PDA

View Full Version : HELP...DSR7000 Studdering and Freezing

GTPBoy
01-30-2004, 07:25 PM
I purchased a DSR7000 about 3 months ago and hacked it. The Tivo started randomly studdering and Freezing after hacking it. I hacked it from virgin so I dont know if I would have done it without the hacks. Well I decided to start with the basics and ran Western Digital's drive diagnostics and that upgrade drive failed. I got a new drive and started over, put my fresh virgin image on the drive, got sleepers iso and ran the monte hacks. Everything went as it should. I hooked up the tivo and everything worked perfectly. About 10 minutes into watching programming it started studdering and freezing again. This is a new drive and I patched it using a different technique than before, what is causing this? Is it downloading updates from the Sat Stream or something?

Thanks for any help offered,

GTPBoy

GREEK
01-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Stick a P4/P5 in there and then see what happens............

GTPBoy
03-11-2004, 05:33 AM
The system came with a P4 and that is what it is using. The studdering and everything else just wont go away. I have decided just to return it to a virgin state but am looking for a DSR7000 original image to restore with, the previous drive has disappeared.

Thanks,

GTPBoy

captain_video
03-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Your original DSR7000 image may have been corrupted. I got a brand new DSR7000 right out of the factory fresh box that had this problem. I used the image from another DSR7000 I had and the problem never came back.