PDA

View Full Version : Sony W60

sleeper10101
12-28-2003, 02:21 AM
Can someone give me some instruction or info on how to revert the software on this unit it was used with a p4 and now will not accept an HU.any help or files would be aprreciated.
Thanks
:confused:

mrblack51
12-28-2003, 03:59 AM
Can someone give me some instruction or info on how to revert the software on this unit it was used with a p4 and now will not accept an HU.any help or files would be aprreciated.
Thanks
:confused:

modifying the utv to allow for HU card use is solely a dtv service theft thing, and therefore not allowed. if you do a search, you will find info on reverting the software.

sleeper10101
12-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Ok so hacking TIVO and UTV are not thats a load of shit if you ask me.
just my 2 cents worth.

geminicat
12-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Ok so hacking TIVO and UTV are not thats a load of shit if you ask me.
just my 2 cents worth.

Can you clarify the above?? I have no idea what you were trying to say.

sleeper10101
12-28-2003, 07:39 PM
modifying the utv to allow for HU card use is solely a dtv service theft thing, and therefore not allowed.

That is what i was talking about. if it is not allowed then why are there HACKING forums here because HACKING is theft.

mrblack51
12-28-2003, 08:47 PM
That is what i was talking about. if it is not allowed then why are there HACKING forums here because HACKING is theft.

hacking is not theft. you can hack to do many things, including hacking so you gain an understanding of a unit or enable new features. if you equate hacking with service theft, your perception is severely distorted. there is a lot more potential for UTV then just modifying it to allow the use of HU cards so you can steal dtv.

you can discuss whatever UTV hacks you want, so long as they are not DTV service theft hacks (HU hacks, anti-blacklist, no zkt, etc.). show extraction, enabling ethernet, general exploration, how to defeat the filesystem integrity checks, all that sort of stuff is fair game. this is a US site, so dtv service theft is highly illegal. please respect that

sleeper10101
12-29-2003, 01:21 AM
i never emplied the theft or any sort of this i simply asked if anyone could help me.I inserted my new P4 card not realizing i needed to do the card swap and now i cannot use my HU card or anything.I have a full subscription and i am unable to use this due to error. if this forum cannot help me just say so and i will no longer post here and go elsewhere. a simple private message or email would suffice but if you cant help then please just say so dont accuse anyone of anything unless you know the reason.
Thanks

mrblack51
12-29-2003, 04:00 AM
i never emplied the theft or any sort of this i simply asked if anyone could help me.I inserted my new P4 card not realizing i needed to do the card swap and now i cannot use my HU card or anything.I have a full subscription and i am unable to use this due to error. if this forum cannot help me just say so and i will no longer post here and go elsewhere. a simple private message or email would suffice but if you cant help then please just say so dont accuse anyone of anything unless you know the reason.
Thanks

there was no accusation, it was simply a statement of the board rules. there is no reason to use an HU card, other than service theft. if you pay your subscription, then call DTV and yell at them for screwing you up, force them to send you a new card like you should have already received, and then get them to give you discounted programming due to their mixup. as has been stated before, there is no legitimate need for the HU card...to claim otherwise is just a sham. we have been around for a while, we know how things work.

again, if you found this information to not be to your liking, thats unfortunate, but those are the breaks. you were never accused of anything, so maybe you are feeling guilty and lashing out? in any event, hope you can get your tv back.