PDA

View Full Version : Transfer recordings to pc?

Maxr
12-30-2003, 12:46 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I have been very curious and interested in finding a way to download the recordings from the UTV receiver to my pc and archive it. I read about recording it on VCR but I'm interested in a digital copy of it on my hard disk drive. There are ports in the back of the receiver but are they limited to peripheral devices or can we use the USB to transfer the recordings to the pc?

Also, since the images are streamed/recorded in mpeg2, is it not possible to watch it on our pc with the proper codec (assuming the transfer is possible)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cyberbob25
12-30-2003, 06:18 PM
From what I have read (I'm no technical wiz or anything), it is not possible to transfer programming directly from the UTV to a PC. The only ways that I have thus far heard are by using a capture device plugged into one of the video out ports on the UTV (such as a stand alone DVD burner, or a video capture card on your PC)

I think I read a long while ago that some people have had some luck getting their recordings straight off of their drive and converting, but that involves taking the unit apart and hot swapping the hard drive.