PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Errors With TivoWebPlus

boxster99t
01-31-2004, 10:09 PM
I also posted this in the TivoWebPlus thread, and the response was other people are not having the problem, so I'm assuming there is something that I need to fix with my DTivo. After searching I found several posts where there were TMK Assertion Errors but no advice was given on how to fix whatever is wrong. So I could use some help.

In short I installed the 1.0-rc4 version of TivoWebPlus (as instructed in the readme) and it's crashing everytime I try to play a show from the now playing list. I access the Now Playing List on my PC (running IE 6.0), by entering Screen, Tivo, Now Playing List, select the first item in the list, then play, and then it tries to execute the play command, and eventually crashes the Tivo.

On the off chance that I had a bad download, I've re-downloaded everything, exited Tivoweb and deleted everything and then reinstalled, and it doesn't change anything.

The console reports

TIVO: {/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl} % Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.179

To view the blocks, run:
$TIVO_ROOT/devbin/poolview.tcl <app-with-symbols> /tmp/BlockFailure.179

In the UI that comes up, find your leaked block by address (see above)
This will help you identify the type and ownership of the blocks.

Common causes for leaks:
- Circular refs. Redefine ownership without circular dependency
- Explicit Malloc or GetChunk without Free or ReturnChunk
- Use of non-TmkCore objects, without using delete operator (TmkLock for exam
ple)

Tmk Assertion Failure:
BlockFailure, line 2150 ()
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <179> died due to signal -2

I've also done a full restart twice.

This is ran on a SAT T-60, SW 3.1.0B-02-1011, with the lba48 Kernel for large disk support and cachecard.

The attached file is a printout of the error message printed out to console when it crashed. I've ran chmod on various files and directories (but later discovered that it isn't going to solve the problem). If you need more information to help me find a solution, please let me know.

splitsec
02-01-2004, 12:19 AM
have you tried without the cachecard (and any respective drivers)...

Not pointing fingers at the cache card, but it would help eliminate a variable..

Split

boxster99t
02-01-2004, 01:05 AM
have you tried without the cachecard (and any respective drivers)...

Not pointing fingers at the cache card, but it would help eliminate a variable..

Split

No I haven't, because the cachecard is the network card through which I can access Tivo web in the first place. And others are running the cachecard and don't have this issue, so wouldn't that eliminate cachecard as a variable?