PDA

View Full Version : DSR6000 Random Reboot

MonsieurEd
01-22-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm getting random lockups and reboots. Did a "deep scan" on my Seagate drive (ST3120023A) using Seagate Tools and it found no errors. Temps under 40c.

It happens in 2 different ways:

#1) Just watching TV and it just reboots itself (has happened - that I have SEEN - 5 or 6 times in the last 5-6 months. Could have happened when I wasn't watching).

#2) Picture breaks up into pixelation, screen goes black, nothing responds, and only unplugging and restarting brings it back. (has happened a couple times in the last couple weeks)

Running xplusz 3.1

Any thoughts ?

captain_video
01-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Could be a hard drive on its way out. Try reseating the ribbon cable between the power supply and tghe mainboard. This cable causes more problems than I can count. Clean the contacts with a pencil erasor and flip it end for end when you reinsert it. You may have to reseat it several times to get it working right. If that doesn't fix it then I'd reinstall 2.5Xtreme and the upgrade to 3.1 and see if that clears it up.

MonsieurEd
01-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks ... I'll give that a try. I ran the Seagate diags, took 5hrs and said everything was fine. I just put the *@(!! thing back together. :)

vu2vu
01-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Check the parlex cable. They are the cause for all sorts of crazy things on dtivo's. Mine has similar problem and kept getting worst until I changed out the cable.