PDA

View Full Version : Phase III Multiswitch

Bosbury1
12-30-2003, 08:02 AM
I was wondering what powered Multiswitch I should purchase I've been scouring E-bay for the following switches Terk 5X8, Eagle-Aspen 5X8, and a Samsonk. What would be my best option? I want to make sure I don't buy something inferior, howerver I don't want to spend more then necessary. The prices go from $50-$90. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you.

captain_video
12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
I've used Eagle Aspens with good results. The Terk 5x8 you mentioned is also supposed to work quite well. I'm not familiar with the Samsonk model so I have nothing to say about it. You need to make sure any multi-switch you choose is compatible with a phase III dish. You may have to add 22kHz repeaters in the coax lines otherwise.

Bosbury1
12-30-2003, 12:15 PM
I've used Eagle Aspens with good results. The Terk 5x8 you mentioned is also supposed to work quite well. I'm not familiar with the Samsonk model so I have nothing to say about it. You need to make sure any multi-switch you choose is compatible with a phase III dish. You may have to add 22kHz repeaters in the coax lines otherwise.

Any suggestion on where to purchase the Eagle Aspen for the best price?

captain_video
12-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Just run a google search or check out some of the on-line satellite dealers. They're also available on ebay and the prices I've seen are competitive with most dealers but may be a couple of bucks higher.

Bosbury1
12-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Just run a google search or check out some of the on-line satellite dealers. They're also available on ebay and the prices I've seen are competitive with most dealers but may be a couple of bucks higher.

Captain Video
Thanks again for your comments I've been using the board for several months now and your advice has been much appreciated. Thanks again.