PDA

View Full Version : gxcebot stuck at powering up

justroln
01-24-2004, 02:26 PM
I am buying another hughes gxcebot from a guy on another board. He says it sticks at powering up. He doesnt know how to fix it. What could be the possible problems? Sorry for the vague explanataion but i want to see if this is worth getting.
Thanks

Daige2
01-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I am buying another hughes gxcebot from a guy on another board. He says it sticks at powering up. He doesnt know how to fix it. What could be the possible problems? Sorry for the vague explanataion but i want to see if this is worth getting.
Thanks

I have a SD-DVR40 and i put the wrong image on the hard drive and thats what mine did !
It would say powering up please wait and then power off and lock up !
dead to the world !
MAke sure you get the right image for that version reciever and you should be all set, just hope he didnt fry anything !

justroln
01-24-2004, 04:12 PM
I have a SD-DVR40 and i put the wrong image on the hard drive and thats what mine did !
It would say powering up please wait and then power off and lock up !
dead to the world !
MAke sure you get the right image for that version reciever and you should be all set, just hope he didnt fry anything !

From what ive read getting to the powering up point mean that the hard drive is bad or the sw. I only hope that it isnt a tuner or a bad chip. Any possible problems?

Loopie111
01-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Usually a HD problem (incorrect jumper, bad image, broken HD). Could be powersupply also. Beware! some people fake this problem to sell their junk tivo. Remember you usually get what you pay for.

GREEK
01-25-2004, 02:48 AM
I'd tell anybody that isnt comfortable with hardware repairs to stay away from these. It is alot worst dealing with welcome screen than almost there. Welcome comes off the board, so you only know the tivo powers on. Almost there is the drive interacting with the baord, and you can get bash access, can at least know whats wrong even if you can fix. It can be a dead drive, bad jumpers/software, or a number of hardware problems, dont pay too much, and count on a parts machine so your not pissed if it dont work in the end............