PDA

View Full Version : hdvr7000 and extraction almost there

det
01-04-2004, 12:37 PM
hey all dvr7000 working great i used the sleeper iso.....but have a few questions about extraction before i jump in... i got the newest one it is tytool8r3 but a bit confused will i need to tranfer the NowShowing.tcl and the tserver_msf7 files to the tivo? and since the sleeper iso has an older version of this already on it will i have edit the rc.sysinit file to make it execute at boot up? from what i have read there all named tserver_msf7.
thanks

captain_video
01-04-2004, 01:51 PM
All you have to do is transfer the new files over to the Tivo and overwrite the older versions. You do not have to edit the rc.sysinit file. You will have to make them executable with a chmod 777 (filename). Look in the extraction forum and get snoopy's everything.zip file that contains the latest mips versions of the Tivo-side tytools programs. It's in the "Where are the files?" sticky thread.

det
01-04-2004, 02:15 PM
thanks!!!!

rdawg
01-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Det,

You dont even need to do the transfer, I used Sleepers ISO and just launched the tserver with the bash prompt. Then just launch the TyTool application and connect with the IP of your Tivo. Works like a champ!

captain_video
01-04-2004, 06:18 PM
This issue is that the TyTool files on Sleeper's ISO are out of date and not the latest versions. While you may be able to launch it from the boot CD it doesn't make sense to be using the older version of the program.

det
01-04-2004, 08:03 PM
rdawg are the extractions that you have extracted from your tivo good or same quality? what would be the difference from just leaving it alone? can you tell a difference? or are some bugs just fixed?
thanks