PDA

View Full Version : Directivo Series2 will not record certain shows

duhh
01-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey,
I've got a brand new hughes dvr40 ... newest 3.x software ... I have attempted to get a season pass for USA's MONK with no avail. The season pass registors, it even shows the upcoming episodes, but it does not mark them for recording (yellow circle with check mark in it). I have deleted and reselected the season pass with every option type different. They are never marked for recording and do NOT show up in the to do list. Ive tried 5 eps / All eps | new only / new and old | delete automatically / until i delete.

Of course i do get USA network ... I can watch the show normally if i want

One curious thing I noticed about monk, is that it doesnt ever have any dates dislayed in the directv guide info. Everything else i can recall recrding is marked 2003/2004 etc in the guide data. ... could this have something to do with it ?

If I manually select each program for recording, it seems to work ... but 1) thats a pain in the butt and 2) i bought a tivo so i could set it and forget it

TheWickedPriest
01-24-2004, 10:01 PM
This is not a DirecTivo problem, but rather a DirecTV problem -- the guide data is bad. The original air date is missing, so a FRO pass fails. You'll have to either change the SP to include reruns, or mark them manually.

I'd say it was a USA channel problem, except that, apparently, standalones aren't having the problem. (Standalones get their data from Tivo; DirecTivos get it from DirecTV. They, in turn, both get it from Tribune; but it comes out a little differently on each service -- I hear there's sometimes more detail in the Tivo data.) So it's something between DirecTV and USA... complain to DirecTV. (Of course, most DirecTV channels/shows don't have the problem, either.)

You can read a lot more about this over on TivoCommunity, in the Season Pass Alert forum.

Edit: Oops, I see where you said you did try including reruns. That should've worked... I haven't actually tried it myself, though. But yeah, you guessed the problem right.

If nothing else works, you could always resort to a manual recording. :-/

GREEK
01-25-2004, 02:51 AM
TCF is the place for this, check your post there, those guys have the season pass section for this type of problem...........