PDA

View Full Version : Web Tv screen on a non upgraded drive

hockeyman
01-21-2004, 07:56 PM
My sister is running a Rca utv.I have never ever dicked with this thing at all...as far as upgrading the hd.It has original seagate 40gb hd in it..Anyways they sent her a P4 about 6 months ago and just the other night she went to bed woke up in morning and turned tv on to being stuck on Web tv....I have since double checked the IDE cable connection,did a few reset codes,the 411 code and i also jumpered the j1103 and it reset but still wants to dial into web tv.Do you possibly think the original HD just up and died?Let me know Ive been reading and reading and I see this prob with people who have upgraded there hd but like i said this one has never been touched.

Thanks
Hockeyman

Hockey

RandC
01-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Unplug the unit and let it set a few minutes before plugging it back in. If you still come up to the connecting to Web TV screen the drive may have erased itself and is trying to download the software. Try downloading and see if that fixes your problem.

cyberbob25
01-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Yes...randc is correct. It appears that the OS has gotten corrupted and it wants to download it.

If it actually starts to connect, rather than telling you that you need to contact RCA, then it means that it has at least detected and unlocked your hard drive, so I would eliminate that as being dead (maybe dying, but not dead). Also, you said you used the 411 code...what did that tell you? It should list hard drive information there as well, another sign that the hard drive is indeed recognized.

Best choice for getting her back up and running is to just let it run the download.

hockeyman
01-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys but she lives in Montana and she tried to get it to connect and it wont and I live in Canada this is where im trying to fix it from so i guess i cant connect, should I unlock the drive then write the image back onto it.

Thanks guys

cyberbob25
01-22-2004, 02:27 PM
If you find yourself a free dial-up ISP in canada, you can still do it that way, just configure it to connect to your ISP, and it will automatically connect to the MSN servers.

Otherwise, yes, you will have to write the image to it. As for unlocking, you can either use the hot-swap method (shorter), or put the drive in your computer and run MHD3 on it (longer).