PDA

View Full Version : Service staus has changed...help!!1

Builder
01-04-2004, 11:01 AM
I have had my standalone TIVO for over a year. It was purchased on eBay with a bad drive. After installing new drives and a bunch of add on hacks I discovered I was lucky enough to have snagged a life time sub. My tivo was not used for about a month. When I switched to the video input for the TIVO I noticed it was lockup. So I rebooted and all was fine. However, the sub status has now changed to new and is giving 6 days to purchase. Does anyone have any idea what happened?? With Sub info being stored on the tsop is this possible. Did TIVO take away my sub?? If so using a turbo net card any way to get the guide update free?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Builder

captain_video
01-04-2004, 01:46 PM
If the SA Tivo had a legitimate lifetime sub then it should re-establish the account status when it dials in to Tivo HQ. Just force a daily call and the account status should update to the correct indication.

AVD
01-06-2004, 10:09 PM
If the SA Tivo had a legitimate lifetime sub then it should re-establish the account status when it dials in to Tivo HQ. Just force a daily call and the account status should update to the correct indication.

An the converse is true:

If the image you had was for a lifetime subscription, and you install on a unsubbed TiVo, the system information will show a "lifetime subscription" until you make a daily call to TiVo, in which case the service status will be updated to reflect the correct value.