PDA

View Full Version : HDVR2: no signal on reboot

sfg
12-27-2003, 02:51 AM
This has happened to me a few times now. I have restarted my unit (tivo that is) and I don't get a signal on tuner one. It works fine until I restart and then nothing.

The last time it happened it took a half hour for it to pick up a signal, tonight it has been 2 hours and still nothing.

I know that there have been a problem with some of the HDVR2's but I just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did about it.

sfg

GREEK
12-27-2003, 05:28 PM
how new is it? if possible, return it, or at the least get it warrantied. There is a known problem with hdvr2's, usually is the odd or even problem, but no signal is happening too. The longer you wait, the worst. Try switching the sat feeds to see if the problem follows the line to rule out a bad cable first though......

sfg
12-28-2003, 02:45 AM
The bad news is that I bought it off ebay 6 months ago. No warranty. The good news is I can get a signal if I unplug the machine for about 10 mins. (cools down?)

Right now if I don't reset or restart I don't lose the signal but who knows how long that will last.

Has anyone ever repaired one of these problems successfully?

sfg

GREEK
12-28-2003, 04:29 AM
are you going into the setup screen and looking at all the transponders, or just seeing searching for signal. When it happens, go to dish setup and check the transponders, you'll probably see you have even or odd. Yes it can be fixed, but not easily..........