PDA

View Full Version : Stream from Tivo to Xbox?

Scrut
12-21-2003, 11:43 PM
Seeking suggestions on the optimum method of viewing content from a SA Tivo on a modded Xbox.

Currently extracting content to a PC, converting to DiVX and playing to networked Xbox using XBMP.

The entire process is manual: Extracting video and DiVX conversion and done by hand.

I can't think of a way to leverage the tivoweb tools from the xbox either. I would love to let my kids watch their content on their xbox, leaving the Tivo(s) idle for the grown ups!

David

akula169
12-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Certain versions of XBMP will support streaming from a TiVo.

You need to run a customized version of ccxstream on your tivo, add an entry to the config for XBMP and you should be good to go.

For more details, check this thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=22972

It's a long thread, but everything you need is there.

Marlowe
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
I've already got a hacked Tivo and a modded XBox, but I'm desperate: I've read every forum posting through and still can't find the custom BINARY of ccxstream to stream from Tivo to XBox. The source doesn't seem to help unless someone can tell me how to compile it on my Tivo or how to cross-compile in Windows.

Can anyone help? The "usual places" don't seem to work.

Marlowe
01-05-2004, 01:02 PM
I went back and read EVERY single post in the thread and finally found the SA Series 1 binary on page 46. I can now stream "Now Playing" and couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone who worked on Tivo<>XBox streaming.

Generiq
01-07-2004, 07:12 PM
There was an update on the streaming software, but it was just a GUI for the windows server - I thought it was more applicable.

chino
01-16-2004, 08:28 AM
is there an bin for a S2? I'd love to be able to skip the step of transferring programs to my PC first.

sikk
12-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Have a look here.

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Software/XboxAndTiVo

galewis
12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm just now recovering from my attempt to add streaming from an XBox to my HDVR2. Since it didn't go too well the first time, I thought I'd better stop and get some help before trying again. Pulling the hard drive to recover from a mistake is such a pain!

My hunch is that I somehow got ahold of the wrong ccxstream file for my unit, but that's just a guess.

I was following these instructions:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Software/XboxAndTiVo

I downloaded "ccxstream for Series 2 Tivo" from here:

http://www.fatattitude.com/software/downloads.asp?app=8

I edited my rc.sysinit.author file as follows:

=================
#!/bin/bash
#
# rc.sysinit.author
# generated by hackman
# Thursday, December 09, 2004, 08:48 PM, local time
#
## ~~ Start of user section ~~ ##
# (Don't edit the ~'s and #'s!) #

### ~~ End of user section ~~ ###

# Start of hackman item generation
#
if test -f /sbin/tivoftpd
then
/sbin/tivoftpd &
fi
#
echo 'rc.sysinit.author generated by hackman completed'
#
# Start ccxstream (for Xbox)
/var/hack/bin/ccxstream &
=================

... chmodded everything, and rebooted TiVo. After the reboot I could FTP to TiVo, but I had no telnet and no TivoWebPlus. On top of that, Now Showing didn't show up in XBMC. Pretty much a bust.

I've reviewed my steps and can't find anything wrong. Has anyone else done this successfully with an HDVR2? If so, can you clue me in?

nosaj56
12-20-2004, 06:21 PM
You didn't have twp or telnet because they never start up in your current rc.sysinit.author. You didn't have nowshowing because it's provided the twp module.

Digitalden
12-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Im having some trouble here. Im trying to stream my HDVR2 to my xbox. I understand everything but this part

Open up your web browser and go back here. This time download "ccxstream for Series 1 TiVo". Extract the files somewhere on your computer. Now open up your FTP program and connect to your TiVo. Go into /var/hack/bin/ . Copy over "ccxfile.c" and "ccxstream".

Thats for series 1 . I have a series 2. I downloaded "ccxstream (series two tivo).zip" this zip has about 50 files in it. Where do all the files go and I dont see a "ccxstream" file in the zip . I see ccxstream.c ccxstream.exe ccxstream.h

Thanks

FUnni64
12-23-2004, 11:00 PM
can some one PM and tell me what "the usual places are"? :confused:
-thanks
-a n00b.... :)

Sauron
12-29-2004, 05:06 PM
can some one PM and tell me what "the usual places are"? :confused:
-thanks
-a n00b.... :)

If your refering to XBMC, the usualy place is IRC and #xbins