PDA

View Full Version : Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...

rmarshll
01-17-2004, 06:20 PM
"Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks..."

This is what i get from every transfer using TyTool8r4p1?

I have a Sony Sat-T60 with sw ver 2.5.2..

What am I doing Wrong.. everything connects properly?

Im pretty new to all of this.. so if there is somewhere i should be reading please let me know.

bato
01-17-2004, 09:04 PM
My guess is that you didn't disable scramble before recording.

rmarshll
01-17-2004, 11:20 PM
ok i have reconfigured my Tivo so that it doesnot scramble. i am still getting the same message. any idea what else i can try

NutKase
01-17-2004, 11:30 PM
ok i have reconfigured my Tivo so that it doesnot scramble. i am still getting the same message. any idea what else i can try

So, in 5 hours you learned all you needed to know to set your tivo to record video unscrambled? Congratulations, it takes most much longer.

If the files you're trying to extract were recorded 'scrambled' you won't be able to extract them, hence bato's response that 'you didn't have your tivo RECORDING unscrambled video.

If you've successfully set your tivo to record unscrambled video you should try to extract a new unscrambled one and post your results.

NutKase

rmarshll
01-18-2004, 05:13 AM
Thanks for all the help..

I can now extract files with Tytools and watch them..

I figured out that when i was rebooting the noscramble was not working .. so i used the cat /proc/modules command to verify that the noscramble was loaded then i started recording and extracting.. Bingo! then it stopped giving me that error message. I appriciate the Replys..

im still having trouble getting the Now showing list with TyStudio.. i guess i only need to use TyTools to extract but it would be nice to know why TyStudio is not connecting the Now Showing List...

NutKase
01-18-2004, 11:59 AM
i guess i only need to use TyTools to extract but it would be nice to know why TyStudio is not connecting the Now Showing List...

Use one or the other. TyStudio isn't updated very often but both have a following.

NutKase