PDA

View Full Version : Broken RCA UTV from Ebay

kiidutv
01-14-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi...I just purchased an RCA UTV from Ebay and it has a broken power supply. The seller says the UTV powers up but when I received it, there was no power. I opened the unit and sure enough, the power supply was damaged. The PCB was bent in several places.

Does anyone know how to fix that? Can I just resolder the points broken contacts on the bottom of the PCB.

Does anyone have a broken UTV that they are willing to sell for parts? I only need a working power supply.

Any ideas on how to fix this or if anyone has a broken RCA UTV that they want to sell for part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin.

Kazak
01-14-2004, 10:22 AM
I would certainly try to repair the PS. I've seen this kind of damage on cct boards before and had pretty good success in repairing them. I always lay a small bare wire across the break in the cct trace. If you just bridge it with solder, it will crack again later.

Good luck, :)
kazak

GREEK
01-15-2004, 03:59 AM
If its only the supply you can easily solder a fix. I fixed a broken T60 front panel board that was in 5 pieces stepped on and its like new. Just use smallest guage wire and if your not a pro solderer trace points back to a tack and heat that spot up and pop the wire on with a dab of solder. Its more work but easier to trace out..............

kiidutv
01-17-2004, 05:01 PM
I was able to resolder the contact points. Now my UTV is a happy UTV.

Thanks again for your help.

Kazak
01-17-2004, 08:01 PM
I was able to resolder the contact points. Now my UTV is a happy UTV.

Thanks again for your help.

Great news. :D
Congrats!

kazak