PDA

View Full Version : Only odd transponders

SrChem
01-27-2004, 03:19 PM
I have a DSR6000 that lost the Sat inputs. A quick swap with another DSR6000 indicates all is well with both signals from the dish. I replaced both LNB's and both tuners with new. Now I get plenty of signal but only on even transponders. Swapped power supply's with no change. Same with white ribbon cable - no change.

What's the next thing for me to look at and where is it located on the mother board?
Thank you.

cali
01-27-2004, 08:32 PM
I have a DSR6000 that lost the Sat inputs. A quick swap with another DSR6000 indicates all is well with both signals from the dish. I replaced both LNB's and both tuners with new. Now I get plenty of signal but only on even transponders. Swapped power supply's with no change. Same with white ribbon cable - no change.

What's the next thing for me to look at and where is it located on the mother board?
Thank you.
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26733&highlight=odd+transponders ;)

That should take care of you for now.

GREEK
01-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Exactly what cali linked to. you need to know where the chips came from. Realisticly, you gotta pin out the supply feeds to the chips/tuners (2 x 30v feeds, 1 x 24v feed) and make sure these chips work. If you had no sat inputs before, you may have just had a bad 30v line or sinilar scenario. Grab the schematics off the forum, and start referencing voltages for the 30v and 24v lines. In rare cases, supply feeds to the tuner qspk (5v, 3.3v) can cause wierd stuff. I would yank both chips and tuners, and then pin out the board in the right spots. Then add a set at a time, and make sure all the voltages are there. Like cali, I too think your lnbp chips are to blame, thats the core component that swithces odd and even, 13v and 18v to the tuner. Just DONT accidentally short 24 and 30 volt lines out if you test near the lnbp chips, you'll have a boat anchor there...........