PDA

View Full Version : UTV Hard drive fix

t_nehpets
01-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi all,

Thanks to lots of generous help, I've been able to unlock & zero my UTV hard disk (it's got 3.7 on it, need to get back to 3.5).

Here's where I'm stuck - WinHex! I've tried a couple of keys, but everytime I try to write the 3.5 image, I get "Invalid file: user.txt".

Can anyone help me get around this? Is it the key, or is it something to do with the image I'm trying to write??

I'll re-cap what I've done... I click Tools\Disk Tools\Clone disk. The source file is my UTV 3.5 image, the destination is Hard disk 1, ST340825A (37.3 GB), the start sector is 631811 and I am selecting "Copy entire source file", then Okay.

It's at this point I get the error message "Invalid file: user.txt. Do not proceed". Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
---
Steve

djohn
01-11-2004, 09:32 PM
You are trying to use a pirated copy of winhex. You have to have a legit registered version to get it to be able to read the drive.

Some people recently bought the program to install the browser fix, you might be able to purchase their copy since they didn't act like they wanted to buy it for one use but went ahead since they wanted their UTVs fixed.