PDA

View Full Version : DSR6000 - "Almost there.." hang

safehouseinc
01-19-2004, 11:58 AM
I have a stock DSR6000 that gets stuck at "Almost there..." after powering up. Took the HD out of my brothers' unit (not a stock drive, but stock install) and the system works fine. Anything easy I can try to fix this? It's obviously a software issue. Don't mind pulling the drive and running it in my PC, but not too familiar with Linux.

cali
01-19-2004, 12:47 PM
I have a stock DSR6000 that gets stuck at "Almost there..." after powering up. Took the HD out of my brothers' unit (not a stock drive, but stock install) and the system works fine. Anything easy I can try to fix this? It's obviously a software issue. Don't mind pulling the drive and running it in my PC, but not too familiar with Linux.

What SW version? Are you 100% sure his drive is a "stock image"?

captain_video
01-19-2004, 02:07 PM
It could be a corrupted OS image or your hard drive could be kaput. Try running a diagnostic on the hard drive using the manufacturer's software available from their website. If the drive checks out then you should probably install 2.5Xtreme and Superzap's 2.5.2 upgrade. Check out my tutorial here (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=112382&highlight=Heres+a+detailed+tutorial#post112382) for installing 2.5Xtreme and upgrading to 2.5.2.

GREEK
01-19-2004, 07:49 PM
I know what cali is sniffing at. I'd bet you have 252 or 25 and your brother has 3.1 right? Search for modemtest on here. You'll find what your looking for. Captains advice is solid also. THats your next step if my suspicions arent correct...............