PDA

View Full Version : DSR6000 and Satelite Signal

h2p
12-31-2003, 01:52 PM
Hello All,

Fairly new to the Tivo stuff and 25Xtreme. I installed 25Xtreme (using a different PC), then after a reboot did KRavENs 2.5 Xtreme Upgrade using the Bash interface (in the DSR6000). Everything went very well from what I could tell. I did not see any error messages.

Here is the problem... I then plugged my DSR6000 into the sattelite feed (only 1 input) it was not able to find the sattelite signal properly. I am using a DRE420 sattelite receiver with this dish with no problems. With the DSR6000 what happens is that every second transponder is working (1, 3, 5,... etc). The even transponders have no signal whatsoever. I think this is the problem but do not know if it is the software, firmware, or something is broken? The signal strength on the odd transponders is approximatley 65-70 which I think is a little low. Maybe the DRE420 is not as picky on the signal strength? I am not an expert so I am really just guessing at what the problem might be... anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
:confused:

GREEK
12-31-2003, 09:42 PM
did you just get this off ebay and hack it without testing it first? lnbp chips are bad probably.

h2p
12-31-2003, 11:43 PM
did you just get this off ebay and hack it without testing it first? lnbp chips are bad probably.

Both tuners did the same thing... only a signal on odd transponders. I went to another room where another box was and tried that connection. No problems there. Went outside and noticed the one cable feed was pretty corroded where it entered the house. Fixed it and the problem went away. So it ended up not being a Tivo issue and instead being a cabling issue.

Thanks for you help anyhow.