PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Boot CD

randytester
12-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Can somebody direct a newbie on how to create a Boot CD similar to Sleepers ISO?. I know how to create the boot cd portion, but do not know how to get it to create the script to do things.

I have looked through the cd, but i can not find the file where it goes through the script to prompt you for things to do.

any and all links or directions is appreciated.

gNOMEintheRedHa
12-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Got Milk?

That's a HUGE chunk to bite off.

I'd suggest getting a good book on BASH scripting.

I don't know what books are good though, I'm gust getting back into Linux & Bash after several years of Windowz.

captain_video
12-31-2003, 05:02 PM
Why go through all the hassle of creating your own Linux boot CD? There are enough of them out there that are ready to use. The 2.5Xtreme, xupgrade, and Turbonet installation CDs are good to boot with. The MFS Tools 2.0 CD can also be used but does not allow for byteswapping and mounting your Tivo partitions.

tytyty
12-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Can somebody direct a newbie on how to create a Boot CD similar to Sleepers ISO?. I know how to create the boot cd portion, but do not know how to get it to create the script to do things.

I have looked through the cd, but i can not find the file where it goes through the script to prompt you for things to do.

any and all links or directions is appreciated.

Look inside initrd.gz :)

and Have Fun

Sleeper
12-31-2003, 06:34 PM
It would not be very much fun if I told you were the treasure was burried. I will tell you this. Someone has posted it on this forum, and they are not hidden - you just have to look.

Happy Hunting

and

Happy New Year

Sleeper

randytester
12-31-2003, 08:39 PM
It would not be very much fun if I told you were the treasure was burried. I will tell you this. Someone has posted it on this forum, and they are not hidden - you just have to look.

Happy Hunting

and

Happy New Year

Sleeper

Got the Information!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!! Awesome Script sleeper