PDA

View Full Version : Backup image and slice begging thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

unitron
07-21-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm looking for an image for a TCD24008A.

The other images I have used have not let me use my USB/Ethernet adapter. If anyone has an image that will let me get connected I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
C023M is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

I just replied to you over on TCF. Allow me to quote myself.

"Assuming that what's needed is the most recent version of the software for that model, I may have what you need. I've used it successfully with a Netgear FA120. Email me and let me know if you need the MFS Live v1.4 version or the WinMFS version.

What brand and model of adapter are you trying to use.

If you're getting a successful restore that just won't use your adapter what follows doesn't apply.

If you aren't getting a successful restore, it might apply. Either way, I leave it here for the enlightenment of future readers.

It occurs to me that the problem you are having might be related to the stock drive in that model being a Maxtor 80GB that's a few sectors bigger than the 80GB WD TiVo used in later models, which means you'll need to restore to either something as big as that original Maxtor or larger, unless perhaps you specify a smaller than original swap partition size, in which case you'll need to use the MFS Live cd v1.4."

Mfusick
08-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I need an image for my TIVO HD 2160.

It died and I need to replace the stock drive. Since the original stock drive has failed I need the software to load onto my replacement drive and restore my tivo back to life.

Can anyone help?

My email MFusick@aol.com

I would consider paypal for someone who can help me significantly.

Thinkdiff
08-27-2011, 05:20 AM
I need an image for my TIVO HD 2160.

It died and I need to replace the stock drive. Since the original stock drive has failed I need the software to load onto my replacement drive and restore my tivo back to life.

Can anyone help?

Check your PM.

rpweaver
08-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I have an RCA DVR40 that lost a hard drive (6.4a) several years ago. I restored the original backup (3.1) which has not been upgraded in almost 2 years with many attempts to force the upgrade with a phone connection the whole time. I bought an RCA DVR40 on EBAY that turned out to be a Hughes DVR80 with 6.4a with a failing hard drive. A backup of that one gives me a system that reboots when attempting to use/reconfigure the phone. Can anyone save me $40 (instantcake ripoff, DTV should supply this for download for free). A backup from the RCA DVR80 (working fine) doesn't work on the DVR40 (?). If anyone wants the 3.1 backup let me know. Also, I have the original backup from early Standalone Series 1 TIVO.

PlainBill
08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I have an RCA DVR40 that lost a hard drive (6.4a) several years ago. I restored the original backup (3.1) which has not been upgraded in almost 2 years with many attempts to force the upgrade with a phone connection the whole time. I bought an RCA DVR40 on EBAY that turned out to be a Hughes DVR80 with 6.4a with a failing hard drive. A backup of that one gives me a system that reboots when attempting to use/reconfigure the phone. Can anyone save me $40 (instantcake ripoff, DTV should supply this for download for free). A backup from the RCA DVR80 (working fine) doesn't work on the DVR40 (?). If anyone wants the 3.1 backup let me know. Also, I have the original backup from early Standalone Series 1 TIVO.

I have a couple of suggestions that may help you. I am seeding torrents of 62small.mfs and mfslive-with-62.iso. Either will allow you to install a minimal image of 6.2 on a hard drive, then expand it to use the entire space on the drive. Google the highlighted text plus the word torrent to locate the torrents; use a client such as BitTorrent to download. Both will be available for at least the next two days.

This thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39866) and this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50788) should cover how to change the information displayed in 'System Information?' to match your hardware.

PlainBill

rpweaver
08-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you so much for this. However, I am having a fit trying to find these torrents. All I get is downloaded applications and pay download sites. I am a torrent virgin so you can understand my frustrations. I'm also no youngster so am a bit timid doing willy nilly downloads. I find sites but no obvious way to do any download except for untitled ad downloads. Grrrrr!!! I will continue to search but if you have the trick to this process, I would really be grateful.

PlainBill
08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Thank you so much for this. However, I am having a fit trying to find these torrents. All I get is downloaded applications and pay download sites. I am a torrent virgin so you can understand my frustrations. I'm also no youngster so am a bit timid doing willy nilly downloads. I find sites but no obvious way to do any download except for untitled ad downloads. Grrrrr!!! I will continue to search but if you have the trick to this process, I would really be grateful.

It seems a little daunting, but if a 60 year old can figure it out, you'll figure it out. You are right, the 'scammer' sites do complicate the matter.

First, download a torrent client. I use bittorrent (http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads). Now install and run it.

Here's a link (http://bitsnoop.com/62small-mfs-q23850574.html) to a site that has the torrent for 62small.mfs available free. Click on the 'Download Torrent' link on the right side of the page.

The same site (http://bitsnoop.com/mfslive-with-62-iso-q26024011.html) has the mfslive-with-62.iso torrent.

If you've set things up correctly, your browser will ask if you want to open the torrent with BitTorrent (or whatever), and the transfer will start automatically.

PlainBill

rpweaver
08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks, I got them both. What threw me off was the hex filename. Not something I am used to. I guess this works for both DVR40 and DVR80. The current SW version ends in 131 for the DVR40 and 151 for the DVR80. They don't seem to be cross compatible. Does the installation or initial setup make them HW specific?
Thanks again.

PlainBill
08-31-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks, I got them both. What threw me off was the hex filename. Not something I am used to. I guess this works for both DVR40 and DVR80. The current SW version ends in 131 for the DVR40 and 151 for the DVR80. They don't seem to be cross compatible. Does the installation or initial setup make them HW specific?
Thanks again.
That is a misconception on your part. Software for any model of Series 2 (this does not include the Series 2.5 R10) DirecTiVo will work on any other.

The complication is hard drive capacity. At the time the software is installed on the drive at the factory it takes up the entire drive, and this size is locked in. So if you made an image of a 40 Gig drive and restored it to a 39.995 Gig drive, it would not run on any system.

If, on the other hand, you made an image of a 39.995 gig drive you could install it on a 40 Gig drive and it would run on any model of Series 2 DirecTiVo. You could also install it on an 80 or 120 Gig drive and it would work, and could be expanded to the full capacity of the drive by using mfsadd.

Someone far brighter than I built the image from scratch, configuring it to run on a 1 Gig drive. Of course, that gives you very little room for recordings. However, by using mfsadd you can use the full capacity of the drive.

PlainBill

bernieglenn01
09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I am seeding torrents of 62small.mfs and mfslive-with-62.iso. Both will be available for at least the next two days.

There doesnt seem to be any seeding of these at the moment.

I would like to try "mfslive6b-with-62small.iso" to repair my deceased DVR40.

The Hard drive failed so I located a replacement drive. (blank)

shackeh
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Is there anyone who can supply a winmfs image for a Tivo HD TCD652160 by any chance? It would really save me!

Thanks!!

PlainBill
09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
There doesnt seem to be any seeding of these at the moment.

I would like to try "mfslive6b-with-62small.iso" to repair my deceased DVR40.

The Hard drive failed so I located a replacement drive. (blank)

They are certainly being seeded, I just checked. Have you retrieved the torrents from the site listed in post #1507?

PlainBill

bernieglenn01
09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
They are certainly being seeded, I just checked. Have you retrieved the torrents from the site listed in post #1507?

PlainBill

Yep. Those are the trackers I used.

Must be a problem on my end.

Although I do have "utorrent" setup and working fine.

I was downloading something else while those 2 trackers remain in "red status" showing no seeds.

I may give "bittorrent" a shot.

Thanks for letting me know they are in fact being seeded.

bernieglenn01
09-02-2011, 06:31 AM

PlainBill

After switching over to "bittorrent" the file seeded just fine.

I have never had any trouble with "utorrent" untill now.

Anyhow... "mfslive6b-with-62small.iso" worked perfectly.

The replacement drive is now installed in the receiver and the DVR40 lives once again.

Thanks for the download info.

alistair73
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I know it's old but I'd like to resurrect an old PTV100 but cannot find an image anywhere...the box has lifetime service =)

Thanks if you can help...

rpweaver
09-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I am attempting to get a torrent going with tivo.zip. This is a zipped backup made when I first bought my original TIVO. I've never done this before so no guarantees. The file is 163MB.

rpweaver
09-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Check your PM

SnakeEyes
09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
My original internal hard drive got messed up after trying to divorce a dying external drive. As I understand it, all I need to do is remove the original, connect it to a PC via sata/usb adaptor and restore the original software install from a proper image for my TiVo model and I should be back up and going, yes?

If so, can someone hook me up with a TiVo HD tcd652160 image?

Thinkdiff
09-05-2011, 10:54 PM
My original internal hard drive got messed up after trying to divorce a dying external drive. As I understand it, all I need to do is remove the original, connect it to a PC via sata/usb adaptor and restore the original software install from a proper image for my TiVo model and I should be back up and going, yes?

If so, can someone hook me up with a TiVo HD tcd652160 image?

Check your PMs

SnakeEyes
09-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Check your PMs

No dice. Please check your PMs :)

crust
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I need a tivo hd (tcd652160) image. I've tried on #tivo, but so far nothing (still open though in case somebody responds).

thanks
crust

SnakeEyes
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
#tivo? what network?

crust
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
#tivo? what network?

I believe it is on efnet, but I am on there still and so far nothing. I cannot believe this image is that hard to find.

Legacy777
09-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm looking for a virgin 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel. I've found all the previous kernels but have been running into dead ends with that one. If anyone can help, it be much appreciated.

Thanks

PlainBill
09-06-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm looking for a virgin 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel. I've found all the previous kernels but have been running into dead ends with that one. If anyone can help, it be much appreciated.

Thanks

This may do it. Unzip the attached file and load the included torrent into Bittorrent or whichever torrent client you prefer. I'll be seeding it for at least the next two days.

PlainBill

Legacy777
09-07-2011, 07:24 AM
That worked.

Thank you very much!

crust
09-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Delete ... Didn't realize I'd already posted.

Thinkdiff
09-08-2011, 02:46 AM
I need a tivo hd (tcd652160) image. I've tried on #tivo, but so far nothing (still open though in case somebody responds).

thanks
crust

You've got a pm

crust
09-08-2011, 11:53 AM
I need a 1.04 PROM image for the Tivo HD.

I know this request is old, but I'd like the 1.04 prom for the HD as well. I am getting ready to pull mine and there is always a chance it will get damaged and I can't read it.

Thanks

THE NASTY ONE
09-12-2011, 09:05 PM
SAME OLD, SAME OLD. I HAVE 2 DEAD TIVO'S: HUMAX T800 SERIES 2, AND PREMIERE TCD746320. I WILL NEED IMAGES FOR BOTH AND A LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS TO REVIVE THEM. I WILL BE USING WINMFS IF THAT HELPS. PLEASE HELP! I'M MISSING EVERYTHING AND APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. :o :confused:

zedfry
09-12-2011, 09:43 PM
My hard drive started to fail and as I was backing it up I started hearing the dreaded clicking from the drive. I can't find my original backup. Anyone have a backup image for an old Philips Series 1. Model PTV300/HDR31203? Thanks.

crust
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM
I know this request is old, but I'd like the 1.04 prom for the HD as well. I am getting ready to pull mine and there is always a chance it will get damaged and I can't read it.
Thanks
Ok, I pulled mine so here is a virgin prom

unitron
09-17-2011, 12:04 AM
I think the more they're downloaded, the longer they get left on the server.

No doubt it'll take forever and you'll have to watch some ads, but it's free, so...

649_gset.bak (254.5 MB)
MFS Live v1.4 TCD649080 truncated backup
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4syq2n

649_gset.tbk (213.6 MB)
WinMFS TCD649080 truncated backup
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vzx8sb

unitron
09-17-2011, 02:45 PM

No doubt it'll take forever and you'll have to watch some ads, but it's free, so...

MFS Live v1.4 TCD24008A truncated backup

240_gset.bak (239.6 MB)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cf6vd3

WinMFS TCD24008A truncated backup image

240_GSet.tbk (183.6 MB)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5032ip

unitron
09-17-2011, 02:58 PM

File Name: 540_gset.bak
Description: MFS Live v1.4 TCD540040 truncated backup
Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lfgcxy

File Name: 540_GSet.tbk
Description: WinMFS TCD540040 truncated backup
Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r3how3

It'll take forever and you have to sit through advertising, but it isn't costing either of us anything other than that.

bigguy333
09-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Does anyone have a tcd240 4.0.1b image? I really would like it please :)

PlainBill
09-18-2011, 12:08 AM

I may be able to dig one up, but as a matter of curiosity, Why? While it will run on both the TCD240xx TiVos and the non-RID DirecTiVos, it's pretty much useless. It won't receive guide data on the TiVos, and the later releases of software for the DirecTiVos have significantly better performance.

PlainBill

Soapm
09-18-2011, 01:06 AM
While you're in the giving mood anyone have a TCD746320 image?

I just bought a Tivo that was upgraded to 2TB so I don't have the original image to fall back on in the event of a drive crash etc...

unitron
09-18-2011, 01:13 AM
While you're in the giving mood anyone have a TCD746320 image?

I just bought a Tivo that was upgraded to 2TB so I don't have the original image to fall back on in the event of a drive crash etc...

You should have insisted on getting the original hard drive as part of the deal.

I don't think there is such a thing as a Premiere backup image.

Go read the threads on TCF where people trying to use MFS Live and/or WinMFS on one have screwed up their original drives.

Find someone selling the same model cheap and don't subscribe it, just hold it for parts (original drive, power supply, case, lights, etc.)

bigguy333
09-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I have a whole slew of hacks and stuff for 4.0.1b but my drive crashed and I can't find that version anywhere... would be great if you could find it. I would be very very happy :D.

unitron
09-18-2011, 01:48 AM
I have a whole slew of hacks and stuff for 4.0.1b but my drive crashed and I can't find that version anywhere... would be great if you could find it. I would be very very happy :D.

And those hacks won't work with any other version of the 240 software?

Exactly which model TiVo do you have?

bigguy333
09-18-2011, 01:59 AM
the tcd24008a, I think it's probably what i'm used to.... it just that i have all my documentation on how I did it, and I was just hoping to restore it to the way it was.

unitron
09-18-2011, 02:11 AM
the tcd24008a, I think it's probably what i'm used to, and I know it.... I have all my documentation on how I did it, and I was just hoping to restore it to the way it was.

Well, if you go back up the page a ways you'll see I just posted links to TCD24008A images, but they're of the current version of the software. 9.something I think.

bigguy333
09-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Yeah I got those, thank you, but that was too new for what I am trying to do. oh and btw i'm trying 7.2 right now. Sigh to no avail, 7.2.2-oth doesn't quite work for me either :(, i'm so sad.

bigguy333
09-18-2011, 11:26 PM
if anyone has 7.2.1-oth image for tcd240 I would love to try that one. Thanks! Also I found the exact file name I think I need for 4.0.1b it's Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs. I hope that helps. I even bought a instant cake image, sigh, it's version 9.x, really really sucks. I contacted support and they don't downgrade. So yeah, if anyone out there has any of these older images, I would be very grateful! --Edit I found one on emule, it's slowly downloading, i'll up it here in case anyone else wants it... if it works, i'll test it first.

bigguy333
09-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Can someone explain what a tivo slice is and what it's used for?

PlainBill
09-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Can someone explain what a tivo slice is and what it's used for?
A 'slice' is a file that is used to upgrade a release of the TiVo software. It contains a complete version of the software plus the directions the upgrade program must follow to complete the upgrade. Another way to say it is it contains the new kernel, the complete contents of the new software partition, plus the directions for any changes that may be made to the mfs database. This post (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170224&postcount=10) gives directions for upgrading software using slices, plus an extensive description by people much brighter than I of what is really happening.

PlainBill

PlainBill
09-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Here are a couple of torrents that should do the job. If you don't have a torrent client installed, I suggest downloading and installing Bittorrent. Then download the two attached files, unpack them, and load them into your torrent client.

PlainBill

bigguy333
09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you SOOOO much!

Soapm
09-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Now I could use a TCD652160 image if anyone has one to spare.

rpweaver
09-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I've tried and tried. Nothing seems to work except to buy the 100% inflation LBA48 boot CD from DVRupgrade (used to be $5 but is now $10, aren't monopolies great? NOT! This is my protest.) Links are dead, extraction results in unhackable virgin kernels. I am looking for a kernel that I can use with killhdinitrd for Hughes DVR80 and RCA DVR40. I now have 3.1.1, 6.2, 6.2a and 6.4a SW so one that works with one of these (not 3.1.1). I need fakecall. I'm begging and this seems to be the place to beg...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :-)

PlainBill
09-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I've tried and tried. Nothing seems to work except to buy the 100% inflation LBA48 boot CD from DVRupgrade (used to be $5 but is now $10, aren't monopolies great? NOT! This is my protest.) Links are dead, extraction results in unhackable virgin kernels. I am looking for a kernel that I can use with killhdinitrd for Hughes DVR80 and RCA DVR40. I now have 3.1.1, 6.2, 6.2a and 6.4a SW so one that works with one of these (not 3.1.1). I need fakecall. I'm begging and this seems to be the place to beg...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :-)
Would you like some cheese with that whine? This post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=312720#post312720) has the kernel you need.

PlainBill

rpweaver
09-23-2011, 11:45 PM
:-) Sure, why not... I like white wine, red wine gives me headaches.

I found some kernels finally. Looks like I have that one too. I didn't think it would work for my DVR. Thanks for the help. I am trying the 3.1.5 kernel, should that work? It boots which is better than what I could say for the ones I tried previously.

Rich

Talleres04
09-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Hi! I have a TiVo series 3 HD and the hard drive is not working anymore. I tried to use the tools to backup and restore but I get an error saying that the disk is corrupted. Is there any way to get an iso so I can install it on the new hard drive that I just bought? It would be great if it is for free!

Thanks!

PlainBill
09-24-2011, 08:40 AM
:-) Sure, why not... I like white wine, red wine gives me headaches.

I found some kernels finally. Looks like I have that one too. I didn't think it would work for my DVR. Thanks for the help. I am trying the 3.1.5 kernel, should that work? It boots which is better than what I could say for the ones I tried previously.

Rich The best information would be in the killhdinitrd thread. If I recall correctly, the kernel I linked to is the latest for the SD DirecTiVos and Series 2 TiVos.

PlainBill

seaz
09-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Just a newbie to the tivo scene...Tried to follow this guide http://techstorm.net/tivo/hackseries2.html but got stuck...everything went fine...until I got to the telnet portion...the iptables file the instructions refer to is just a txt file....is this method even still valid?...If so, can some one please tell how to edit the iptables file. I have a s2 Tcd24004a. Any input is appreciated.

Soapm
10-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I need an image for tcd652160. I don't use torrent... Please...

non-sequitur
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I also need an image for tcd652160. If you can send me a PM, I'd highly appreciate it...

static1701
10-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I picked up a TCD140060 with a lifetime subscription that was working fine. The other day it stopped working and I have found that the hard drive is bad.
I had no idea how all this worked before I started trying to fix it or that I should have made a backup while it was working. So now I need the image file for it.
I have found a few image files but not the correct one.
I would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks,

Static1701

Soapm
10-20-2011, 04:43 AM
I need an image for tcd652160. I don't use torrent... Please...

Still begging...

unitron
10-26-2011, 07:52 AM
I picked up a TCD140060 with a lifetime subscription that was working fine. The other day it stopped working and I have found that the hard drive is bad.
I had no idea how all this worked before I started trying to fix it or that I should have made a backup while it was working. So now I need the image file for it.
I have found a few image files but not the correct one.
I would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks,

Static1701

If you check the image begging thread at tivocommunityforums (title says something about don't PM me), you'll find a link I posted about 3 pages back from the current last page for a TCD24008A.

If you have a drive bigger than 80GB, (or one of those Maxtor 80GB drives that are bigger than most 80GB drives), it will probably work, since the 140 and 240 use the same software.

akstunt600
11-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi all, I have a tcd24008a and am having troubles. I used the aforementioned 7.2.2-oth-k1.px (guestimation on kernel name) kernel and killhdinitrd using 9.3, it fails with "no exploits for this kernel". So, then I used the provided .mfs for the 7.2.2-140. I restored that to my drive and then killhdinitrd'd the 3.1.5(also tried 3.1.1) kernel and dd'd it to my partitions worked fine no errors except hda7 and 9 would not mount. The tut I was using said this was ok, is it? Anyway that combo resulted in a reboot loop, even though I read earlier on, that should work.

I was following the techstorm.net tutorial; Is there a better tut to use?

I have the 7.2.2-140 image on the drive, it works in the Tivo as expected, but it is not hacked, will the kernel in this image work with killhdinitrd 9.3?

Is there a way to extract my kernel from the drive and then run killhdinitrd against it?

I currently have mfstools installed on Ubuntu*** can I killhdinitrd from that vantage point?

I have trolled demonoid, tpb, and others for a naughty .mfs or just a virgin 7.2.2-140 kernel and I find nothing :-(

Is Tivo hacking dead because, I was about to buy a series 3 and hack that up, but I am now worried I might have trouble acquiring the necessary stuffs.

Sorry about all the questions but, I have spent 2 days basting in this forum and have been hanging out in #tivo, #hack, #h@ckers on efnet and undernet and not a single response. I have also asked around in a couple of other servers also to no avail.

*** I am a die hard RH fan and have been using FC for ages.

unitron
11-12-2011, 04:13 PM
You could check the prom day threads to see what kind of hacking can be done on an S3, depending on to which model S3 you refer.

BCondor
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
My TCD648250B is showing all the symptoms described as a hard drive failure; stopping on boot, big tiles of video stalling, and simply going dark. So I've come begging. I have 1tb sata drives to install as replacement but need the image and link to the appropriate utility software to use in win7 environment. Are those still available?

Also, I read above that one should check the drive using manufacturer tools for bad sectors. Can that be done using external usb drive holder on win7 machine or will I need linux box to run utilities?

Thanks in advance and this forum has been a great resource.

unitron
11-30-2011, 04:55 AM
My TCD648250B is showing all the symptoms described as a hard drive failure; stopping on boot, big tiles of video stalling, and simply going dark. So I've come begging. I have 1tb sata drives to install as replacement but need the image and link to the appropriate utility software to use in win7 environment. Are those still available?

Also, I read above that one should check the drive using manufacturer tools for bad sectors. Can that be done using external usb drive holder on win7 machine or will I need linux box to run utilities?

Thanks in advance and this forum has been a great resource.

You should also try the "Need an image, don't PM me" thread at tivocommunityforum (don't let the title throw you, it's an historical artifact)

What's the brand and model of the drive that's allegedly giving trouble, and what's the brand(s) and model(s) of the proposed 1TB replacements?

You can probably run the long test with the drive plugged into a USB adapter. You'll need the Win7 machine, but not Win7 itself. You'll get the manufacturer's diagnostic software in bootable cd form and burn yourself a copy.

Worst comes to worst, you can open up that machine and take the SATA leads off of your Windows drive and hook up the TiVo drive to those and boot with the cd. That has the added advantage of assuring you that you can't do anything during the process to screw up your Windows drive, although you'd have to deliberately go out of your way to do so anyway.

You should also go to mfslive.org and download what you need to make yourself a copy of the MFS Live cd v1.4, which is handy to have even if you don't own a TiVo, and download and install the WinMFS on your Windows 7 drive. Both are available at that site, although they can't restore each other's backup images, but you don't know which kind you'll get yet, and they can both be handy in diagnosing the old drive.

You can temporarily turn that Win 7 box into a Linux box with one of the several different Live cd's available.
The Parted Magic one is handy to have.

Having said all of that, maybe the problem is actually your power supply.

Go read the wikipedia article on "capacitor plague" and take a look at badcaps.net and then visually inspect the power supply for the slightest sign of bulging or leaking.

Marginal or flaky power supplies can cause all sorts of strange symptoms.

If it is one or more bad capacitors, it's not a difficult repair.

philbert
12-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi Gang -

Newbie member here. I'm trying to resuscitate my old DirecTivo HR10-250. It's been sitting in a closet for about 4 years due to a failed power supply. I finally broke down and bought a replacement power supply off eBay only to find out that the HD seemed to be hosed (sigh). I tried a bunch of things to boot the unit, but I nothing's worked. As best as I can tell I need to try a new hard drive.

Can someone provide me with a fresh working image of 6.4a for HR10-250? I dug through the last few years of pages for this thread, but unfortunately all the links to HR10-250 images seem dead. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help:)

- philbert

unitron
12-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Unfortunately I can't help you with an image for a satellite TiVo, but allow me to suggest that whatever the brand of the drive from the TiVo is, you download the diagnostic software from that manufacturer (if it's a Maxtor get the Seagate software) and run the long test on the drive. If it turns out there's nothing wrong with the drive physically, report back and we'll see if we can repair the software, either by using WinMFS to switch the bootpage or using a Kickstart procedure to get the TiVo itself to fix things.

philbert
12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi unitron -

Many thanks for the reply:) I haven't gone so far as to verify that my HR10-250 drive's gone bad using the manufacturer's software (in my case it's a WD 250 GH drive). What originally happened back in 2008 was that my DTivo was frequently doing spontaneous reboots and often showing an error message at boot time. The error message I finally tracked down turned out to be DTV's cryptic way of telling me I had a failing power supply (most likely due to bad capacitors, which is apparently a common problem with the HR10-250's). Fast forward to 2011. With the new power supply in, the DTivo no longer shows me the error message at boot, but it gets stuck on a particular screen later in the boot cycle ("Almost there. Just a few minutes more...").

I have tried both Kickstarting the DTivo as well as using WinMFS to swap the bootpage on the drive. Unfortunately neither approach has worked. I'm thinking I may have to break down and buy InstantCake. But I'm a pretty savvy computer guy who's at home with Linux, terminal, etc. So that's why I'm hoping to locate a 6.4a image on my own before spending any additional money on the problem.

Again, many thanks for your advice. If you're interested in any further details, please ask:)

- philbert

unitron
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
philbert,

Can you actually get it to do kickstarts?

Have you tried both 57 and 58?

Have you tried image begging over at TCF also?

philbert
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey unitron -

I tried doing a Kickstart 52 several times and was unsuccessful. Right now my original drive is connected to one of my PCs booted into Linux so I can backup the show data (hacking is fun!). I'm currently backing up about 80 or so recordings to TY+ files. Tomorrow I'll try putting the HR10-250 back together and do a Kickstart 57 & 58 as per your advice.

I created an account over at TCF a long time ago, but I haven't logged into it in about 5 years:p I can definitely try putting in a beg request over there as well.

Thanks!

- philbert

unitron
12-06-2011, 06:22 AM
The thread you want is "Need an image, don't PM me".

jpeters870
12-18-2011, 12:09 AM
does anybody have a image for a tivo hd tcd652160 my hard drive crashed and im trying to replace the drive and put a new image on it please let me know thnx

unitron
12-29-2011, 11:00 AM
does anybody have a image for a tivo hd tcd652160 my hard drive crashed and im trying to replace the drive and put a new image on it please let me know thnx

Go to the "need an image, don't PM me" thread on tivocommunity.com and search for posts by "unitron"

pksystems
01-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Looking for an OLDIE, but a GOODIE.

Hughes GXCEBOT went like 7 years without any major issues. My 2.5xtreme cd fails at 99%, and my original HD backup works, but doesn't fix the prob. Powering Up... please wait... I think it's the hd, but who knows...psu seems fine

Anyone know where I could find a copy of the DSR6000 2.5xtreme iso? I didn't see anything on emule/torrents, and all the links I originally used are probably 7+ years old :mad: (dead)

unitron
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Looking for an OLDIE, but a GOODIE.

Hughes GXCEBOT went like 7 years without any major issues. My 2.5xtreme cd fails at 99%, and my original HD backup works, but doesn't fix the prob. Powering Up... please wait... I think it's the hd, but who knows...psu seems fine

Anyone know where I could find a copy of the DSR6000 2.5xtreme iso? I didn't see anything on emule/torrents, and all the links I originally used are probably 7+ years old :mad: (dead)

You can also try here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=388695

if you haven't already.

jajik
01-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Looking for a Tivo HD TCD652160 image. Sounds like HD bombing out. Won't boot

Thanks In Advance

unitron
01-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Looking for a Tivo HD TCD652160 image. Sounds like HD bombing out. Won't boot

Thanks In Advance

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8831301#post8831301

Ashalon
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Looking for image for Toshiba SD-H400. (Unfortunately, the link at post #1450 is no longer valid.)

ggtz
03-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I need an image for a TDC540040. Can somone please help?

ScanMan
03-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Check this post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?64766-Series-2-TCD649080-Hackable&p=314675#post314675) out.

unitron
03-11-2012, 02:07 PM
I need an image for a TDC540040. Can somone please help?

Let me know (over there) if these have already aged off and I can try to reload them

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8990328#post8990328

ScanMan
04-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Does anyone have an image for a Toshiba SD-H400? Thanks in advance.

Bracer
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Long time Lurker, etc., etc...

I was replacing the drives on my old Sony SVR3000 and flubbed it somehow. Now neither set of drives work. I actually looked into fixing this more or less legitimately using Instant Cake, but but there isn't a PC in the house with 2 IDE connectors anymore.

Is there some kind soul who might direct me to a Sony SVR-3000 image... I am actually begging...

unitron
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Does anyone have an image for a Toshiba SD-H400? Thanks in advance.

If you're still looking, check here

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9052253#post9052253

OChaos
04-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Looking for an image for a Samsung SIS S4040R DirecTivo... thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

tomc585
05-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Like many others my hughes sd80 is stuck with 6.2. Looking for a solution image 6.4 (stock or baked) to get back my locals for this. thanks for any help.

KyooMac
05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I need the 6.4a image for an HR10-250. Thank you in advance

tvtyme
05-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I need the 6.4a image for an HR10-250. Thank you in advance

You can get a 6.4a image from PTVUpgrade (http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/category.cfm?SID=1).

tvtyme
05-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Like many others my hughes sd80 is stuck with 6.2. Looking for a solution image 6.4 (stock or baked) to get back my locals for this. thanks for any help.

You can get a 6.4a image for your SD-DVR80 from PTVUpgrade (http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/category.cfm?Category_ID=5&Product_ID=0&ModelID=31&type=Model&page=cat&CFID=377105&CFTOKEN=42252024).

KyooMac
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
You can get a 6.4a image for your SD-DVR80 from PTVUpgrade (http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/category.cfm?Category_ID=5&Product_ID=0&ModelID=31&type=Model&page=cat&CFID=377105&CFTOKEN=42252024).

They should change your moniker to Master of the Obvious. Since this is the slice BEGGING thread, I was hoping for a FREE copy. I'm not dropping $40 bucks on software when I paid $10 for the HR10-250 in the first place.

tvtyme
05-30-2012, 11:12 PM
They should change your moniker to Master of the Obvious. Since this is the slice BEGGING thread, I was hoping for a FREE copy. I'm not dropping $40 bucks on software when I paid $10 for the HR10-250 in the first place.
What's obvious to me is:
1. you aren't astute enough to know how/where to find the image (it's out there!) and,
2. you don't understand forum decorum which dictates it's unwise to flame someone who's trying to help you

Enjoy your $40.....

KyooMac
05-31-2012, 06:23 AM
1. Most of the links are dead.
2. Go get thicker skin.

tvtyme
05-31-2012, 10:17 AM
1. Most of the links are dead.
2. Go get thicker skin.

Thanks for confirming my first assertion...that you don't know *how* to find the image. Tips are in this sticky.
My skin's fine....how's yours? :rolleyes:

PlainBill
05-31-2012, 01:27 PM
OK Ky--Mac and tvtyme, knock it off or I'll put both of you in time out.

PlainBill

digdugsmug
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I have TCD652160 which I upgraded but now I want to revert back to the original 160gb capacity. Problem is the WinMFS backup files I have are from after I expanded the capacity so when I go to restore tivo drive it wont allow it since the drive is too small. Is there any way to restore with the files I have? Or do I need to get a different files to restore from? Perhaps someone can direct me to where I can download an image for my TCD652160? Thanks!

unitron
07-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I have TCD652160 which I upgraded but now I want to revert back to the original 160gb capacity. Problem is the WinMFS backup files I have are from after I expanded the capacity so when I go to restore tivo drive it wont allow it since the drive is too small. Is there any way to restore with the files I have? Or do I need to get a different files to restore from? Perhaps someone can direct me to where I can download an image for my TCD652160? Thanks!

MFS Live cd v1.4 version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/652_gset.bak

WinMFS version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/652_gset.tbk

but first, assuming you do not have a GigaByte brand motherboard, boot the computer with the MFS Live cd v1.4 and nothing but the cd drive and the original 160GB WD connected.

Then

hdparm -N /dev/sda

assuming sda is the 160 WD, and make sure it doesn't show anything about a host protected area or other set aside of any of the drive's capacity.

phil720
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Can I use a Dtv SD40 6.4a Image On An HR10-250-(Both are S2 DTVTivos) ??
Thanks

PlainBill
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Can I use a Dtv SD40 6.4a Image On An HR10-250-(Both are S2 DTVTivos) ??
Thanks

No. Totally different hardware.

PlainBill

philips_s1
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
BONUS: Here is a virgin 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel.... you MUST run killhdinitrd 0.9.3 (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36692) on this kernel to keep your hacks. If you use this kernel without running killhdinitrd on it, your hacks *will* be erased.

http://rapidshare.com/files/4968969/vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px.html (click "Free" at the bottom, where it says "Select your download:")

MD5: fd71b861a767de9ad4a13dc5f78b6ae1 (check the MD5 with md5sums (http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/), CHECK MD5 BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!!!)

Obviously, this link is long gone and I'm spinning my wheels with torrents. :( Does anyone have a pointer to a virgin 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel?

PlainBill
07-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Obviously, this link is long gone and I'm spinning my wheels with torrents. :( Does anyone have a pointer to a virgin 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel?

This post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=312720#post312720) has the torrent that can fetch it for you. If you don't already have a torrent client loaded, I suggest BitTorrent. I'll be hosting the kernel for at least the next two days.

PlainBill

philips_s1
07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Excellent, thank you PlainBill!

PSCGOhio
07-28-2012, 11:39 PM
I know there's tons of posts up here, but those links are all long since dead so I've got a 240#### series I need the 240_GSet.tbk file specifically or any other compatible one I can run in there.

Kept popping errors trying to install an 80GB tbk I have, but I'm thinking that was a 540 series version because I have the 540_Gset.tbk stuff as well. After the learning curve on the other Series 2 that's purring like a kitten here now, I latched onto a Maxtor 120GB HDD and brought it back to life - now it's ready and formatable to pop into this other Series 2 I have.

Thanks!

unitron
07-29-2012, 02:10 AM
I know there's tons of posts up here, but those links are all long since dead so I've got a 240#### series I need the 240_GSet.tbk file specifically or any other compatible one I can run in there.

Kept popping errors trying to install an 80GB tbk I have, but I'm thinking that was a 540 series version because I have the 540_Gset.tbk stuff as well. After the learning curve on the other Series 2 that's purring like a kitten here now, I latched onto a Maxtor 120GB HDD and brought it back to life - now it's ready and formatable to pop into this other Series 2 I have.

Thanks!

Go here

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9204492#post9204492

where it says

"Sounds like you're talking about my posts.

The 240 and 540 images I had on SendSpace, but they tend to age off if nobody downloads them recently enough.

However, thanks to people using an invite sent in my name to sign up for a free DropBox account, I now have more free space in my DropBox account and those images are available there.

I just haven't gotten around to editing my old posts yet.

Feel free to tell me the post numbers to save me having to search for them.

In the meantime

TCD240080 restore with MFS Live cd to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 160086528

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/240_gset.bak

TCD240080 restore with WinMFS to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 160086528

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/240_GSet.tbk

TCD540040 restore with MFS Live cd to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 80293248

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.bak

TCD540040 restore with WinMFS to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 80293248

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.tbk

Also feel free to ask me for a DropBox invite that'll get both of us more free space.

If you can't PM me you can email me. "

rkshack
08-29-2012, 10:12 PM
I need a series 3 image. I am trying supafly but not anything coming. Any one can point me to one.
rkshack

unitron
08-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I need a series 3 image. I am trying supafly but not anything coming. Any one can point me to one.
rkshack

TCD652160 or TCD658000?

MFS Live or WinMFS?

rkshack
08-29-2012, 11:47 PM
TCD652160 or TCD658000?

MFS Live or WinMFS?

tcd 648250b

winmfs would be preferable

rkshack

unitron
08-29-2012, 11:57 PM
tcd 648250b

winmfs would be preferable

rkshack

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8921060#post8921060

mikehall
09-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Need a 6.4a image for hr10-250 please. Stuck on 6.2 and modem won't dial out to trigger 6.4a download for my locals.

zuma53
09-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Hi--

My Series2 (TDC540040) died and, of course, I didn't have a backup of the drive. I do have a spare 300GB drive to put in.

Can someone point me to where I can get an image that works with this unit?

Also, is there a link that lays out the steps to setting up the drive? I'm assuming that my box is able to handle this drive without any issues. The original drive is a Maxtor, and so is the replacement.

Thanks.

unitron
09-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Hi--

My Series2 (TDC540040) died and, of course, I didn't have a backup of the drive. I do have a spare 300GB drive to put in.

Can someone point me to where I can get an image that works with this unit?

Also, is there a link that lays out the steps to setting up the drive? I'm assuming that my box is able to handle this drive without any issues. The original drive is a Maxtor, and so is the replacement.

Thanks.

Meet me over on TCF (where they don't allow us to talk about this site)

dss56
10-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Series 2 Tivo model TCD240080 just died hung up on the gray screen. Has 80gb drive WD800 checked with WD software and says many bad sectors.
Can some one please help me with an image for this Tivo as this is a lifetime I purchased years ago and need to get it working again

thanks so much

unitron
10-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Series 2 Tivo model TCD240080 just died hung up on the gray screen. Has 80gb drive WD800 checked with WD software and says many bad sectors.
Can some one please help me with an image for this Tivo as this is a lifetime I purchased years ago and need to get it working again

thanks so much

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8707432#post8707432

kyderr
11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I love my Samsung Series 2 Direct TiVo. Now my local channels are gone. Got 6.2a software, and the slices never download no matter how long my Tivo talks on the phone. I would pay $20 or $40 for the upgrade, but DVRupgrade.com is down for "upgrades" So, no source for slicer, no source for slices, hope fading...

unclemoosh
11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
, no source for slices, hope fading...

Check your PM.

stoli147
11-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Check your PM.

Does that mean you have files for a Series 2 DTivo? If so, please let me know as well. I'm in the same boat as Unitron.

Thanks
Will

PlainBill
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Does that mean you have files for a Series 2 DTivo? If so, please let me know as well. I'm in the same boat as Unitron.

Thanks
Will
????? Unitron doesn't have any problems (other than a lack of time to watch TV).

PlainBill

bigguy333
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have a image for a series 2 tivo TCD24008A version 7.x?

PlainBill
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Does anyone have a image for a series 2 tivo TCD24008A version 7.x?

Try here. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316272#post316272) :rolleyes:

PlainBill

bigguy333
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
OK Perfect, I found those links, but I didn't know what version they were, thank you very much.

unclemoosh
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM

Thanks
Will

no images. check your pm.

SebastianLee
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I love my Samsung Series 2 Direct TiVo. Now my local channels are gone. Got 6.2a software, and the slices never download no matter how long my Tivo talks on the phone. I would pay $20 or $40 for the upgrade, but DVRupgrade.com is down for "upgrades" So, no source for slicer, no source for slices, hope fading...

In the same boat with a Samsung Series 2 Dtivo

unclemoosh
11-14-2012, 07:37 PM
In the same boat with a Samsung Series 2 Dtivo

Check yours.

bigguy333
11-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Try here. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316272#post316272) :rolleyes:

PlainBill

I tried that image, but I am trying to hack the kernel, to run telnet and other stuff. But I can't seem to get a correct kernel that has been killhdinitrd'd. Can someone point me in the right direction for the kernel or a different image? I also tried to run killhdinitrd directly to the drive, but it fails. Thanks for your time.

bigguy333
11-15-2012, 09:54 PM
So, does anyone have or know where to get minimal-7.2.2-oth.01-2-140.mfs
Thanks

PlainBill
11-15-2012, 10:39 PM
So, does anyone have or know where to get minimal-7.2.2-oth.01-2-140.mfs
Thanks
The instructions should be in my earlier post in this thread. Since I'm to tired to look it up, here's the compressed version.
1. Download the Bit torrent client and and install it.
2. Download the attachment and unzip it. Open it with Bit Torrent.
3. Bit torrent will fetch it from anyone hosting the file.

I will be hosting this for at least the next two days.

PlainBill

PlainBill
11-15-2012, 10:55 PM
For those who are looking for slices to upgrade their Series 2 DirecTiVo to 6.4a, here is one option.

1. Download the Bit Torrent client and install it. Other clients may or may not work.

2. Download the attachment below and unzip it. Load the extracted torrent into Bit Torrent.

3. Once Bit torrent has acquired the slices package, remove the .zip extension from the package.

4. Unpack and dbload the files into your DirecTiVo.

I will be hosting this for at least the next two days, if you are unable to download it after November 18, 2012 send me a pm and I'll rehost it.

PlainBill

bigguy333
11-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Thank you, but for some reason I cannot get my torrent to download.... could you please pm me the file vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px

Thank you very much.

I think I got it working, my internet provider is blocking torrents I think, so I connected through a vpn and it seems to be working, I'll find out tomorrow thanks agian.

bigguy333
11-19-2012, 06:01 PM

PlainBill

Just wondering what version that image is... I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I would like to find minimal-7.2.2-oth.01-2-140.mfs if possible.
Thanks

laddanator
11-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Just wondering if I could get my hands on a stock 6.4a image for R10 and SDDVR40? Thanks. I searched the forum and didn't find the image. Sorry for the double post.

bigguy333
11-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I found minimal-7.2.2-oth.01-2-140.mfs so no need to post it thanks.

mikejcks
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I found minimal-7.2.2-oth.01-2-140.mfs so no need to post it thanks.

can you pm me where you found it?

Silver-Dagger
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Does anybody have a stock 6.4a image for an HR10-250?

Silver-Dagger
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
If no image then I would settle for the slices for an HR10-250 357.

Jima
12-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I am also looking for slices... HR10-250 357. Thanks!

Silver-Dagger
12-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I found a link for the HR10-250 357 slices. Here it is:
http://www.dvrupgrade.com/software/update_tool/6.4a-01-2-357.slices.tgz

andrewc2
12-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Is there a difference between the TCD240040 and the TCD24004A when it comes to backups, or even the 240080 can any 240 backup be used with any 240 model?

If not does anyone have an image of the TCD240040?

unitron
12-15-2012, 05:46 PM
The only thing to watch out for with 140/240 images is that some of the machines came with Maxtor drives and back then Maxtors had a slightly higher LBA number than the same GB size in WDs and Seagates, so an image taken from one won't restore on the smaller of the drives.

andrewc2
12-19-2012, 03:23 PM
The only thing to watch out for with 140/240 images is that some of the machines came with Maxtor drives and back then Maxtors had a slightly higher LBA number than the same GB size in WDs and Seagates, so an image taken from one won't restore on the smaller of the drives.

Ah that's probably the problem, I'm not sure what drive this originally came with I tried using my old Maxtor drive from my 24004A and that yielded no results, I'm guessing that means I need a non-Maxtor image?

unitron
12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
What's the LBA number of that Maxtor from the 24004A?

andrewc2
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
What's the LBA number of that Maxtor from the 24004A?

LBA is 80293248

unitron
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
LBA is 80293248

That's the same fat LBA number as the 40GB Maxtor that came out of my 540040

As long as it isn't a GigaByte brand motherboard, boot up with the MFS Live cd v1.4 and just that drive attached, then at the command line

hdparm -N /dev/hda

and see if the answer says anything about a Host Protected Area, or HPA

andrewc2
12-19-2012, 11:45 PM
That's the same fat LBA number as the 40GB Maxtor that came out of my 540040

As long as it isn't a GigaByte brand motherboard, boot up with the MFS Live cd v1.4 and just that drive attached, then at the command line

hdparm -N /dev/hda

and see if the answer says anything about a Host Protected Area, or HPA

It says "HPA is disabled"

unitron
12-20-2012, 12:18 AM
It says "HPA is disabled"

Another theory shot down in flames then.

Get the Seagate diagnostic software (SeaTools for DOS) and run the long test on the drive.

janfan
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Never Mind- Found the image I needed. I hope the disk wasn't damaged and that I will be able to restore it, or at the very least, use the same drive to create a fresh installation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am kicking myself, you may get a kick out of this:

Purchased a used Tivo 3 for my parents for Christmas. After giving it a once over, I started the clear & delete process so it would be fresh & new for them. I was in the same room with my own Tivo HD so little did I know, my remote was controlling both tivos, so mine was going through the delete process as well. DOH! Now it's stuck in that process and I need an image to restore it.

Details: Model # TiVo TCD652160
Has an upgraded 1TB drive.
I would soooo appreciate an image. You would save me. Thanks in advance!

unitron
12-20-2012, 06:41 PM
As I am kicking myself, you may get a kick out of this:

Purchased a used Tivo 3 for my parents for Christmas. After giving it a once over, I started the clear & delete process so it would be fresh & new for them. I was in the same room with my own Tivo HD so little did I know, my remote was controlling both tivos, so mine was going through the delete process as well. DOH! Now it's stuck in that process and I need an image to restore it.

Details: Model # TiVo TCD652160
Has an upgraded 1TB drive.
I would soooo appreciate an image. You would save me. Thanks in advance!

For use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

For use with WinMFS

Do not use a GigaByte brand motherboard to do the restoration. (It's fine for the download)

If that's all you have, let me know, there's a workaround.

Use this code

EMCJHHN97

to get a WD20EURS from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136783

for $99

(but don't dawdle)

and come over to the jmfs for the S3 HD thread at tivocommunity.com (TiVo Community Forums, where the name of this site is not allowed to be mentioned, so call it DDB) to learn how to copy that 1TB to the 2TB and expand into the rest of the space, using the jmfs cd which was originally designed for the Premiere, but also works on the S3 HD and HD XL.

Then you can use the 1TB in the one for the folks.

janfan
12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Unitron, Thanks a million. I stumbled on those links just before I saw your reply.

andrewc2
12-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Another theory shot down in flames then.

Get the Seagate diagnostic software (SeaTools for DOS) and run the long test on the drive.

I'm actually looking at just putting a new drive in, you don't happen to have an image for the 240040?

mrkrowely
12-21-2012, 09:00 AM
For use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

For use with WinMFS

Do not use a GigaByte brand motherboard to do the restoration. (It's fine for the download)

If that's all you have, let me know, there's a workaround.

Use this code

EMCJHHN97

to get a WD20EURS from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136783

for $99

(but don't dawdle)

and come over to the jmfs for the S3 HD thread at tivocommunity.com (TiVo Community Forums, where the name of this site is not allowed to be mentioned, so call it DDB) to learn how to copy that 1TB to the 2TB and expand into the rest of the space, using the jmfs cd which was originally designed for the Premiere, but also works on the S3 HD and HD XL.

Then you can use the 1TB in the one for the folks.

thank you. this revived my tivo, i'm still currently using the 160 gig stock HDD.

my issue was that i bought my tivo when i was living in Indianapolis and had a comcast cable card in it. then recently i moved back to my home town in south georgia and went to get comcast again. They were telling me that i couldn't use the cablecard from indianapolis, so i got a new one from them, but it wasn't getting connection in the conditional access, so i went and got another one, and it still wasn't getting a connection, so i figured i would do like a "master reset" on the device so that it cleared all of the information from indianapolis, so i did the reset and delete everything option in the menu. well apparently it literally deleted EVERYTHING, it wouldn't boot up. then i ran across this, i used winmfs and restored your backup to my drive and it worked!!! so thank you SOOOO MUCH for that!!

now, the cable card from indianapolis is working with the channels for Georgia, BUT!!! now i'm getting a hardware error #51, it won't let me record anything and i did a restart on the system and it restarted fine but the error is still there. i researched it a little and found that it's that the OS serial doesn't match the boards serial, and to do a reset and delete everything, but that is what caused all of my problems in the first place, so now what?!

well i did a C&D before i left for work, and when i got home it was waiting for me to do the guided setup, so it worked!!

wonder why the C&D messed up the OS in the first place? :(

Dave20042004
01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Would appreciate a TCD649080 image that has not been reset to guided setup. Please PM me or respond here with link.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

unitron
01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Would appreciate a TCD649080 image that has not been reset to guided setup. Please PM me or respond here with link.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Go over to TCF to the "need an image, don't PM me" thread, and search my name, that model number, dropbox, etc.

Oooops, just saw the not reset to GS part.

You'll have to give me a few days, 'cause both my S2 DTs are almost constantly tied up and I'll have to open one to see what's on which previous drive.

blahman
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Go over to TCF to the "need an image, don't PM me" thread, and search my name, that model number, dropbox, etc.
unitron, aren't those at guided setup already? I don't have a TCD649* so couldn't check but the link is: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9160125#post9160125

unitron
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
unitron, aren't those at guided setup already? I don't have a TCD649* so couldn't check but the link is: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9160125#post9160125

I read too fast, see my edit of previous post.

blahman
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
It's cool, I had the link handy so wanted to be sure as I posted it. Been doing a lot of link checking lately for various reasons.

unitron
01-05-2013, 08:41 PM
It's cool, I had the link handy so wanted to be sure as I posted it. Been doing a lot of link checking lately for various reasons.

So you definitely need an image that doesn't start out in GS?

You understand that means it'll start out complaining about being in a TiVo with a different TSN from the one of which it has a record (error 51), and that means clear and delete everything before you can proceed, if I'm not mistaken, which means it'll go to GS once it finishes C&DE.

Dave20042004
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
So you definitely need an image that doesn't start out in GS?

Yes that is correct. I plan to run 51Killer immediately.... takes care of the issues you mention quite well.

Alternatively, if someone knows how to revert back to the UI after mistakenly selecting "Repeat Guided setup" that would also be helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

unitron
01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Yes that is correct. I plan to run 51Killer immediately.... takes care of the issues you mention quite well.

Alternatively, if someone knows how to revert back to the UI after mistakenly selecting "Repeat Guided setup" that would also be helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

I think GS is kind of like the mafia, once in, you can't back out.

Didn't know you could run 51killer on standalones, but if I ever needed it I didn't know that I did.

Like I said, it'll be a few days before I can open up one of my S2 DTs and start juggling hard drives, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Dave20042004
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
I think GS is kind of like the mafia, once in, you can't back out.

Didn't know you could run 51killer on standalones, but if I ever needed it I didn't know that I did.

Like I said, it'll be a few days before I can open up one of my S2 DTs and start juggling hard drives, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Good analogy. No rush on the image but I do really appreciate it.

I've used 51killer on SA 240's and the SA TiVoHD and have never had a problem until today. For some reason, for the TiVoHD anyway, you completely lose the "Music Photos and Showcases" line from the UI after running 51killer. As a result, can't import with Movieloader. Other than that, all seems well enough. Stuck with using FXP transfers. I'm going to post a question tomorrow after I search some.

Thanks,
Dave

unitron
01-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Stupid question time.

You get an image from some other guy's TiVo that has his zip code and his channel line-up and his blah, blah, blah, and you put it on your TiVo in a different zip code with a different cable company and you have entirely different tastes so his thumb ratings are useless as well, why wouldn't you go through GS again, and why wouldn't you want the motherboard's TSN to match the one on the hard drive, and what does 51Killer actually gain for you?

Dave20042004
01-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Not stupid at all. ...but I don't have a good answer for you.... you've said it all in your signature.... ...and I'm just grateful for the smart guy's that hang around this forum and reply to my posts....like you! ;)
Dave

tivo4mevo
01-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Off topic area for this question, but 51Killer allows you to move a hacked drive to a similar model tivo, and still be able to playback the videos. When restoring a backup image from another box, 51Killer is often a preferred "short form" to remedy the "Error 51" rather than a Full Clear and Delete Everything.

sixVsix
01-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Need image for TCD652160, please. THX.

wfg97079
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know where I might find an image for a tcd230040 ?

tivomanct
01-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Need an image for a Series 2 DT TCD649080. As my drive died. Thanks

unitron
01-20-2013, 06:31 AM
To use with the MFS Live cd v1.4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/649_gset.bak

To use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/649_gset.tbk

Both will start you out in Guided Setup.

unitron
01-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Good analogy. No rush on the image but I do really appreciate it.

I've used 51killer on SA 240's and the SA TiVoHD and have never had a problem until today. For some reason, for the TiVoHD anyway, you completely lose the "Music Photos and Showcases" line from the UI after running 51killer. As a result, can't import with Movieloader. Other than that, all seems well enough. Stuck with using FXP transfers. I'm going to post a question tomorrow after I search some.

Thanks,
Dave

It's still going to be several days before I can take a 649 out of service and backup an image that has my zip code and such and not the info of whoever I bought the machine from to begin with, but I will eventually get it done for you.

Dave20042004
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
......I will eventually get it done for you..
Please, no rush....and thanks for remembering.
Dave

tivomanct
01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the image. I am having a problem with the following error. "Error writing Media Inode 1". Would this have to do with the file for something else? Been searching without much luck as to what to do next. Using Winmfs with a WD 120GB drive.

Zirak
02-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Greetings, everyone. Its been a long time since Ive been around here. What better reason than some image begging.

I have a friend with a dead TCD652160. I thought I would do the neighborly thing and help him get it back up and running.

Can anyone assist with an image?

Thanks!

unitron
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the image. I am having a problem with the following error. "Error writing Media Inode 1". Would this have to do with the file for something else? Been searching without much luck as to what to do next. Using Winmfs with a WD 120GB drive.

I'm guessing that 120GB WD is not exactly brand new.

Have you run the WD diagnostic long test on it?

You can get an .iso image of a bootable cd with the diagnostic program on it from the WD site, or you can also find it on the Ulitimate Boot CD, an .iso of which you can download free as well.

unitron
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Greetings, everyone. Its been a long time since Ive been around here. What better reason than some image begging.

I have a friend with a dead TCD652160. I thought I would do the neighborly thing and help him get it back up and running.

Can anyone assist with an image?

Thanks!

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316614#post316614

Zirak
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316614#post316614

Thanks. I didn't think to search the forum as these weren't posted in the old days.

unitron
02-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks. I didn't think to search the forum as these weren't posted in the old days.

TiVoCommunityForums (tivocommunity.com) also has an image begging thread with the confusing title of "Need an image? Don't PM me".

Zirak
02-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Shocked that the Bott would allow such a thing. It just seems far too useful to be allowed on TCF.

stevel
02-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't think Bott is involved anymore. The new owners seem more relaxed. What I'd like to know is what sort of special dispensation dvrupgrade.com has for selling TiVo images.

bbsux
02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Can someone direct me to an S2 RCA DVR80 DTivo (or similar that will work) 6.4a image? I have a backup image but its a 6.2. Or the slices to upgrade?
thanks in advance!

PlainBill
03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Can someone direct me to an S2 RCA DVR80 DTivo (or similar that will work) 6.4a image? I have a backup image but its a 6.2. Or the slices to upgrade?
thanks in advance!

I am currently sharing the 6.4a slices on bittorrent; they will be available for at least the next two days. The torrent and instructions are in an earlier post of mine on this thread.

PlainBill

kfcrary
03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm looking for the "Mr. Broflovski" TivoHD image (link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?61004-Load-THD-slices-and-loopsets-into-a-THDXL-image-to-convert-it-to-a-true-THD-image&p=308189#post308189)). Can anyone help me?

unitron
03-08-2013, 12:37 AM
I'm looking for the "Mr. Broflovski" TivoHD image (link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?61004-Load-THD-slices-and-loopsets-into-a-THDXL-image-to-convert-it-to-a-true-THD-image&p=308189#post308189)). Can anyone help me?

Is there a reason you need that specific image?

Is it just to allow you to use a particular size drive?

03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
You can use a regular TivoHD image with JFMS (and use a 2T drive). I used to have the hybrid image on my PC, I'm not sure if I still have it. Drop me a PM if you want to go that route and I'll look and see if I still have it. I've never used the image. I have no idea if the image is good.

unitron--That image lets you use a 2T drive. You can use winMFS and only need the new drive connected to your computer. I assume that's the reason for not wanting to us JFMS

unitron
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
You can use a regular TivoHD image with JFMS (and use a 2T drive). I used to have the hybrid image on my PC, I'm not sure if I still have it. Drop me a PM if you want to go that route and I'll look and see if I still have it. I've never used the image. I have no idea if the image is good.

unitron--That image lets you use a 2T drive. You can use winMFS and only need the new drive connected to your computer. I assume that's the reason for not wanting to us JFMS

If you're running 11.0k, you can use a 2TB in a 648 or a 652 and just copy the stock drive straight to it with WinMFS (although my personal preference is up the swap size to 1024MB while I'm at it), and wind up with partition 15 being a 1.6TB MFS Media partition and it works fine.

And WinMFS eats Apple Free partitions for breakfast without a single burp.

kfcrary
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
If you're running 11.0k, you can use a 2TB in a 648 or a 652 and just copy the stock drive straight to it with WinMFS (although my personal preference is up the swap size to 1024MB while I'm at it), and wind up with partition 15 being a 1.6TB MFS Media partition and it works fine.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!

03-08-2013, 03:17 PM

And WinMFS eats Apple Free partitions for breakfast without a single burp.

Is it confirmed 11.0k will work with a 1.6TB MFS media partition? I remember a poster (you?) thinking the code was unified and it would work. I don't remember anyone trying it.

kfcrary
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Hmm, it's 11.0h. If I let it take updates, will it update automatically?

kfcrary
03-14-2013, 05:59 PM
If it won't update automatically (and no one seems able to say it will), I guess I'll need the 11.0k slices. Can anyone help me with that?

psxboy
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
If it won't update automatically (and no one seems able to say it will), I guess I'll need the 11.0k slices. Can anyone help me with that?

It will update automatically. But if you really want them you can download the slices directly from Tivo's servers:

http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/utils-177165431-2.slice.gz
http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/GZcore-177165433-2.slice.gz
http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/GZkernel-Gen06-177165439-2.slice.gz
http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/GZhpk-Gen06-177165441-2.slice.gz
http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/GZlocale-en_US-177165445-2.slice.gz
http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/GZeiger-177165443-2.slice.gz
http://208.73.183.200:8080/TMS_US/static/SwSystem//11.0k-01-2/swsystem-177165449-2.slice.bnd

The swsystem slice is encrypted, but the session key to decrypt it is 0xDA9F3589DB395249 if you know how to do that. If not... ask.

-psxboy

emoat
03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can provide an image for Winmfs for a TiVo HD XL (TCD658000) 1TB drive?
(Please let me know if I need to provide additional details).

Thanks in advance!

Nada
03-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Hello,

Would someone please tell me where I can find a copy of the 7.2.2-oth.k1 kernel. I tried the vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px torrent mentioned sometime back but nothing downloaded.

PlainBill
03-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello,

Would someone please tell me where I can find a copy of the 7.2.2-oth.k1 kernel. I tried the vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px torrent mentioned sometime back but nothing downloaded.
Try it again. I just put it up again. It will be available for at least 48 hours.

PlainBill

Nada
03-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Try it again. I just put it up again. It will be available for at least 48 hours.

PlainBill

I got it. Thank you!

PlainBill
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
I got it. Thank you!

De nada.

PlainBill

DarthSudo
03-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have a TCD649180 image? My HDD completely bit the dust...

Thanks.

Roper
05-10-2013, 09:04 PM
I have a DSR708 with 6.4a. HD crashed so I replaced it, tried to copy old HD using winMFS but now the new one will not boot up. I tried to fix boot option 1 & 2 but still nothing. The old drive won't even come on now so I can not make a image from it. Been searching for the 62small but none of the links work. Any help or a clean image would be great!

Thanks

PlainBill
05-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I have a DSR708 with 6.4a. HD crashed so I replaced it, tried to copy old HD using winMFS but now the new one will not boot up. I tried to fix boot option 1 & 2 but still nothing. The old drive won't even come on now so I can not make a image from it. Been searching for the 62small but none of the links work. Any help or a clean image would be great!

Thanks

My Bittorrent client is now up and will have the 6.2small and 6.4a files available for the next two days. Check my earlier posts in this thread for instructions.

PlainBill

Roper
05-10-2013, 10:23 PM
My Bittorrent client is now up and will have the 6.2small and 6.4a files available for the next two days. Check my earlier posts in this thread for instructions.

PlainBill

Thank you so very much, downloading them now! You rock!

toastyhead
05-20-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm replacing the HD in my TiVo, and am in need of an image for a Series 2 TCD540040. I'm using MFS Live 1.4, and tried pulling the existing image from my old HD, but it's been corrupted. If there's any additional information needed, please let me know!

PlainBill
05-20-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm replacing the HD in my TiVo, and am in need of an image for a Series 2 TCD540040. I'm using MFS Live 1.4, and tried pulling the existing image from my old HD, but it's been corrupted. If there's any additional information needed, please let me know!

Look at this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316965#post316965) previous post and give it a try.

PlainBill

toastyhead
05-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Look at this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316965#post316965) previous post and give it a try.

TiVo lives and breathes! Well, lives anyway. Thanks for the tip!

cpargo01
05-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon. I am looking for an image for a tcd652160. I tried to backup using my current failing drive, but it didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PlainBill
05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Good afternoon. I am looking for an image for a tcd652160. I tried to backup using my current failing drive, but it didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PlainBill

penguin1029
05-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Hello,
I would really apreciate some help. My tivo is need of a image. Its a tcd140060 series2 (not DT) I would really aperciate some help.

Thank you!!!!

PlainBill
05-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Hello,
I would really apreciate some help. My tivo is need of a image. Its a tcd140060 series2 (not DT) I would really aperciate some help.

Thank you!!!!
Look here. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-Backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=317423#post317423)

PlainBill

penguin1029
05-31-2013, 09:12 PM
The link is just sending me to this page?

PlainBill
05-31-2013, 10:13 PM
The link is just sending me to this page?
Please read my signature. The first line applies to you. I'm not sure it is possible to perform the action described in the second line, but I will break it down into very simple steps.
1. Click on the link in post 1701.
2. Note the this takes you to a new page, with post 1699 at the top.
3. Post 1699 also contains a link. Click on that.
4. It will take you post 1672.
5. Go to the site and thread listed in post 1672.

PlainBill

cpargo01
06-01-2013, 08:22 AM
look at this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?31863-backup-image-and-slice-begging-thread&p=316965#post316965) previous post and give it a try.

Plainbill

thank you!!!!!!

stevel
07-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Trying to help out a friend, I need an HR10-250 image with 6.4a. I tried the TCF thread and have not had any responses so far. Anyone here can help?

rickysharon
07-26-2013, 02:39 AM
hi my drive crashed does anyone have a good clean rca dvr80 update image tbk file it would be much appreciated

ggray
08-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I need an image for my TCD230040

Thanks,

Gary

freeisgood
08-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Looking for an image for a Series 2 Toshiba SD-H400.

TIA,

Dan

Edit:

Nevermind. Found a friend with one and extracted the image with WinMFS.

hkblur
10-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm in need of an image for a #24004A Series 2, Maxtor 40gb (LBA 80293248).

I added a Maxtor 120gb in 2004 and it's been running great until it got stuck at the please wait (updating?) screen. I found a few non-seeded IC 240 images, and broken images here from 2006 and 2010, so I figured I would just ask here so I can re-image the 40gb and see how it goes.

Anything else I should try? Thanks so much in advance :)

JB

unitron
10-20-2013, 05:33 AM
Sounds like it might be having problems switching to the alternate boot partitions, which it would be doing because of the recent software update from "b" to "c" that deals with the "outdated cookie" problem from last February that broke TiVo Desktop.

You can use mfsinfo in WinMFS to see what it's set to boot from, and then use option 1 or option 2 of fix bootpage to change it. 1 sets it to 2,3, and 4, and 2 sets it to 5,6, and 7.

I've got a .bak and a .tbk image for the 240 on Dropbox, but it's from an 80GB Maxtor, and was done about 2 years ago, so it's still a "b" image.

I've been trying to get it to update but TiVo seems to have stopped pushing the update, at least for the 240s.

My 140, 540, and 649s all updated without problems.

bbsux
02-21-2014, 12:23 AM
Hey guys my trusty dsr6000 finally died. I've decided to upgrade to a hr10-250. Looking for an image. Thanks for the help.

tvtyme
02-26-2014, 01:07 AM
emule is your best option for a free image.
dvrupgrade has them for $40

rubin010101
03-09-2014, 08:01 PM
I need a virgin kernel to apply the killhdinitrd patch. I've searched all over and not been able to find a valid kernal. I've had a lot of problems getting my TivoS2 to complete service updates, and would like to enable telnet so that I can kick off a garbage collection when I have issues. It seems all of the download sites have disappeard. I suppose the 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel is probably what I need, however it's been a long time since I have hacked my tivo, and my old hacks are long gone. I have already replaced the drive with a 300gig drive, so I'm sure it's not a failing drive.
My current OS is 9.3.2c, so I'm not even sure if the instructions from here are even good. http://www.techstorm.net/tivo/hackseries2.html
If someone could please help me out on this, it would be very much appreciated. I'm also more than willing to take any advice those in the community might have.

sirkingchase
07-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Would someone be kind enough to share the 7.2.2 kernel i.e. vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px

Believe it or not but it has disappeared completely from the internet.

FYI, I am also patiently waiting for someone to seed the torrent... lol its been on my torrent client for about a week with 0% progress.

Torrent ( NOTE: I am the one leecher ) https://torrentz.eu/fcf9c3fc34dbfa16da6091a32ae8b1b4082987d2