PDA

View Full Version : Force 3.1.0b update?

grog54321
01-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there's a way to force the 3.1.0b update? I'm currently at 3.1.0 and didn't get the update since I don't have a phoneline attached. I have a turbonet and tried setting the dial prefix to ",#401" and forced a call which succeeded (status showed housekeeping, data download, etc.) but I didn't get the upgrade.

I don't want the update to just magically appear at some point because I have a number of hacks installed including noscramble so I'd like to force the update so I can fix my hacks right away.

Any ideas?

Thx

ronnythunder
01-27-2004, 08:15 PM
there's no way to "hurry it up". however, it seems odd that you wouldn't have gotten it with a successful dialin, unless it *must* be an actual phoneline connection, rather than an ethernet deal. any chance you can hook up a phone line temporarily and try a call?

other than that, you could try to find the slices and upgrade using them ..

ronny

01-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Due to a hard disk failure I had to go back to my original 2.5.1 40 Gig drive.
My first call (turbonet) got me 2.5.2. Based on posts from TCF I forced a "real phone" call, I then switched back to turbonet. After about a week of turbonet calls my unit was upgraded to 3.10b.

I used the procedures found on this board to allow me to hack without having to pull the hard drive. Do a search it works fine.

Forcing extra calls won't help. You'll get upgraded when tivo feels like it. I think they balance out the bandwidth.

grog54321
01-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Due to a hard disk failure I had to go back to my original 2.5.1 40 Gig drive.
My first call (turbonet) got me 2.5.2. Based on posts from TCF I forced a "real phone" call, I then switched back to turbonet. After about a week of turbonet calls my unit was upgraded to 3.10b.

I used the procedures found on this board to allow me to hack without having to pull the hard drive. Do a search it works fine.

Forcing extra calls won't help. You'll get upgraded when tivo feels like it. I think they balance out the bandwidth.
I'm not too worried about losing my hacks because those are easy to restore once you have a bash prompt. But how did you get bash back without pulling the drive? I didn't know this was possible. Or is telnet still available after the upgrade?

01-27-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm not too worried about losing my hacks because those are easy to restore once you have a bash prompt. But how did you get bash back without pulling the drive? I didn't know this was possible. Or is telnet still available after the upgrade?

Do a search, I think the post was from last summer. Basically you're adding a few steps to the install procedure (killing intrid, bash).

Snatch
01-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Sorry if this have been asked already, but what does 3.1.0b provide?

ronnythunder
01-29-2004, 01:43 AM
3.1.0b mainly fixes the "28% problem", closed captioning sync and maybe a couple of other little things. the 28% deal is a biggie for those who have been bitten by it.

ronny

Lowcarb
02-04-2004, 08:28 PM
3.1.0b mainly fixes the "28% problem", closed captioning sync and maybe a couple of other little things. the 28% deal is a biggie for those who have been bitten by it.

ronny

My Series 1 dtivo dsr6000 is at 3.1.0b-02-1-001

My just out of the box series 2 SD-DVR40 is at 3.1.1-01-2-351.

Is 3.1.1 newer than 3.1.0b ?

I want to be at the current level before I apply sleeper's .iso scripts but I'm confused by their version numbering scheme. Am I up to date or not?