PDA

View Full Version : SD-DVR40 DVR2 Boot Loop - HELP!!

bernstma
01-14-2004, 01:16 AM
I took a fresh image of original tivo drive an reimaged to 120gig maxtor. I monted, the drive got Tivoweb, ethernet etc.. working fine. I did a mfsadd to add a second drive and now it continues to loop when rebooting after it gets to the "Almost There"screen.

GREEK
01-15-2004, 12:59 AM
this isnt a hardware problem actually, it technically belongs in S2 section. What command line did you actually run to add the B drive.

bernstma
01-16-2004, 11:07 AM
this isnt a hardware problem actually, it technically belongs in S2 section. What command line did you actually run to add the B drive.

I had the Tivo A drive on /dev/hdc and the Tivo B (New Large Drive) on /dev/hdd. I used the mfsadd -x /dev/hdc /dev/hdd command line. No errors and it gave me new estimated hours. I tried this in several situations changing drives etc..

I got one configuration to work. I took the 120 gig drive and imaged it with my original tivo A image. I then used the same command but made the original 40gig drive the slave. Everything boots up fine and everything is working. I think it must be the way the maxtor drives see each other on the ide controller.