sanderton
01-08-2004, 12:12 PM
I should have been more specific. Sorry about that. I was reviewing the Recording History for the upcoming 5 days, and clicked the Conflict link beside a show I wanted to see. The next screen showed me the "bumped" show, and a single show that conflicted with it. Since there had to be two shows scheduled during that time to "bump" the third, I wanted to see all three. Does that help?

This comes straight out of MFS; in recording history a bumped recording has a property of ConflictsWithRecording set to point to the conflicting show. Whether this is fixable depends on whether on a dual tuner machine both conflicting shows are listed.

As a humble SA1 owner I wouldn't know.

Go to Rec History, find the show that you know has a double conflict, click on the Conflicts link, then on the episode link for the show which has been bounced. The URL in the browser should read something like:

http://tivo/showing/xxxxxx/yy

Edit it to:

htp://tivo/object/xxxxxx

(ie showing -> object and delete the yys)

Are there two entries for ConflictsWithRecording?

Logandros
01-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Should I assume that streaming media worked some time before? It seems to me that your Windows Media Player is not recognizing the tivo:// "protocol" that is typically setup by the TyShow installation. My recommendation would be to install/reinstall TyShow BETA-0.14 which you can download here (http://http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89724&package_id=94142&release_id=194611).

falcontx

Thank you FalconTX .. re-installing TyShow fixed my problem !!

MoneyMark
01-08-2004, 03:22 PM
well, since you didnt provide any more information, its not all that helpful. i can tell you that its the same basic issue as the other one, having to do with recstartdate in lj_utils.itcl. however, to do anything more, we need more info

Sorry for my lack of information. When performing configuration testing it generally is helpful to provide that configuration opps. Here it is:

I'm running a SA Tivo model TCD24004A with version 4.01b, which was just received from Tivo a few short days ago. I am running the latest version of TivoWebPlus as of late last night, which was attached at the begining of this thread. If you need more information just ask and I will provide it.

I should also note that I was not able to test the search feature on 1.9.4 because I lacked the bsearch mips file, which was one of my original motivation to download this version. I was not able to test the Now showng feature either.

MoneyMark

n4zmz
01-08-2004, 03:54 PM
0 = Standalone
1 = DirecTiVo
2 = Standalone
3 = PAL
4 = DVD
5 = DVDwriter

Also, the manuf of 2 is RCA(Series 2)/Thompson(Series 1).

I like the new initialization code. Finds the right binaries, so you can ship both!

Keep up the good work.

fysmd
01-08-2004, 05:28 PM
MANY apologies, I suspect that this is a FAQ but I've search and looked in the extraction forum but just can find an answer - please don't flame.

I assume I need a codec for WMP in order for the tystream playback to work - where do I find it?

:confused:

falcontx
01-08-2004, 05:38 PM
MANY apologies, I suspect that this is a FAQ but I've search and looked in the extraction forum but just can find an answer - please don't flame.

I assume I need a codec for WMP in order for the tystream playback to work - where do I find it?

:confused:
It is stated in the README.txt as well as in the first post of this thread that TyShow BETA-0.14 (or later) needs to be installed on Windows 2000/XP.

I suppose we could include the URL to TyShow somewhere in the documentation. Here it is: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89724&package_id=94142&release_id=194611

falcontx

fysmd
01-08-2004, 05:44 PM
It is stated in the README.txt as well as in the first post of this thread that TyShow BETA-0.14 (or later) needs to be installed on Windows 2000/XP.

I suppose we could include the URL to TyShow somewhere in the documentation. Here it is: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89724&package_id=94142&release_id=194611

falcontx
Thanks - I'd actually already DL'd this but couldn't fatholm it - back to it now then.

Thanks for being so helpful & polite considering the stupidity of the question

SteveT
01-08-2004, 08:57 PM
I should have been more specific. Sorry about that. I was reviewing the Recording History for the upcoming 5 days, and clicked the Conflict link beside a show I wanted to see. The next screen showed me the "bumped" show, and a single show that conflicted with it. Since there had to be two shows scheduled during that time to "bump" the third, I wanted to see all three. Does that help?Um. I tried this again after I got home and could not duplicate it on the "Next 5 Days" page. Conflict showed two programs just as it should.
I was apparently looking at Conflict on the "Past 5 Days" page. Showing a single conflict here is not correct either, but since I can't do anything about it, a fix won't be nearly as useful.
Sorry about the incorrect post. Thanks again for working so hard to update this excellent tool.

falcontx
01-09-2004, 02:21 AM
-- fixed links that improperly used history.go(-1) in ui.itcl and mail.itcl (falcontx)
-- changed channel table back, added alternate channel table and updated code to use it (falcontx)
-- added TV Tome links for television shows (splitsec)
-- changed a lot of ui.itcl output to use the html functions instead of coded html (falcontx)
-- edited favicon to make it a bit more unique (falcontx)
-- fixed problem with retrieving season pass padding on 3.x and later units (falcontx)

This should fix the last set of issues, hopefully without introducing anymore. ;)

falcontx

lenroc
01-09-2004, 03:13 AM
From TRADEMARK (file included in TW+ distros):

Modification and redistribution of this software is allowed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2. The "Tivo Web Project" and
"TivoWeb" are trademarks of Josha Foust, and may not be used without permission.

So... methinks maybe the project 'needs' a new name?

Or is "TivoWebPlus" != "TivoWeb"?

mrblack51
01-09-2004, 03:19 AM
attached is an updated webremote.itcl. includes modifications for the RCA remote image included in some tivos, and disables itself on 4.x and higher units, since they dont support sendkey currently

Supafly
01-09-2004, 04:45 AM
HDVR2 running 3.1.0 using the BASH_ENV method.
Wiped out my old tivoweb before upgrading (was running pre5) and once I tried to execute it, it crapped out and gave me this error:

bash-2.02# TivoWebPlus Project - v1.0-pre7
can't read "env(SerialNumber)": no such element in array
while executing
"set TCD $env(SerialNumber)"
("uplevel" body line 3)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {

set TCD $env(SerialNumber)
## get service number

set model [string range $TCD 0 0]
## model; 0 = Series 1, 1-3 = ..."
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 683)
bash-2.02#

Any ideas? I removed that entire block of code from httpd-tt.tcl and tried again, tivoweb executed but had 100's of other errors so I gave up.

falcontx
01-09-2004, 10:52 AM

As stated clearly in the first post and again in the README.txt file, this project is based upon TivoWeb 1.9.4 final. If it had not been for TivoWeb, this project would not even exist. You could see this project as a continuation of the original author's work since they have voluntarily placed the original project on hold indefinitely. Additionally, we have left all of the original documentation in place so that there would be no possibility of confusion. As such, I see no need to deviate from the TivoWeb name.

falcontx

falcontx
01-09-2004, 11:11 AM
HDVR2 running 3.1.0 using the BASH_ENV method.
Wiped out my old tivoweb before upgrading (was running pre5) and once I tried to execute it, it crapped out and gave me this error:

can't read "env(SerialNumber)": no such element in array
Any ideas? I removed that entire block of code from httpd-tt.tcl and tried again, tivoweb executed but had 100's of other errors so I gave up.
Well, I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure why you're experiencing it. And removing the block of code will certainly cause problems.

It's looking for the SerialNumber environment variable as it uses this number to determine what kind of unit you're using (as of pre6). This method appeared to be a more reliable way to do this as the previous method was based upon the software version, which could be unreliable since you can put SA software on a DirecTiVo, etc.

With that said, I have no idea why the SerialNumber variable is not set in your environment, though it very well could have something to do with using the BASH_ENV method. The variable is normally set by rc.sysinit when your unit is booted, and even if it can't figure out your unit's serial number, it at least sets it to all 0's. So it looks to me like you (or some script you ran) edited your rc.sysinit and removed the part the either sets or exports the SerialNumber variable.

Does anyone else have any insight on this one?

falcontx

dkhait
01-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi i Have hdvr2, 3.1 OS and tivoweb 1.7

the new tivoweb doesnt detect my sistem correctly, when i click on info i get

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--

action_info '' ''
can't read "::usersize": no such variable
while executing
"th "colspan=5" "Space Used - $::usersize MB""
(procedure "::action_info" line 215)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

plus it says that System Type: United States Series 1 DirecTiVo

the 1.6 had the same problem however it worked fine with 1.5.
SO now i can tdo any searches since it try to execute ppc code because it thinks i got series1. Any ideas??

falcontx
01-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Hi i Have hdvr2, 3.1 OS and tivoweb 1.7

the new tivoweb doesnt detect my sistem correctly, when i click on info i get

plus it says that System Type: United States Series 1 DirecTiVo

the 1.6 had the same problem however it worked fine with 1.5.
SO now i can tdo any searches since it try to execute ppc code because it thinks i got series1. Any ideas??
Can you do something for me and post your results to assist with debugging? Telnet to your TiVo and type the following:

echo $SerialNumber
Let me know what it returns. Thanks.

falcontx

wkozun
01-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Does he have permission from TiVo to use their name as part of TiVoWeb? IANAL, but if not then I doubt he could uphold his trademark claim in court. ;)

dkhait
01-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Can you do something for me and post your results to assist with debugging? Telnet to your TiVo and type the following:

echo $SerialNumber
Let me know what it returns. Thanks.

falcontx

i guess i know whats wrong now, crypto :)

sorry for bothering ;)

falcontx
01-09-2004, 11:59 AM
i guess i know whats wrong now, crypto :)

sorry for bothering ;)
Would you mind elaborating? I know that crypto is used to pull the serial from the unit, but why exactly was it causing you a problem? It would be useful to know in case others are having this problem.

falcontx

Sleeper
01-09-2004, 12:01 PM
So it looks to me like you (or some script you ran) edited your rc.sysinit and removed the part the either sets or exports the SerialNumber variable.

He should try putting a "sleep 500" in his hackinit before starting TivoWebPlus. The BASH_ENV (Userland) hack can run hackinit and rc.sysinit simulatenously, so it is possible that he's starting TivoWebPlus before the enviroment variable. Another good reason that Monte and rc.sysinit.author should be use.

Like you said, he may also want to grep SerialNumber rc.sysinit, but it's probably there and should be set to something 000000000000000

S.

mrblack51
01-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Would you mind elaborating? I know that crypto is used to pull the serial from the unit, but why exactly was it causing you a problem? It would be useful to know in case others are having this problem.

falcontx

this is why its somewhat detremental to rely on a 'serial number' environment variable. as noted by sleeper, its probably ending up "" or 000000000 since its probably not being set up correctly. if we need the serial number, we should be pulling the serial number directly using the crypto command

# this is called the TiVo Service ID.)
SysSerial=`crypto -gsn`
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then SysSerial=""; fi
if [ -z $SysSerial ]; then SysSerial=`driveid /dev/hda`; fi
if [ -z $SysSerial ]; then SysSerial=000000000000000; fi
export SerialNumber=$SysSerial

Sixkiller
01-09-2004, 01:14 PM
First I wanted to thank you guys for all of your hard work. I appreciate the fact that you are sharing the things you develop with the rest of us (who don't develop applications).

I am a newbie so this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to start vserver from Tivoweb? If not can it be added?

I can stream with TyShow after I telnet in and start the server, but I think it would be quicker if it could be done from Tivoweb.

Or would a better solution be to start vserver when the Tivo boots? I didn't want to leave it running all of the time if I only use it occasionally.

falcontx
01-09-2004, 01:24 PM
First I wanted to thank you guys for all of your hard work. I appreciate the fact that you are sharing the things you develop with the rest of us (who don't develop applications).

I am a newbie so this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to start vserver from Tivoweb? If not can it be added?

I can stream with TyShow after I telnet in and start the server, but I think it would be quicker if it could be done from Tivoweb.

Or would a better solution be to start vserver when the Tivo boots? I didn't want to leave it running all of the time if I only use it occasionally.
The best solution would be to place it in your hackinit or rc.sysinit.author so that it is loaded when your system boots. Having it running all of the time should not be detrimental in any way as it simply remains idle until a connection is made.

falcontx

mrblack51
01-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Cool. I saw the initial post and was just now looking to see if this was fully S1-friendly. I've been dreaming about IMDB info. Thanks a lot!!

Any chance the music channels could be modified to use allmusic.com? Just thought I'd ask...

no, we really cant do music channels like this. the problem is that with shows, we have a title and episode to go from. with the music channels, the "episodes" are just 2 hour chunks of time. there are no listings for individual songs. as such, there isnt any natural way for us to get info about specific songs.

dkhait
01-09-2004, 08:01 PM

falcontx

well i used crypto on my hdvr2 to set it so i can use my card from tivo1. Thats maybe why tivoweb thinks i have series 1. When i ran
echo $SerialNumber i get a number of series 1.

falcontx
01-09-2004, 11:52 PM
well i used crypto on my hdvr2 to set it so i can use my card from tivo1. Thats maybe why tivoweb thinks i have series 1. When i ran
echo $SerialNumber i get a number of series 1.
Ahh okay.. Well, it has become apparent that the Serial Number is not reliable, so we'll revert back to more reliable methods in the next version..

falcontx

dkhait
01-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Ahh okay.. Well, it has become apparent that the Serial Number is not reliable, so we'll revert back to more reliable methods in the next version..

falcontx

Cool, thanks

MoneyMark
01-10-2004, 12:18 AM
I received this error when selecting the Info Page:

The reserved space was calculated incorrectly, if you want it to be correct, send the following information to the tivoweb authors:
4.0.1b.2003.12.02-1731-01-2-240
76179456 5914251
30237 6960

This is on a Stand Alone Tivo running pre7. I know you guys are not the tivoweb authors but I do not know what you have modified so I posted this here just in case you were interested in it.

MoneyMark

tivomaster
01-10-2004, 10:45 AM
I noticed that setpri fifo 1 was commented out in the httpd-tt.tcl source. Is there a reason?

I have been running it uncommented on my HDVR2 (bash env hack 3.1.0-01-2-151) for a long time with no problems. Here is a link to the setpri that I am running. It was compiled by alldeadhomiez....

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119705&postcount=53

tivomaster
01-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Well, I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure why you're experiencing it. And removing the block of code will certainly cause problems.

It's looking for the SerialNumber environment variable as it uses this number to determine what kind of unit you're using (as of pre6). This method appeared to be a more reliable way to do this as the previous method was based upon the software version, which could be unreliable since you can put SA software on a DirecTiVo, etc.

With that said, I have no idea why the SerialNumber variable is not set in your environment, though it very well could have something to do with using the BASH_ENV method. The variable is normally set by rc.sysinit when your unit is booted, and even if it can't figure out your unit's serial number, it at least sets it to all 0's. So it looks to me like you (or some script you ran) edited your rc.sysinit and removed the part the either sets or exports the SerialNumber variable.

falcontx

My bash eviroment hdvr2 is getting the same error with pre7..
I hacked in a temp fix by commenting out line 685 and putting in a copy of what crypto -gsn says my serial number is...

# set TCD $env(SerialNumber)
set TCD INSERTCRYPTOINFOHERE

I know it is a hack but it got pre7 up for me....