PDA

View Full Version : HELP Sony T60 stuck on Acquiring Information

krazy
01-04-2004, 10:32 PM
GREEK has tried to help me with this unit in the past, every couple of weeks I try to see if I can find anything to fix, here goes another shot. Need to get this shipped off to GREEK if I cant find help somewhere else. PLEASE HELP ME.

I need help fixing my Tivo that died on me, one day it worked, the next it stopped receiving live TV. Upon startup it gets to "Last step : Acquiring Information from the satellite"
and it wont get past 0%

I can get to all the menus and stuff, but I cant get live TV. I can also get to the guided setup where I also run into this problem after I check the signal on each transponder. The next page lists:
"Checking the satellite dish setup based on your dish type (Round)..."

Results in the error of:
"Satellite 101 (A): not detected"

Heres some info that I have:

- Sony T60 with version 2.5 (Also tried 2.5.2 and 3.1)
- Round dual-lnb dish.
- Other DTV recievers work on the same cord and dish.
- Receive 90%+ signal on all transponders. Expect: 30&34 have about 55% signal. 18, 26, & 28 have 0% signal (All transponders are very close to my regular unit.)

PM me if you can think of anything that would help me solve my problem. If this requires parts I would be willing to pay for them. Or maybe someone can point me to a repair shop somewhere. Please let me know.

Thanks!

AlphaWolf
01-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a dead tuner. You might try enabling the other tuner (if possible, not sure if it will be or not) and then checking the signal strength when the cable is plugged into it just to make sure.

krazy
01-05-2004, 02:44 AM
Sounds like a dead tuner. You might try enabling the other tuner (if possible, not sure if it will be or not) and then checking the signal strength when the cable is plugged into it just to make sure.

When enabling the 2nd tuner the signal stays the same. The 2nd tuner has about the same the signal quality. On a side note I never used the 2nd tuner, ever.

I have a wireless Airnet with an 802.11B PCMCIA card for the unit, would I be able to download the guide through broadband? I am a newb and never got it up and working. Thanks for the suggestion.

GREEK
01-05-2004, 03:20 AM
The tivo will only acquire through tuner #1, not #2. If you have signal on all transponders, and its a good signal, its either logic or a bad i5505 chip. Could be a tuner, but usually a bad QSPK chip will be dead or hold up IC2 bus at almost there screen. Find a tuner and a receiver with a good i5505 chip (any newer RCA) adn have someone swap them. Its a long shot, but you sound desperate.....