PDA

View Full Version : 2 month old hdvr2 broken

mdknapp
01-03-2004, 12:26 PM
My HDVR2 won't power up.. no LEDs, no fan, hard disk doesn't spin up. Looks like the power supply is shot. Has anyone sent a hacked HDVR2 back to DirecTV to have it fixed? Will they repair it under warranty, assuming that it goes back with the original HD/image in it?

Thanks
Mike

Meathead
01-03-2004, 06:14 PM
They should. I sent back a Series 1 that I put back in the original drive. They sent me a new System.

My HDVR2 won't power up.. no LEDs, no fan, hard disk doesn't spin up. Looks like the power supply is shot. Has anyone sent a hacked HDVR2 back to DirecTV to have it fixed? Will they repair it under warranty, assuming that it goes back with the original HD/image in it?

Thanks
Mike

GREEK
01-04-2004, 06:44 PM
The supplies in them are REAL shady, I ahve a bunch here like this. Pop the 2 screws out and squeeze the 5 white plastic holding tabs and pop it out. 90% I see have burn on the supply and a ground out burn to the chassis. Alot of them dont work even after a new supply is put in, seems to take out the board too. FIRST, reseat all the cables, maybe its the ribbon to and from the mainboard.........