PDA

View Full Version : WinHex Error Trying to write preview fix

blaze7712
01-07-2004, 09:06 PM
When I try to write the bin image to the UTV hard drive I am getting the following error "invalid file: user.txt do not proceed"

anyone have any ideas why I am getting this error? I am following the directions very accurately. Any help would be appreciated.

cyberbob25
01-08-2004, 12:54 AM
When I try to write the bin image to the UTV hard drive I am getting the following error "invalid file: user.txt do not proceed"

anyone have any ideas why I am getting this error? I am following the directions very accurately. Any help would be appreciated.

You must have a full (non-evaluation) copy of winhex. This error most likely means that your version of winhex is not properly registered. If you are using a crack, you'd better find a better one.

klassic
01-08-2004, 08:09 AM
were you trying a different copy of winhex before you were getting this error?

blaze7712
01-08-2004, 12:28 PM
As cyberbob suggests I was using a crack. I just decided to bite the bullet and get a registered copy. It's worth getting my UTV working without any further headaches. Thanks for the help guys.

Madmanboy
01-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Im having the same problem except I can get my WinHex 10.3 to write version 3.5,but once I install it back into the receiver all it does it go to webtv. any suggestion?

jmk024
02-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Hello Guys.

I am new to this how do I Put the bin on my utv With WinHex? I have the 3.5 Bin from tivostuff.com and I formated my Utv hard drive and how do I put the bin on it can u Guys help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thanks

Jmk2822
jm2822@cavtel.net