PDA

View Full Version : Backup image and slice begging thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

David Bought
07-19-2003, 11:40 PM
This thread is dedicated to helping users locate sources of Series 2 TiVo mfsbackup images and providing a proper place for discussion of posted images. If you threadcrap elsewhere begging for an image, expect your post to be deleted. If you are looking for a particular image and cannot find it, please post your request in this thread and only in this thread.

The following sites are known to have TiVo images, some of which may be for Series 2 units:

abs.net - shut down by tivo

tivostuff - shut down by tivo

As always, do not post requests or links to images that contain DTV hacking or service theft modifications. This includes DTiVo images that have the "HU hack," NOZKT hack, NO745 hack, NOIVAC hack, camless/mux-over-IP hacks, or tier check hack (fixsub.tcl is okay as it does not enable service absent a legitimate subscription to the DVR service through DTV). If you find an image on a server mentioned here that contains a forbidden hack, you may not allude to or mention the existence of the hack or discuss it at all on Dealdatabase. This site is in the U.S. and does not wish to incur the liabilities associated with abetting felony signal theft.

Thank you for your cooperation.

edit by mrblack51: please edit your posts when you have managed to get the image you were looking for. This thread will be pruned periodically, so your post will go if the thread is long and your post is old. thanks for your assistance

mrblack51
10-01-2003, 03:40 PM
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22154&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

thats in the sticky thread. the instructions are for an hdvr2.

Spydertech
12-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Guys (and gals).
Head on over to suprnova.org and search for
hdvr2
s2-40

You might be surprised what you see....

Spydertech
12-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Here is a bittorrent FAQ:

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

Cipherguy
01-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Edit:

Same rules as this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25969), which is to say, don't ask for anything blatantly illegal. Try eMule/eDonkey2000 first, searching for obvious terms like "tivo," "mfs," "slice," etc. This thread will be cleaned up every so often under the assumption that nobody waits a month for an image. Edit your post after you find what you're looking for.

If you're in a bind, PTV upgrade offers downloadable images (http://www.ptvupgrade.com/products/instantcake/) for a fee.

rgrpc
08-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Hello I am very new to the game but have some computer know how I have a dsr6000 with a 120 gig wd and extreme 2.5 already on the box but I really need to get 2.5.2 to get my locals or better yet 3.1. I don't have a null modem cable so I cannot use bash but have a computer setup to do the image. I would really a like to have an image mfs or anything to help me upgrade. I have a ftp set up ftp://rgrpc.kicks-ass.org with the user name of Tivo with no password if anyone can help me out and give me what I need it would be great!

Lowcarb
08-20-2004, 11:01 AM
I have a dsr6000 with a 120 gig wd and extreme 2.5 already on the box but I really need to get 2.5.2 to get my locals or better yet 3.1.
Original DSR6000 mfstools backup image on the way to you. ETA 2.5 hrs.
This is v 2.4 or something like that, single tuner.... You'll have to have it call in and update (at least twice) to get it up to 3.x
Do yourself a favor.
Build yourself a serial cable (http://www.tivohelp.com/archive/tivohelp.swiki.net/35.html)

If you are going to build a treehouse you need a hammer.
If you are going to change the oil in your car you need a wrench.
If you are going to hack your Tivo ......

jjsmd
08-20-2004, 12:41 PM
I just bought a used DSR 7000 and it came with software version 3.1.1b

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a link as to how to upgrade it to software version 4?

in particular I would like to be able to use
1) folders
2) wireless network over USb

any help appreciated

rgrpc
08-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Would my tivo have to be hacked to use the bash prompt I have seen null modem cable on the 9thtee. I would rather not have a hacked series 1 tivo if I can help it I want to avouid anyfuture software conflict since I pay for my tivo service.

rgrpc
08-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey lowcarb how do I restore the image you sent me to my tivo will it see the 120gig properly. what is the procedure do i copy the mfs to the fat 32 drive? or how do I do this?

Lowcarb
08-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Would my tivo have to be hacked to use the bash prompt I have seen null modem cable on the 9thtee. I would rather not have a hacked series 1 tivo if I can help it I want to avouid anyfuture software conflict since I pay for my tivo service.

You need to hack it if you want the bash prompt.

If you aren't going to do any other hacks then there isn't much point in having bash access.

You can make a serial cable for $0.99, see the link on post 198.

Lowcarb
08-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Hey lowcarb how do I restore the image you sent me to my tivo will it see the 120gig properly. what is the procedure do i copy the mfs to the fat 32 drive? or how do I do this?

You want to use a package called mfs_tools.
There are several guides out there on how to do it.
Try this one. Hinsdale (http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hinsdale-how-to/)

follow the mfs_tools 2.0 instructions and you should be in good shape, and you'll learn a few basic Linux commands along the way.

chips4s
08-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Could someone kindly add a Sony Sat-T60 Xtreme2.5 image to their Edonkey 2K shared folder so I can download? You can email or pm me for handshake. Thanks, chips4s

homer08
08-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Need 3.1.0c2 slices for DSR6000. FTP available if necessary.

Thanks

mikeyt
08-22-2004, 10:13 PM
I did a foobar, and trashed my 3.1.0c2 /tvbin/tivoapp w/o a backup. I recovered by copying the /tvbin/tivoapp from the old partition. Any chance I can get a copy?

Thanks,

DocTauri
08-23-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm in need of a 4.0.1b image (already have 4.0 and 4.0.1) if someone can point me to an FTP server (or I can set one up if you'd prefer).

Thanks!
Doc

techtvman
08-23-2004, 11:50 AM
has anyone here who has posted so far gotten an image from anyone yet?

Iago
08-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm in need of a 4.0.1b image.

Please PM.

Thanks!

lenroc
08-23-2004, 04:30 PM
has anyone here who has posted so far gotten an image from anyone yet?

Of course not! That'd be illegal! ;)

spaul
08-23-2004, 08:26 PM
If anyone would be so kind, I'd like an image for a Sony SAT-T60 with a bad drive. 2.5 would be fine, 3.x would be okay too. It appears the old URLs tossed about earlier in the threads aren't current anymore.

mikeyt
08-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I have obtained the C2 tivoapp that I requested. Thanks to forum, and to the person who made it availalbe.

RenegadeTempest
08-24-2004, 11:23 AM
I just bought a SAT-T60 off of EBay and it has a bad drive. I need a clean image to get it working. I can provide an FTP upload site. Could someone send me an e-mail or PM me? Thanks in advance.

-Jeremy

Haderak
08-24-2004, 08:38 PM
ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48ffad93e480de2149f908e5092e8ea6|/

Try that... Image has been Cleared & Deleted and max compressed... It should be good to go, although I haven't tested it personally yet...

cyreiz
08-26-2004, 08:04 PM
i need a image for my tivo. i took the hard drive out to use in my computer about a year ago. know that i can use it in my new place i want to hook it up. i dont need to hack it. just a image to use it. did not back up. thanks

cyreiz
08-26-2004, 08:17 PM
i need a image for my dtivo so that i can use it. i took the hdd out about a year ago to use in my computer. now that i have moved i can use my dtiivo service. i just need some body to tel me or give me a image. I am not intrested in hacking it yet. just want it working. i did not make a backup.

PlainBill
08-26-2004, 09:38 PM
i need a image for my dtivo so that i can use it. i took the hdd out about a year ago to use in my computer. now that i have moved i can use my dtiivo service. i just need some body to tel me or give me a image. I am not intrested in hacking it yet. just want it working. i did not make a backup.

:D :D :D
It MIGHT help if you mentioned the Model number of the TiVo....

PlainBill

cyreiz
08-26-2004, 09:49 PM
sorry, it is a s1 hughes dtivo.

iroadrocket
08-28-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm also in need of a 4.0.1b image.

Any assistance appreciated!
Please PM

Iago
09-01-2004, 03:48 PM
I have raised this question before, but I now have an image that could start the process.

I have a copy of 4.0.1b-02-2-240 that I have succesfully tested it to a 120gb drive in an HDVR2.

I do not have a fast connection. I would be willing to mail it to 3 people on CD if they agree to mail it to 3 others, and so on. This is slower, but not as much hasle for many with slower connections and eMule problems.

Any thoughts / opinions?

I would like to hear from some of the Forum "experts" about distribution through the mail. My understanding is that this software is open source, but websites have been closed down.

I will drop this if there is not much feedback.

PsychoAU
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I would think it would not be a good idea to distribute through the mail. You could run into FTC issues with using the mail to distribute copyrighted material. The government is still sorting out laws on electronic distribution, but I can assure you that Postal laws have been established for a long time.

PsychoAU

I have raised this question before, but I now have an image that could start the process.

I have a copy of 4.0.1b-02-2-240 that I have succesfully tested it to a 120gb drive in an HDVR2.

I do not have a fast connection. I would be willing to mail it to 3 people on CD if they agree to mail it to 3 others, and so on. This is slower, but not as much hasle for many with slower connections and eMule problems.

Any thoughts / opinions?

I would like to hear from some of the Forum "experts" about distribution through the mail. My understanding is that this software is open source, but websites have been closed down.

I will drop this if there is not much feedback.

MatthewSeidl
09-01-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd like to add my beg for a 3.1.5 kernel. I would really like to get lba48 support on a dtivo series 2, and this seems a lot simplier than doing monte games with a 4.x kernel.

sirfergy
09-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Yes, a 3.1.5 kernel would be ideal. Would they work on RID units?

motobrett
09-02-2004, 04:39 AM
If anyone is so inclined to log onto undernet so I can finish my T60 25Xtreme image download I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance :cool:

edmiller
09-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I wish they hadn't made everyone take down their image FTP sites...

Anyway, I just hacked my DTV with Sleeper and can't get it to work with Linksys USB200M...

[Feel free to PM me with the answer, of course.]

DIDS
09-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I am looking for the 4.0.1b-01-2-xxx or 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx image for a Hughes HDVR2. Please PM me if you can help me out.

Thanks,

DIDS

toratora
09-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Looked on edonkey, usenet, P2p- only found .mls ver. Is there an iso? If not how to get it on cd- I have tried Nero and a direct burn, and even as a 9660.
And yes- I have searched.

If there is a iso, could anyone help out an eager to start newbie? I can host a ftp site if that makes it easy for anyone.

If the .mls is the best way to go- how to get it onto a cd so that it will be read and installed in linux?

Thanks for any help(Yes, I have tried searches and I have been reading for the last week-just stuck.)

PlainBill
09-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Looked on edonkey, usenet, P2p- only found .mls ver. Is there an iso? If not how to get it on cd- I have tried Nero and a direct burn, and even as a 9660.
And yes- I have searched.

If there is a iso, could anyone help out an eager to start newbie? I can host a ftp site if that makes it easy for anyone.

If the .mls is the best way to go- how to get it onto a cd so that it will be read and installed in linux?

Thanks for any help(Yes, I have tried searches and I have been reading for the last week-just stuck.)

Ok, it's Friday. You REALLY should do some reading. Stating this as nicely as possible, you don't have a clue as to what you want to do. There is no possible need for an iso image. The file you downloaded is a mfs image file, not an mls file. That is MFS, as in MFS Tools.

Copy the file to a FAT32 hard drive and use MFS Tools to restore it to a drive to use in your Tivo. The drive must be at least as large as the drive the image came from.
Do NOT use your original TiVO drive; it probably isn't large enough.

PlainBill

toratora
09-03-2004, 12:46 PM
I know it is a dumb question-maybe so dumb that there was not a answer to even search for. Just know that I have been reading- maybe I am that dumb... :)

My confusion came from(not blaming- just explaining) the sticky guide that was posted on how to put 4.0.1 on a HDVR2. The instructions stated that you were to make 2 cd's- one to boot, one with the Tivo image. As I am using this information to get me started, I guess I never realized that putting it on a HD would work just as well. Actually, it make much more sense to me. I am guessing that you need to expand the image once on the drive.

I have been in other groups, and realize how old it gets to see the same tired questions. I am trying to learn about this- and very much appreciate your time to help and stop making me look so stupid. I will try your suggestions this weekend.

DIDS
09-03-2004, 12:56 PM
I am looking for the 4.0.1b-01-2-xxx or 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx image to use on a HDVR2. I have been searching on eDonkey the last fews days and have not found it yet. If someone could PM me about where to get it. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

DIDS

mack
09-03-2004, 05:41 PM
There are sites that host the 2.5Xtreme images but the links can't be posted here without violating forum rules. ;)

can you please point me in the right direction, thank you in advance.

DocTauri
09-03-2004, 11:16 PM
A few other things to note when making backups:
1: It is possible to back up an image after you've done the clear/delete all. Makes it nice as, after you load it and install, it immediately boots and clears everything.
2: It's also possible to back up a fully loaded/monte'd disk, then CDE (clear/delete all) after you've restored it to a different Tivo. I just did that with 3, made a master out of one, backed it up, restored to the other 2, CDE, then they're fully loaded.

But, I haven't tried a fully loaded CDE backup (should work though).

Doc

chips4s
09-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm in search of a SAT-T60 25Xtreme image. I've setup a ftp site. Please email or pm me for site address. Thanks, chips4s

a9114me
09-05-2004, 01:24 PM
i need a clean image for my philips hdr212...the HDD crashed, no backup.
thank you!

chips4s
09-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Sorry I lost site of the thread title. I'm supposed to beg so now I am. I'm a Sony Sat-t60 newbie who would really like to run Xtreme2.5 on my Tivo. I've also hooked up with 2 other newbies who I've agreed to share with, so if you help me out you're actually helping 3 T60 newbies get on their feet. I'm looking for the T60Xtreme2.5 iso image.

I have an ftp site address for quick upload or I can use EDonkey2K. Please help me get stated. PM me for my ftp site address or if you have an image you can open up in your ED2K shared folder. Thanks in advance, chips4s :D

w2kr
09-05-2004, 08:35 PM
There's been a lot of begging for a 3.1.5 kernel here. Has anyone found one? Please PM me if you're willing to share. If you've begged and haven't found one, I'd also be interested in hearing about your search.

dave4089
09-05-2004, 08:44 PM
There's been a lot of begging for a 3.1.5 kernel here. Has anyone found one? Please PM me if you're willing to share. If you've begged and haven't found one, I'd also be interested in hearing about your search.

w2kr,

I have not found a 3.1.5 kernel, but I have built one from the sources which are available at tivo.com. I currently do not have anyway to test this kernel. I had two problems during the build which I was able to work around. An explanation of the problems that I had can be found in the following post:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182149&postcount=71

If you are really bored and just into pain, I would be happy to send you this kernel if you would like to test it. Just let me know.

Dave

legion455
09-06-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm also in need of a 4.01b-02-xxx image.
thanks, in advance, for any help!!!

Allen S

djflux
09-06-2004, 10:56 AM

I don't need the kernel, I need the image. From some of the questions I've had answered by other members and elsewhere, it appears that a 3.1.5 kernel will not work with a 3.1.0/1 software image (the one that comes with/is upgraded to with the DSR704 - I have this model as well dave4089 [see http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182149&postcount=71]).

I've been able to compile 3.1.5 from the tivo.com sources with no issues, however if it doesn't work with 3.1.1 images it is of no use to me. That's why I was begging for a 3.1.5 "image." :)

I want to try to get the prism54 USB driver working with the 3.1.5 kernel so that we can start using 802.11g cards. I have the standard prism54 kernel module building against some slightly patched 3.1.5 and 4.0 kernel sources, however the USB portion of this driver is still under development and only for the 2.6 kernel (and also doesn't fully work yet).

The standard module only works for PCMCIA NICs (last time I checked my Tivo didn't have a PCMCIA slot :) ). I'm working on a backport of the USB code to 2.4, however it's slow going because I've never written a Linux device driver. I'm looking at drivers/usb/pegasus.c for inspiration, but it's going to be a while before I can get something that actually works :)

dave4089
09-06-2004, 11:29 AM
it appears that a 3.1.5 kernel will not work with a 3.1.0/1 software image

Does anyone know this for sure or has anyone tried it?

Dave

w2kr
09-06-2004, 01:12 PM
The reason I want a built kernel for 3.1.5 from the HD-TiVo is that I want to run killhdinitrd on it and have it be the primary kernel that's booted. Only the original Hughes kernel will be signed correctly to use with killhdinitrd. That way I don't have to mess with monte'ing a LBA48 kernel.

If we just distribute the kernel and/or root filesystems, I don't think we're doing anything unethical or illegal. We're dealing with GPL only code. Of course this argument doesn't hold true if you consider an "image" to also include TiVos proprietary code. That's why I've refrained from asking for an image. I just want a kernel and the corresponding drivers etc. to put on my DSR704. If the 3.1.0 modules/drivers are compatible with the 3.1.5 kernel, shouldn't the kernel be all we need?

djflux
09-06-2004, 05:43 PM
If the 3.1.0 modules/drivers are compatible with the 3.1.5 kernel, shouldn't the kernel be all we need?

If the Tivo kernels are like other standard Linux kernels, then the 3.1.0 (Linux kernel 2.4.4) modules will not load into the 3.1.5 (Linux 2.4.20) kernel because of MODVERSIONS. When the kernel modules are compiled and the CONFIG_MODVERSIONS option is set, the modules are tagged for a specific kernel version and modprobe/insmod will complain that the modules were compiled for another kernel version and will not load. Therefore we'd need the proprietary modules from 3.1.5 anyway.

TiVOBell
09-06-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm looking for a Pioneer DVR-810H image which is known to be expandable. I have been gone for awhile but just ordered mine and want to be prepared.

Thanks!!!!!

example42
09-07-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm looking for an image for a Tivo Series 2 stand alone. I was doing some work on my upgraded drive and messed some things up, so I decided I would restore from the original. Wouldn't you know it, my original drive is dead. Grr! I can provide an upload location or can download it. I'm desperate, so whatever will work best for you!

w2kr
09-07-2004, 12:59 AM
Looking for PTVUpgrades, InstantCakeHD software. According to their webpage, copying is allowed. See the following from their webpage at http://www.ptvupgrade.com/support/instantcake/

InstantCake software is released and distributed under the GNU General Public License, you are free to copy, modify and redistribute it in accordance with the GPL.

Has anyone found a link to purchase this CD. I'd be willing to buy it if I could figure out how to on their web pages.

SirAllen
09-07-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm in need of 25xtreme for a DSR6000. I'm willing to download it using whatever method suits you best.

Thanks in advance!

compwiz312
09-07-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm looking for a 3.1.5 image, if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Justin

Fletch319
09-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm looking for a 3.1.5 image, if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Justin

same here :)

I'm also looking for a 4.01a kernel if anyone has one let me know :) I don't need the whole backup. just the kernel will do.

rc3105 didn't seem to think it would be a problem to post kernels on this board. Can anyone else confirm that? if so it would be great if someone could post a 4.01a kernel :)

ljvk61
09-09-2004, 01:03 PM
for use in the killhdinitrd/monte experiment. FTP can be made available.

PiZmAn
09-10-2004, 02:23 AM
After screwing around, being distracted on my 4th attempt to get my 2nd drive going, I accidently used the original drive.

Please...can someone point me to an image.

Thanks,
:(

Quaro
09-10-2004, 02:35 PM
I have one of the first series 2 units, the 'AT&T Broadband ones'. Does this use a standard series 2 image?

I upgraded the units years ago -- it's long out of warranty. The HD finally died and I need to get it running again. I suppose I don't care about the version so much as long as it gets it working and then the tivo will update itself. Thanks for any pointers to an image.

jon

hokie
09-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Can someone PM me with a location for a 4.0.1b-1 or 4.0.1b-2 image for an hdvr2? Thanks in advance!

djflux
09-11-2004, 03:43 PM

Thank you in advance,
Justin

Ditto from me as well.

bushman
09-11-2004, 09:53 PM
I am new to stand alones and want to know if i can use any stand alone (manufacturer) series 2. will like to swap HDVR2 image for a stand alone 2 hopefully version 4

please private message

captainjrl
09-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Need a good 4.01b image for a HDVR2. Not sure if its me or not but it seems as if I keep getting bad ones from eMule.

PM me.

Thanks!

ieatlint
09-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I need an image for a Philips DSR6000.
I can work from an original or modded MFS backup, just currently have a large paperweight sitting around that needs to get going.
Transfer can be made through any protocol to a server with 100Mbit uplink. Willing to reshare approx. 1GB worth of it to others on this board (which, as I recall, will be anywhere from 5 to 10 people).
If you can help, contact me.
I will modify this post if and when I obtain it, and give further instructions for others who are interested in getting it from me at that time.

SR712
09-13-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm looking for a 3.1.5 and a 4.01a kernel. Thanks. Please PM.

Gambit
09-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Can anyone with a 4.0.1b-01 or 4.0.1b-02 image for an hdvr2 PM me with a location were I can get it? Not having ne luck on emule.

Thanks!

djbradster
09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Can anyone with a 4.0.1b-01 or 4.0.1b-02 image for an hdvr2 PM me with a location were I can get it? Not having ne luck on emule.

Thanks!
Hi,
I'm also looking for either one of these two...want to get the HMO working on the DTivo. Please PM me if you know where I can find one...

Thanks!

jetfixr
09-16-2004, 05:31 PM

Thanks!

I am feeling your pain man. I have been all over the net and there isn't a lot out there. I hosed the image on my HDVR2 trying to upgrade from tivoweb to tivowebplus {sigh} At any rate I wouldn't mind starting fresh with a 4.0 image if anyone knows of a good ftp site where I could get one.... PM me please

nilknarf
09-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Nevermind....figured out my problem and no longer need an image. Mod, please delete. Thanks!

Murdock
09-21-2004, 03:30 AM
If somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

PM if you can help me,
Thanks in advance

dogbreath
09-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Would someone please post 3.1.5 and 5.x.x on emule?

dogbreath

chicagofire
09-21-2004, 10:22 AM
I have a HDVR2 who's HDD crapped out. I have a 40GB drive that's slightly smaller than the original maxtor, so my backup won't work. Anyone with an image that can help me out, please PM me.

Thanks!

compwiz312
09-22-2004, 12:10 AM
If someone could send me 3.1.1d slices for a DTivo, I would greatly appreciate it as I would like to install the newest version on one of my DirecTivos that isn't connected to the satellite now.

Thanks,
Justin

m4mmut
09-22-2004, 05:48 AM
I could use the 3.1.5d slices. For some reason my HD Tivo didnt pick them up on the 15th...

Thanks!

thedvrguy
09-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi:

I lost a harddrive. Does anyone have the latest image for an SA HDR112 (single drive).

Thank you,

Wayne

octal
09-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Since instant cake is released under GPL....
Is anyone willing to share a copy of their DSR6000 Instantcake CD?

Octal

bwithka
09-25-2004, 12:29 AM
I am looking for a 4.01b image for a HDVR2 and I am also having trouble finding it. PM me if you have a link to one.

I am ready to blow it up. What good is it if you can't network it.

Thanks,

Briana

hayreass
09-25-2004, 06:36 AM

PlainBill
09-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Got a few hdvr2's lying around here, think i'd like to try a 4.0.1b-01 or 4.0.1b-02 image on it.
Got any ideas where to find one?
A P.M. would be great

Thanks

They can be found the same place they were a month ago - on the ED2K file sharing network. Get the eMule client from www.emule-project.net. Do a global server search for Tivo, or here are links.

ed2k://|file|tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs|156475495|D2F31122E4F29C4F5A4C5CEF2FAE8C79|/
ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48FFAD93E480DE2149F908E5092E8EA6|/

PlainBill

NutKase
09-25-2004, 01:20 PM
They can be found the same place they were a month ago - on the ED2K file sharing network. Get the eMule client from www.emule-project.net. Do a global server search for Tivo, or here are links.

ed2k://|file|tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs|156475495|D2F31122E4F29C4F5A4C5CEF2FAE8C79|/
ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48FFAD93E480DE2149F908E5092E8EA6|/

PlainBill

Be careful of that first one. You can read about the problems with it here. (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37197&page=3&pp=40)

<SNIP from thread>
The bad file name on mine is "tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs" 149 MB (no backgrounds, mp3/pause live tv)

I tried another image "40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs" 386 MB and it appears to be good.
</SNIP from theread>

NutKase

jmhull
09-25-2004, 07:02 PM
I tried another image "40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs" 386 MB and it appears to be good.

NutKase
Exactly which version is this image? Is it 4.0.1b-02-xxx?

-- Jim

NutKase
09-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Exactly which version is this image? Is it 4.0.1b-02-xxx?

No idea, read the thread I linked and ask the poster.

NutKase

aristoBrat
09-26-2004, 01:33 AM
ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48ffad93e480de2149f908e5092e8ea6|/

Try that... Image has been Cleared & Deleted and max compressed... It should be good to go, although I haven't tested it personally yet...
It really doesn't get easier than this.

Download and setup eMule folks. Then come back to this thread, click the link above, and find something to do for a few hours while it downloads.

Did it tonight. It was cool to see file shared by a few more-than-regular users in this thread. ;)

northof49
09-26-2004, 02:53 AM
If someone could help me out maybe put on emule that would be great.

TIA

bato
09-28-2004, 10:20 AM
I have a hughes with 2.5.2 that I want to upgrade to 3.1.0c2, I need the slices to use sleepyiso1.1. Thanks.

sweet
10-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Which version Os is working the best on this unit?
I lost the orig drive before I saw what version was Installed.Currently have the hughs dvr40 3.1.1b that I aquired to test with... Works Ok cept for can't record .Says hardware failure.If someone has this model could ya please "link" a bak of it? TIA ;)

spaceman1013
10-01-2004, 05:29 AM
I thought this image is an LBA48 image:

Can someone confirm if the above image is good. I want to avoid LBA48 since I heard there are issues if this is not implemented correctly.

DocTauri
10-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Which version Os is working the best on this unit?
I lost the orig drive before I saw what version was Installed.Currently have the hughs dvr40 3.1.1b that I aquired to test with... Works Ok cept for can't record .Says hardware failure.If someone has this model could ya please "link" a bak of it? TIA ;)

Did you load 3.1.1b off of some other source? Wondering if the hardware error is the one you get after loading an image that didn't come from your machine, fixed by doing a Clear & Delete Everything.

Doc

sweet
10-01-2004, 08:44 PM
That fixed the hardware error .thx! I put the hacks in from the sleeper cd,now to figure out the networking.Have a usb net adapter that's getting a light with the pegasus driver loaded:) Could you point me to the thread on getting the ftp going ?

DocTauri
10-01-2004, 11:21 PM
If you got the drivers loaded, and are able to telnet into the box (and assuming you loaded all of the hacks from Sleeper's, including tivoftpd), ftp is as simple as typing tivoftpd at the bash prompt.

Doc

chisox
10-02-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm looking for a S2 4.01b Dtivo image. Please PM me a link if you have one.

...and emule sucks. Why don't people around here use the newsgroups? I've checked alt.video.ptv.tivo for a couple of weeks and haven't seen one thing. Everyone else in the world uses newsgroups for underground/hacked/pirated files...but not the people in this hobby?

aristoBrat
10-02-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm looking for a S2 4.01b Dtivo image. Please PM me a link if you have one.

...and emule sucks. Why don't people around here use the newsgroups? I've checked alt.video.ptv.tivo for a couple of weeks and haven't seen one thing. Everyone else in the world uses newsgroups for underground/hacked/pirated files...but not the people in this hobby?
If you "share" a lot, are YOU going to take the time to keep regularly re-uploading your stuff to a system that cycles it off after XX many days?

ram0135
10-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Hello All,
I would like to know if anyone out there has a 'virgin' image of 5.x software for a S2 TiVo box. If anyone does it would be appreciated! I have my own FTP so if anyone has it and is willing to upload it for me, Please PM me.

Thanks,
Ram0135

SirTrini
10-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi All,

If any could help it would be appreciated!

I went to my Hughes backup only to find it corrupted. So I tried the DSR6000 xtreme 2.5 image and upgraded it to 3.0 but becuase of a version mismatch (I think) it will not download 3.1c2.

So if any one could send me tthe slice files for 3.1c2 or a image for a series 1 hughes I would appreciate it!

PM me or e-mail me at sirtrini @ rogers dot com.

Mike

Larek
10-03-2004, 08:39 PM
same here :)

I'm also looking for a 4.01a kernel if anyone has one let me know :) I don't need the whole backup. just the kernel will do.

I'm looking for a 3.1.5 and a 4.01a kernel. Thanks. Please PM.

Dito, I really whant a 4.0.1a kernal

Does anyone have a 4.0.1a kernal, These two have never gotten a reply to their posts (or they never updated them). eMule is swamped with 4.0.1b kernals and most postings to this forum are looking for the 4.0.1b

What is so good about the 'b', Could someone fill me in? Why do so many want it?

I want the 'a' since for the newest Killhdinitrd "the ONLY 4.x kernel supported is 4.0.1a"

from killhdinitrd 0.9.x Support Thread:

the ONLY 4.x kernel supported is 4.0.1a

Any suggestions other than to:
Search eMule/Mmx/torent/suprnova.org/

PlainBill
10-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Dito, I really whant a 4.0.1a kernal

Does anyone have a 4.0.1a kernal, These two have never gotten a reply to their posts (or they never updated them). eMule is swamped with 4.0.1b kernals and most postings to this forum are looking for the 4.0.1b

What is so good about the 'b', Could someone fill me in? Why do so many want it?

I want the 'a' since for the newest Killhdinitrd "the ONLY 4.x kernel supported is 4.0.1a"

from killhdinitrd 0.9.x Support Thread:

Any suggestions other than to:
Search eMule/Mmx/torent/suprnova.org/

:rolleyes: Yeah, look in the Files forum. Hint: It's in the thread Kernels for S2.

Plainbill

ruckus
10-05-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm having no success with eMule either. I'm looking for a S2 4.01b Dtivo image. Please PM me a link if you have one.

I'd be willing to share the image from the HR10-250.

Thanks,
-rucksu

HkyFrk
10-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Been out of the loop for quite a while. I believe I need to upgrade to 2.5.2 in order to get locals. Any Idea where I can get the update file??

Thanks
HkyFrk

NutKase
10-05-2004, 02:31 PM
I'm having no success with eMule either. I'm looking for a S2 4.01b Dtivo image.

One thing to note: There is no such thing as a 4.01b. The way to refer to tivo OS is everything up to through the two numbers after the first dash.

The 'B' images are: 4.0.1b-01 and 4.0.1b-02. Also, there are no 4.x images that are for DTivo's. They run on them, but, they were released for SA S2 tivos.

I wanted to clarify that in case you were passing by 4.0.1b images that didn't say for DTivos. Any will work.

NutKase

Bantis
10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a Series 1 HDR212 Image. I'm heading home in two weeks to fix my parents TiVo, so I'll need to get ahold of it by then. Any help is much appreciated!

JimBliss
10-07-2004, 02:44 AM
I have a HDVR2 I got off of ebay, I want to have it running 4.0.1b-02 with HMO/MRV. InstantCake CD for a Series2 Standalone would this help? Or wouldn't it include the HMO?

hpfanatic
10-09-2004, 01:44 AM
My Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo died, and I can't find my old cd's with the original backup image for 2.0, or the xtreme 2.5.2. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

cav
10-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Hey JimBliss,

I just obtained the current InstantCake for SVR-3000, a SA S2 tivo. The cd included a 4.0.1-01-2-110 image and I *think* HMO wasn't included. My S2 downloaded 4.0.1b-02-2-110 immediately, after which I did have HMO.

Good luck,

C

JimBliss
10-09-2004, 03:31 PM
I got a tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs from emule and I don't know if the HMO is in there or not? Is it always there in 4.0.1b-02 but you have to activate it? Or is it like Windows XP? Windows Media Player 10 is not part of Service Pack 2. If so how do I tell it's there? I don't see "Music & Photos" on TiVo Central, but I do see in System Information Software Version: 4.0.1b-02-2-240, DVR Name <Name this DVR on tivo.com>, Home Media Option: all three Inactive, Recording Capacity up to 32 hours (this is a stock DirecTiVo HD). So it it there but not active?

I'm also totally confused killhdinitrd if I have a HDVR2 with 4.0.1b-02 which thread do I read? Or do I have to read about 10 different ones?

Then after that which superpatch is best? I want HMO, TiVo Web, and a way to pull the shows off for DVD. CallerID might be cool.

squasher
10-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Could someone please PM me with pointers to where I could find a 3.1u5 image for an HDVR2 ?

I've been unsuccessul finding one on eMule.

Thanks

NutKase
10-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Could someone please PM me with pointers to where I could find a 3.1u5 image for an HDVR2 ?

Thanks

I'll put it up now.

NutKase

compwiz312
10-09-2004, 11:57 PM

Thanks

Why would you want a 3.1u5 image?

squasher
10-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Why would you want a 3.1u5 image?

correct me if I'm wrong but if I want to perform Monte, etc. and allow access to Bash (and everything else), I need to first boot into 3.1u5 before booting into what is currently on my HDVR2 (3.1.1c).

compwiz312
10-10-2004, 12:18 AM
correct me if I'm wrong but if I want to perform Monte, etc. and allow access to Bash (and everything else), I need to first boot into 3.1u5 before booting into what is currently on my HDVR2 (3.1.1c).

Unfortunetly, that is incorrect. Search for killhdinitrd, that replaces the 3.1u5 method completely.

NutKase
10-10-2004, 01:34 AM

I assumed he wanted to monte, and he said it again...

31u5, 3.1.1c or any other killhdinitrd supported kernel will work for monte.

If all you want is to hack your tivo, and NOT use monte, which used uses a killhdinitrd supported kernel to 'switch/monte' into a non-stock (lba48 or other) kernel then you can just...

killhdinitrd a 3.1.1c kernel and use it with your 3.x based system to hack your tivo. Read my Any killhdinitrd compatible kernel (Not just 31u5) and a monte (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37570) thread. You can use any killhdinitrd supported kernel (not just 31u5), to boot and monte from.

Again, if all you want is to hack your tivo and you have no need to run a non-normal tivo kernel, then all you need is:

killhdinitrd
a supported kernel (3.1.1c)
and install your hacks

NutKase

NutKase
10-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Search for killhdinitrd, that replaces the 3.1u5 method completely.

Not quite true.

killhdinitrd replaces the old reasons we HAD to monte... i.e. to gain access to S2 tivos.

Monte is still necessary if you want to use a non-stock(killhdinitrd'd) supported kernel (lba48, or other) on your tivo.

If you don't want to monte (and you would if you wanted things like lba48 large disk access), ANY killhdinitrd supported kernel will do.

If you DO want to monte, for reasons described above, 31u5 is readily available (it's on tivoscripts.iso, use WinRAR to extract it... then delete the tivoscripts.iso QUICKLY :), before you're tempted to use it to install all the outdated stuff/hack your tivo).

NutKase

compwiz312
10-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Not quite true.

killhdinitrd replaces the old reasons we HAD to monte... i.e. to gain access to S2 tivos.

Sorry, I guess I misspoke. I assume (Correct me if im wrong) that for the average Tivo hacker, monte just isn't necessary. Really the only reason that I could see to use it still is for either the Pioneer units or for using LBA48.

Justin

NutKase
10-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Sorry, I guess I misspoke. I assume (Correct me if im wrong) that for the average Tivo hacker, monte just isn't necessary. Really the only reason that I could see to use it still is for either the Pioneer units or for using LBA48.

Justin

No problem, just getting all the information out there. You never know exactly what someone has in mind :).

If all that is needed is bash, and the abililty to install hacks, NO MONTE IS REQUIRED. (CAPS to catch attention only :))

Just get a killhdinitrd supported kernel and away you go!

NutKase

bbsux
10-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Can someone help?

I had to buy a HDVR2 and it came with a hacked drive. I'd like a clean 3.X image so I can do the new killhdinitrd thing.... But I have't been able to download one from e-mule.

Can someone help?

Thanks

RaaZZor
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
looking for sony t-60 3.1.0c2 upgrade slices thank you.

Prof. Honeydew
10-12-2004, 02:33 AM
I am looking for the Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs (or feel free to recommend a better image) for my HDVR2. I had tried ed2k but only could only get around 60% of it.

So if someone could please point me in the right direction...

Thanks.

tmorvant
10-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Anyone have the 4.0 Image? My 4.01b is acting weird. The Now playing list will empty out from time to time and I have to wait several mins before it will come back. PM me with the details...

cognac
10-12-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm looking for a S2 4.01b image. Please PM me a link if you have one.

Thanks
cognac

NutKase
10-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Delete please

Radams58
10-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Same as above really need a non-hacked image for a DSR6000 that I'm getting rid of :)

Can't seem to find the original drive.

Thanks, Rob

Hichhiker
10-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Got a T60 with a dead hard drive and cannot find my backup image. HELP!!

Thanks

BAHitman
10-15-2004, 09:33 PM
already got what I needed... Thanks to all who assisted me.

MBQuart
10-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Folks,

I have been looking and looking for a 4.0.1b-02 image. I've tried torrent sites, edonkey/overnet, limewire, ... but have come up with only empty or expired links. :(

If anyone knows of a better place to find this image, or can help me out, please reply or PM me.

-MBQuart

MishaGray
10-18-2004, 01:38 AM
A Xtreme 3.1 and also a virgin image for a DSR6000r would make me a thankful guy.

Overzeetop
10-18-2004, 08:34 PM
edit: thank for the info (other newbies looking for DSR7000 image, see my reply below for resolution)

NutKase
10-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Same old sob story...HD went belly up, can't find the disc with the original image I made 15 months ago, reduced to begging for a Philips DSR7000 image. (I couldn't find one on emule...just HDVR2s and hacked, and can't seem to find a torrent site with images)

TIA,
overzeetop at gmail dot com

edit: PS: I have some space to re-host via private ftp in return.

Don't beg, read. Images work because the tivo software version is a 'normal' one for your DTivo.

HDVR2 images will work fine on your DSR7000. They're the same for all practical purposes.

NutKase

Overzeetop
10-19-2004, 09:48 AM
NutKase wrote:

Images work because the tivo software version is a 'normal' one for your DTivo. HDVR2 images will work fine on your DSR7000. They're the same for all practical purposes.

Thanks for the info. What I had read led me to believe that the different models will choke on software from foreign boxes (without additional hacks). I waded through this board for a couple hours looking for alternate solutions, and have spent a bunch of time over at tivocommunity, before resorting to begging. I am, admittedly, not comfortable with linux - I used AIX for a couple of years about a decade ago, but never had to admin the box - and bringing up a shell on my tivo would likely end in tears.

I will take a shot with the HDVR2 on my DSR7000.

***EDIT***
For those trying this...beware: Everthing worked fine for about two days, then DTV pushed a software update and ~splat~ the machine froze during the process. A power cycle sent the machine into a boot loop that didn't even make it as far as the checkpanic, so I couldn't even force an emergency reinstall. I'll keep looking for a 7000 image or buy a new box at this point.

kreziwill@yahoo
10-19-2004, 11:07 AM
I tried putting the 4.01b image on my s4040r without checking to see if it was RID. Like an *****, I didn't backup my drive. Now I'm stuck with nothing. Does anyone have a backup of s4040r. I don't need any hacks. I just want it back to working status!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

tmorvant
10-19-2004, 07:23 PM
NutKase wrote:

I waded through this board for a couple hours looking for alternate solutions, and have spent a bunch of time over at tivocommunity

Take it from me, it takes more than a COUPLE of hours.

kafowler10
10-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Does anyone have an SD-H400 image I could get? PM.

Montaņo
10-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Just a plain old ordinary image to revert back to any software version prior to 3.1.1d
THANKS!!

Prof. Honeydew
10-20-2004, 02:26 AM
I am looking for the Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs (or feel free to recommend a better image) for my HDVR2. I had tried ed2k but only could only get around 60% of it.

So if someone could please point me in the right direction...

Thanks.

Hello, I am still looking for a 4.x image to upgrade my HDVR2 to. I found 40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs but I can't run killinitrd on it (Expected 0x10400054 but instead got 0x1212c1c1). Even tried a 4.0.1.a kernel as the monte kernel for that image but that didn't work either.

I also found a Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs. But can't seem to get that image all of the way up without crashing my unit either.

So if some one would be kind enough to point me to a good 4.x image so I can upgrade and hack my HDVR2 up to, I would be ever so happy.

hayreass
10-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Delete Please

kreziwill@yahoo
10-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx to upgrade my DTivo (HDVR2). If anyone can help, that would be amazing.

Thanks! :D

hayreass
10-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx to upgrade my DTivo (HDVR2). If anyone can help, that would be amazing.

Check emule, I know that one's on there ;)

Murdock
10-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Looking for 3.1.0c2 slices....
Tried emule, but can only find 3.1.1c
I'd Like to experiment with it and see if I like it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Search emule for "3.1.0d" this is the newest software version for the S1 DTivo and the slices are available on emule.

purefusion
10-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I would also like to upgrade my 3.1.1b to a 4.0.1b, so I'm looking for the image too. please PM me!

Thanks so much!

hopefulboydy
10-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Can anyone give me a copy of a image I can load on a TCD 140060 series 2.

My original drive died and i didnt ever upgrade and therefore dont have an back-up image. I am going to put in a bigger drive in there now so a suitable image for a bigger model in the same series would also work. It doesnt matter what software version it is as long as its suitable for the model.

MBQuart
10-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi,

Check emule, I know that one's on there ;)

It is there but nobody is sharing :(.

I have had "tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs" (149.3M) & "Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs" (162.65M) in my eMule transfer queue for over a week now and still have only downloaded <1M of each image.

If anyone has either of these images, will you please run your eMule/eDonkey client and share these files? Even if it's just over the weekend.

Thanks!

Oh, and for those who have used the above image(s), do you know if either of them is bad?

russ725
10-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Me too.... looking for a clean 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx to use on an HDVR2.
No luck so far with emule. Now the begging part....PLEASE, PLEASE... :D

hayreass
10-23-2004, 12:31 AM
done ... I'll leave them up as much as I can this weekend

MBQuart
10-23-2004, 12:34 PM
done ... I'll leave them up as much as I can this weekend

Ohhh, ohhh, I now have 66.5% of "tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs"! Thanks!! :D

The status is currenty back to "Looking" though so whenever you can share it again that would be great! :o

-MBQuart

hi_dencity
10-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Managed to hose up my HDVR2 by installing a killhdinitrd'd 3.1.5 kernel but I forgot about the rootfs... would really appreciate if someone could post it and PM me, thanks.

theartist
10-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Looks like I'll have to beg as well. I've been on emule looking but no suscessful luck.

After a few months of reading the forums, I'd like to give putting version 4 on my DVR a shot. Can anyone help me out with an image?

Thanks much!
:)

deadhead
10-25-2004, 10:51 AM
there is a 4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs up on emule.

I suppose the only way to find out if its "clean" is to apply it and see.

theartist
10-25-2004, 12:39 PM

For the past few days I'be been trying to snag that one but I'm not getting any bites on emule. I however have downloaded the 4.0b image on there. I am not sure what all the differences are but I was hoping to use the 4.0.1b image.

MBQuart
10-25-2004, 02:21 PM

FYI:

I was able to get this emule image to load and boot on my HDVR2. But I was not able to apply the Sleeper monte hacks succesfully. I was gettin the "no space left on device" error while it was trying to untar the hacks into /dev/hdc7.

Not sure what the problem was.

The other emule image, 4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs, I was able to use and apply the Sleeper monte hack BUT it has the transparent menu issue. The one where the Tivo menus no longer have a colored background but instead have live video as the background. A real pain in the ass to see.

Does anyone know if any of the InstantCake S2 SA images have 4.0.1a or 4.0.1b???

-MBQuart

new2here
10-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Well... if you follow the instructions in this thread, set up eMule you will find that both files listed in the thread are available.

However.. downloading at a whopping 200B/sec (yes, B, not kb) means it's going to take awhile... but at least it is out there.

Here's to hoping it works once I've got it all downloaded, and a THANK YOU to those who are sharring it out there on eMule. I've seen lots of people begging, but very few saying thanks... and I know, for one, that a thanks is well deserved.

llokey
10-28-2004, 10:43 AM
I have an HDR212 with no drive and a new 80 GB Maxtor drive. Would someone please help with an image on eMule? TIA!

THANX - Larry

grog54321
10-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Does anyone out there know where I can locate an HR10-250 (HD DirectTivo) image? My B drive died and now the whole thing is hosed and I didn't have a backup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

herky
11-01-2004, 03:17 PM
I am looking for an lba48 kernel to use with a 4.01b image on my HDVR2. I have seen lba48 kernels posted for a 3.x image but I like folders and HMO too much to go back. I started out using the sleeper method quite a while back and am now having much more fun learning to monte and killhdinitrd myself, but I'm not yet to the stage where I can build my own kernel. I would love to be able to use my entire 180 GB drive instead of settling for the 137 GB limit. If anybody would be willing to share their own lba48 kernel I would appreciate it.

This forum has an amazing amount of information available and I'm sure I will figure out how to do this myself eventually. I'm just impatient and want it all right away. Thanks to all of the contributers who make this place such an exceptional site.

devin_mm
11-01-2004, 08:58 PM
I really really need an image for an HDR612.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Devin

boboli
11-04-2004, 08:42 AM
I could really use the image for the above SA Tivo.

B

alm450
11-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I have a TCD24008A SA2 with a corrupt drive.
Just went out and bought a new drive but I need an image.
Looked on e-mule and found nothing, same on bearshare.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
alm

Murdock
11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
I have a TCD24008A SA2 with a corrupt drive.
Just went out and bought a new drive but I need an image.
Looked on e-mule and found nothing, same on bearshare.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
alm

The image you want is on emule, the one you want is named Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs and it is 162.65 megs in size. Stay away from the other 4.0.1b images on emule most have problems with them like no background etc or are not the latest release of 4.01b which is 4.0.1b-02-2-240

fsolanes
11-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Hi I was wondering if somone could point me in the direction of a Philips DSR6000 Image...
Thank You,
Fern

Homer S
11-05-2004, 02:04 PM
How can you make a minimum sized backup for restoration which is smaller? The idea would be to make a backup as small as possible but still be complete (including menu backgrounds) which could then be used more conveniently.

I have seen a reference or 2 regarding this but no "how to" or even detailed hints.

Any constructive pointers welcome.

Homer Out

PlainBill
11-05-2004, 02:46 PM
How can you make a minimum sized backup for restoration which is smaller? The idea would be to make a backup as small as possible but still be complete (including menu backgrounds) which could then be used more conveniently.

I have seen a reference or 2 regarding this but no "how to" or even detailed hints.

Any constructive pointers welcome.

Homer Out

AFIK, it's not possible to compress the MFS partitions as part of a backup. Every discussion on that I have seen results in 'not possible'.

There is a thread on creating a TiVo file system from scratch, including the MFS Partitions in whatever size you wish. At a rough guess, it should be possible to produce an image which could be loaded onto a 10 Gig drive, or even smaller. http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29775

PlainBill

Trusted-1
11-06-2004, 01:42 PM
I am seeking an image or slices from a Pioneer DVR-810H (or Pioneer 57H) version 5.2 (not 5.2.2 or 5.2.1a)?

There are patches available for V 5.2 that have not been found for the later versions. I have an online storage site that can be used to upload the image and I'd be willing to share the final result once I am successful. I am trying to get mfs_ftp, tytools, telnet, ftp and TivoWebPlus all working. I am currently stuck on disabling encryption and the patch to disable this is available for V 5.2.

Thanks,
Trusted-1

RavenStL
11-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Ok, I have an HDVR2 and it is running OEM 3.1d or whatever. I am worried to Emule and use an image when people state they get undesired results and a "Bad Image" was to blame. I guess, is their someone who has a 4.0.1b thats perfect for the HDVR2? Otherwise I will try the Emule's and start learning!

gerodude
11-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Does anyone out there know where I can locate an HR10-250 (HD DirectTivo) image? My B drive died and now the whole thing is hosed and I didn't have a backup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you ever get this? I am in need of it as well.

PlainBill
11-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Ok, I have an HDVR2 and it is running OEM 3.1d or whatever. I am worried to Emule and use an image when people state they get undesired results and a "Bad Image" was to blame. I guess, is their someone who has a 4.0.1b thats perfect for the HDVR2? Otherwise I will try the Emule's and start learning!

It's been reported that Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs on emule is good. tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs is missing background loopsets, and may have other problems.

PlainBill

Champion1
11-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Can someone plz PM me a link to download the Tivo Image 4.01b for my HDRV2.. and does anyone have the TiVo_Image_4.0.1b_killhdinitrd_w_hacks.mfs.zip maybe by chance with all the hacks already in it.. that would be great.. any help greatly appreciated.. i also you icq 61921359 i have 400 gig of movies to trade.. if interested.. thanks a bunch.. you can also email me at blake.champion@gte.net on msn messenger too.
I have been in queue on emule for a week now.. Plz help

dalesd
11-08-2004, 09:23 PM

I have that file, same hash and everything, and I'm trying to put it onto an 80Gb drive. It's giving me a restore error: Backup target not large enough for entire backup by itself.

PlainBill
11-08-2004, 10:02 PM
I have that file, same hash and everything, and I'm trying to put it onto an 80Gb drive. It's giving me a restore error: Backup target not large enough for entire backup by itself.

Common problem. Not all 80 Gig drives are the same size. Restore it to a 120 Gig - they're real cheap.

PlainBill

dalesd
11-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Common problem. Not all 80 Gig drives are the same size. Restore it to a 120 Gig - they're real cheap.

PlainBill

Thanks.

I tried it again and left out the -s 127 and it worked.

I have a 160Gb drive on the way ($50 AR from outpost.com) I just had this 80Gb laying around, so I thought I'd see what I can do. Actually, I'm not even a D* customer yet, but I will be soon. I don't even have a dish, so I'm kinda limited in what I can do. :confused:

Hellbent
11-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi I'm looking for a 4.0.1b Image for my hughes hdvr2 which I have running with a 3.1.0 since I got it more than a year ago.

Now with the killhdinitrd method I figured I want to unsleeper my tivo, update the image and start learning again , please advise.

PlainBill
11-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi I'm looking for a 4.0.1b Image for my hughes hdvr2 which I have running with a 3.1.0 since I got it more than a year ago.

Now with the killhdinitrd method I figured I want to unsleeper my tivo, update the image and start learning again , please advise.

Emule. See other posts in this thread, especially this one. http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192531&postcount=163

PlainBill

Hellbent
11-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Found it , thanks

johnsolo
11-12-2004, 05:51 AM
I am looking for an image for a TCD24004A , 40 hour series 2 unit.
I would be most appreciative if someone out there could point me in the right direction :)
email is tivo@ johnsolo.net if you want to email me. Thank you thank you thank you
I will search emule, but I dont know what to search for, model number?

PlainBill
11-12-2004, 10:09 AM
I am looking for an image for a TCD24004A , 40 hour series 2 unit.
I would be most appreciative if someone out there could point me in the right direction :)
email is tivo@ johnsolo.net if you want to email me. Thank you thank you thank you
I will search emule, but I dont know what to search for, model number?

You need a 4.01b image. Unfortunately, the good 4.0.1b-02-2 image on eMule is for an 80 gig drive. Your best bet may to download several of the tivo 4.x images there, find one which will restore to your drive, then let it call in to update.

PlainBill

digitaldan
11-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey plainbill I have been trying to get tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs but my mule client keeps saying part 12 is corrupt (I have downloaded a total of 488.08 megs so far for a 162.65M file :-(. I have connections to many people (my nick http://www.aMule.org, you might have seen me) for this file for several days now and eveyone seems to have part their part 12 corrupted (as it get downloaded, checksumed and thrown away), I'm starting to belive this could be an error on my client, any ideas?

Thanks

(ps if the disk image is 80 megs and I throw it on to larger drive (120GB), will I need to try to resize the partition after its been burned to the new drive.)

PlainBill
11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey plainbill I have been trying to get tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs but my mule client keeps saying part 12 is corrupt (I have downloaded a total of 488.08 megs so far for a 162.65M file :-(. I have connections to many people (my nick http://www.aMule.org, you might have seen me) for this file for several days now and eveyone seems to have part their part 12 corrupted (as it get downloaded, checksumed and thrown away), I'm starting to belive this could be an error on my client, any ideas?

Thanks

(ps if the disk image is 80 megs and I throw it on to larger drive (120GB), will I need to try to resize the partition after its been burned to the new drive.)
OK, my copy has been verified good, and I've put it on my shared directory. Here's the link ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48FFAD93E480DE2149F908E5092E8EA6|h=Z7VXOT76S6DWY7TUREASFTUKCCJLIQJG|/

I've also cleared out a lot of junk from the shared folder, so hopefully we can get a working copy distributed to everyone.

If you restore it to a 120 Gig drive use the -x switch (mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /path/to/image/Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs /dev/hdc ) and it will be expanded to use the full capacity of the drive.

PlainBill

pmn1
11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
OK, my copy has been verified good, and I've put it on my shared directory. Here's the link ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48FFAD93E480DE2149F908E5092E8EA6|h=Z7VXOT76S6DWY7TUREASFTUKCCJLIQJG|/

I've also cleared out a lot of junk from the shared folder, so hopefully we can get a working copy distributed to everyone.

If you restore it to a 120 Gig drive use the -x switch (mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /path/to/image/Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs /dev/hdc ) and it will be expanded to use the full capacity of the drive.

PlainBill

I downloaded this with no problems after PlainBill posted,
I have also made it available in my shared folder.

johnsolo
11-12-2004, 02:20 PM
You need a 4.01b image. Unfortunately, the good 4.0.1b-02-2 image on eMule is for an 80 gig drive. Your best bet may to download several of the tivo 4.x images there, find one which will restore to your drive, then let it call in to update.

PlainBill
Bill thanks as always for your help. Good news is that my upgrade drive is 120gb. I can probably put and 80gb image on there and expand it, huh?

woltnj
11-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have an image for a 140060 unit. My disk died and that obx was never upgraded so I don't have a backup. I you don't have an image then tell me the filename that I should search for on emule.

Thanks
:)

PlainBill
11-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Bill thanks as always for your help. Good news is that my upgrade drive is 120gb. I can probably put and 80gb image on there and expand it, huh?

See here. :) http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193465&postcount=174

PlainBill

johnsolo
11-12-2004, 06:20 PM

PlainBill
I downloaded that exact image from emule and mfsrestore'd it to my new 120gb drive.

Here is the exact syntax I used (120gb on pri master, "c" drive on secondary master, cdrom on secondary slave):

mfsrestore /dev/hda -i /mnt/c/Tivo-s2-4.0.1B-02-2-Xxx.mfs

The restore did it's thing. Once it finished I typed:
mfsinfo /dev/hda
and it showed it as an 80 hour unit.

Hooked it up to the TV and it is still getting stuck at "Almost there". Grrr. Same error as my botched upgrade (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39217&page=1) (post #14 has details):

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: /tvbin/TvLauncher: No such file or directory

Getting similar errors for mfsadd, and switcherstart too.
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: /tvbin/switcherstart: No such file or directory
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: mfsadd: command not found
:confused:

EDIT: Looks like your syntax:
mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /path/to/image/Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs /dev/hdc
is different from the mfstools readme where I was getting my command lines. I will try your syntax and post back shortly.

PlainBill
11-12-2004, 07:15 PM
I downloaded that exact image from emule and mfsrestore'd it to my new 120gb drive.

<SNIP>

EDIT: Looks like your syntax:
mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /path/to/image/Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs /dev/hdc
is different from the mfstools readme where I was getting my command lines. I will try your syntax and post back shortly.

To be precise, I restored this to a 120 gig drive earlier this week FAT-32 drive primary master, cdrom primary slave, 120 gig drive Secondary master. I used the command:

mfsrestore -zpi /cdrive/tivo/Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs /dev/hdc

It restored, and ran on a HDVR2 without problems. I tried a few tricks, then expanded it to fill the drive with mfsadd -X /dev/hdc. Again,it worked perfectly.

PlainBill

johnsolo
11-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Well using your syntax didnt work either.. :\ I still get a bunch of "command not found" errors. I must be missing a step or something. I can't believe I'm getting the same errors with a different image. Totally perplexed. I will mope my way back to my thread (will post dmesg, and kernel logs in there). Thanks for the pointers on disc images.

Homer S
11-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Hello,

Started looking for tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs on emule... anyone can leave it up for the weekend?

Thanks,
Homer Out

PlainBill
11-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Hello,

Started looking for tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs on emule... anyone can leave it up for the weekend?

Thanks,
Homer Out

It's up. Do a 'Global Server' search.

PlainBill

Murdock
11-13-2004, 12:08 PM
It's been almost 2 months since I posted asking if anybody could help me out with the 3.1.0c2 slices for a DSR6000, I've been checking emule everyday and doing searches on Google and have still not been able to find them. If anybody would be nice enough to help me out I would be glad to share the file on emule and set to release priority for everybody else who needs it.

Dave20042004
11-13-2004, 08:56 PM
I have two S2 TIVO's; a TCD24004A and a TCD240040 both running 4.0.1b

Are the original unhacked images from these two units interchangable?

In other words, can I take the hard drive from one and simply put it in the other and boot up without risking complications when I put it back in the original unit?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Homer S
11-14-2004, 10:48 AM
It's up. Do a 'Global Server' search.

PlainBill

Got it, Thanks!

I switched from eD*nkey to eM*le, fixed my hardware router's ports (had the wrong IP address) and voila!

I left it up part of last night, till the PC rebooted, and a few people got some missing parts as payback.

Later All,
Homer Out

falz
11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi, I've had my Sonly Series 1 TiVo since forever. I upgraded the hdd once a few years ago. I have sporatic freezing issues with it and such, so I'd like to find a virgin image to put on a new hdd. I've been out of the loop in TiVo stuff for awhile, it looks like virgin images are no longer findable on google. I read this whole thread and got some filenames for S2 TiVo's, but noting for series 1. (searched ED2k as well).

Could anyone help me out with a filename (or image!) of something (preferably most recent version) that works on a S1 Sony SVR2000? My version # shows 3.0-01-1-010.

Thanks!
falz

digitaldan
11-15-2004, 01:56 AM

PlainBill

I'm still having issues getting this image, thinking maybe my amule (www.amule.org) client made a mistake, I deleted what I had downloaded and started again. This time it compained that part 14 was corrupted, I eventually get within 180KB of the whole thing, but it never completes (just like the first time). Hoping this was simpleing some kind of rounding error I have tried to expand on to a drive anyways, which gives me a restore failed message do to a decompression error.

This is my first time using the emule network, so I'm not sure if this is common or not, I do have a high ID as my network is set up correctly, so when I do download its fairly quick and I have seeded much to others from the goods parts I have downloaded.

Any Ideas?

PlainBill
11-15-2004, 06:35 AM
I'm still having issues getting this image, thinking maybe my amule (www.amule.org) client made a mistake, I deleted what I had downloaded and started again. This time it compained that part 14 was corrupted, I eventually get within 180KB of the whole thing, but it never completes (just like the first time). Hoping this was simpleing some kind of rounding error I have tried to expand on to a drive anyways, which gives me a restore failed message do to a decompression error.

This is my first time using the emule network, so I'm not sure if this is common or not, I do have a high ID as my network is set up correctly, so when I do download its fairly quick and I have seeded much to others from the goods parts I have downloaded.

Any Ideas?

Try the client at www.emule-project.net

PlainBill

hdvr_too
11-15-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm looking for a 40GB 4.0.1b image for my stock HDVR2 and have not heard of any confirmed images on ed2k. If anyone has a good 40GB image or knows where to get one can you please PM me or post a response here.
Thanks

UKTivoman
11-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi, unfortunetly I was attempting to upgrade my Thomson UK Tivo with a new turbonet card, but I seem to have messed it up without making a proper backup. If someone would be kind enough to provide me with an image, I would infinetly appreciate it.

I could either set up a FTP on my computer or another method you would prefer to transfer it.

Thanks in advance,
John

my04accord
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Would someone be able to provide me with a 4.x RID image for a Phillips DSR704 DTIVO? I would love to try this on my receiver. If someone could pm me with the info. I would rather stay away from p2p because of all the crap that comes with it. A torrent or ftp would be perfect.

dewjrman
11-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I have a SAT-T60 that just lost the harddrive. I've always wanted to get into my TIVO and thought now is the chance. I now have everything but the xtreme 2.5 iso. I've been hunting for 2 weeks but I can't seem to find a full file, even from ed2k. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Buelldozer
11-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Doh!

I did something stupid to an RCA DVR39 and now it won't boot. :( The backup drive, yes I did make one, was slaughtered by my 4 year old 2 weeks ago! :mad:

Anyone have a 3.x (pref 3.1.x) image file?

Edit: I'll actually take anything that will work on the unit, including one of the older abs.net files. I can always upgrade via phoneline to latest.

TIA,

'dozer

11-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have a source of 4.x slice files so I can try to upgrade a HDVR2 without losing recordings? Nothing on eMule.

chedlin
11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Does anyone have a source of 4.x slice files so I can try to upgrade a HDVR2 without losing recordings? Nothing on eMule.

I'm looking for the same, for my RID DTiVo (just 4.x slices, I believe myself quite capable of installing the new RID support files). Alphawolf posted that he might make these availible.

Interestingly I found 3.1.1c files with his name on them, but that certainly isn't 4.x

Thanks in advance. If i get them on emule I will certainly make them availible for others (my UL/DL ratio is quite high from time spent on a T1).

Clay C
11-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Same here. Looking for 4.0.1b-02-2-240 slices.

thanks
clay

bungee91
11-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Also in need of 3.1.0c2 slices for DSR6000

PM or e-mail me @ bungee91@hotmail.com

Thanks

matrix165
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
anyone know where i can get an 4.x image so i can upgrage my s2 rca40 dtivo? i believe i need to 4.x cause i want to use a, wireless usb ethernet adapter. i was told that if i just used the usb pegasus drivers in sleeper's 1.02 iso it wouldnt support my wusb11 v2.6 ethernet adapter.

i have been searching google, emule, edonkey, and various bit torrent sites , but to no avail. did i miss anywhere?

matrix165
11-26-2004, 08:07 PM
i want to upgrade my s2 rca dtivo. i have a series 1 stand alone hooked-up to cable tv. and i use the back-up image from my sas1 as my 4.x software for my s2 dtivo? or are they incompatable?

compwiz312
11-26-2004, 08:18 PM
i want to upgrade my s2 rca dtivo. i have a series 1 stand alone hooked-up to cable tv. and i use the back-up image from my sas1 as my 4.x software for my s2 dtivo? or are they incompatable?
Three things:
1) Don't create your own thread requesting backups/slices, that is the purpose of the "Backup image and slice begging thread" located at the top of this forum as a sticky.
2) Look into Alphawolf's slices (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39558&page=1&pp=15) for upgrading your Tivo.
3) Series 1 and 2 devices are completely incompatible as far as backups are concerned, not to mention series 1 devices only run 3.0.

matrix165
11-26-2004, 08:50 PM
did i request a slice on image? no, i was asking if i could use one form another machine.

secondly, i did post my request for an image on the afoementioned thread.

thirdly, if u wanna answer my threads great, if not dont, but leave the hall montioring to someone who is more qualified....

compwiz312
11-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Sorry if I came across as bitter or as a "hall-monitor", but one, I did answer your question and two I was just trying to point out that you shouldn't create a thread asking for an image. At first glance, it appeared that you were begging for an image ("need a 4.0x tivo image...") and I was trying to point out that it isn't proper to create a thread like that.

If I overstepped my boundries or created any hard fealings, I appoligize.

matrix165
11-26-2004, 09:46 PM
...i shouldnt have reacted the way i did, either. thanks for the help on the dtivo's...

PlainBill
11-26-2004, 10:42 PM
I note that you've already been told about the slices to do the upgrade. There are several TiVo 4.x images currently available on eMule; I've gotten the best results by doing a Global Server search for 'tivo'.

PlainBill

dsmturbo
11-26-2004, 11:32 PM
I would like to know if a image from a Hughes HDVR2 40gb would be the same as a RCA DVR40?
I can't seem to get past th4e Welcome..Powering Up screen..hard drive could be pooched.

PlainBill
11-27-2004, 06:44 AM
It should work, but the System Information screen would report the wrong hardware. Quick solution is to try a different drive.

PlainBill

matrix165
11-27-2004, 12:21 PM
i did a global search and volia i got a hit for a 4.0b image(350 megs). do you know whayt is the differance tween a "search" and a "global search"?

db74
11-27-2004, 03:48 PM
[post deleted]

PlainBill
11-27-2004, 04:43 PM
i did a global search and volia i got a hit for a 4.0b image(350 megs).

You probably don't want to use that image. Use this link: ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48FFAD93E480DE2149F908E5092E8EA6|h=Z7VXOT76S6DWY7TUREASFTUKCCJLIQJG|/

do you know whayt is the differance tween a "search" and a "global search"?

A Global Server search finds more files. ;)

PlainBill

compwiz312
11-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Using ADH's method of building the MFS from scratch and using Alphawolf's 4.0.1b slices, I've generated a 4.0.1b image that is under 70MB. I want the opinion of the higherups to know if this is something I should release. I would like to use bittorrent if possible to release it. Seems like it would be easier to distribute than some of the other images being distrubted.

It wouldn't be hard to run it on a DTivo and do a C&DE so that it would be compatible with non-RID units (and RID units if the downloader installs uma6fix...)

Let me know if this is something that would be beneficial to the community...

EDIT: See below post for torrent.

bnm81002
11-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Using ADH's method of building the MFS from scratch and using Alphawolf's 4.0.1b slices, I've generated a 4.0.1b image that is under 70MB. I want the opinion of the higherups to know if this is something I should release. I would like to use bittorrent if possible to release it. Seems like it would be easier to distribute than some of the other images being distrubted.

It wouldn't be hard to run it on a DTivo and do a C&DE so that it would be compatible with non-RID units (and RID units if the downloader installs uma6fix...)

can you "PM" with that info? I think that would be ok right? thanks

mrbillpsu00
11-28-2004, 05:24 PM
You probably don't want to use that image. Use this link: ed2k://|file|Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs|170550624|48FFAD93E480DE2149F908E5092E8EA6|h=Z7VXOT76S6DWY7TUREASFTUKCCJLIQJG|/

PlainBill

Thanks for the link!! Going slow, but atleast going ;)

compwiz312
11-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Here is the bittorrent for the image I mention in my above post. It is attached to this post. Please please please keep the download window open after completing the download so that other users can benefit from it. I am going to seed the bittorrent for the next few days, but I do not know if I will be able to after that.

To use this torrent, simply remove the .txt from the end and open it with Bittorrent (http://www.bittorrent.com)

Enjoy!

dsmturbo
12-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Will a Hughes HDVR40 drive image work in a RCADVR40? Does it have to be a V3.1.1 ?? image for the RCA? I did find out the drive in RCA was pooched

It should work, but the System Information screen would report the wrong hardware. Quick solution is to try a different drive.

PlainBill

yetdog
12-01-2004, 10:16 AM
I have a DSR704 that I bought on Ebay pre-hacked. :o THe damn thing acts nuts sometimes, going to the now playing list and playing a recorded title...all by itself. It also sometimes stops responding to remote input and I have to hard reboot it to bring it back to me. It's running 3.1.1b I believe. Anyway, I figured I would just start from scratch and throw 4.0 RID on there..I've been doing quite a bit of reading, and I'm wondering if there are any images out there that are already comprimised with the killhdinitrd, patched for RID, and that have the daily phone call nag removed? (I am a legit DTV sub with their DVR service - just no phone line at home). Either a pre-hacked image or a recent 4.x build for my dsr704 would be outstanding, if anyone could help me out. Shoot me a PM or email me at matt@antsmarching.org. Thanks so much!!

Matthew Yette
matt@antsmarching.org

PlainBill
12-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Will a Hughes HDVR40 drive image work in a RCADVR40? Does it have to be a V3.1.1 ?? image for the RCA? I did find out the drive in RCA was pooched
Yes, it will work. Just run 51killer.

PlainBill

alldeadhomiez
12-01-2004, 10:55 AM
I have a DSR704 that I bought on Ebay pre-hacked. :o THe damn thing acts nuts sometimes, going to the now playing list and playing a recorded title...all by itself. It also sometimes stops responding to remote input and I have to hard reboot it to bring it back to me. It's running 3.1.1b I believe. Anyway, I figured I would just start from scratch and throw 4.0 RID on there..I've been doing quite a bit of reading, and I'm wondering if there are any images out there that are already comprimised with the killhdinitrd, patched for RID, and that have the daily phone call nag removed?

What you're asking for is illegal; killhdinitrd and uma6fix may not be redistributed.

Last time somebody else did the hacking for you, you got stuck with a broken image you didn't know how to fix. Why are you asking for the same exact thing now?

The only way to do it is to learn how yourself. Keep reading.

yetdog
12-01-2004, 11:38 AM
What you're asking for is illegal; killhdinitrd and uma6fix may not be redistributed.

Last time somebody else did the hacking for you, you got stuck with a broken image you didn't know how to fix. Why are you asking for the same exact thing now?

The only way to do it is to learn how yourself. Keep reading.

And I plan on reading more. I didn't realize those two hacks were illegal to redist. Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing that out to me. Are you aware of anywhere that has a clean 4.0x image then? THanks!

Matt

snowman
12-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Yetdog, if you find one, I need one too. I have an image, but the extra partitions weren't backed up, so I have live tv behind the menus instead of the black screen.

snowman
12-01-2004, 12:03 PM

Please don't beat me up on this one, it's a legit question. Is killhdinitrd what cannot be redistributed or any kernel that it's been run on? I'm asking because he was asking for the kernel that had been compromised. I thought the reason Tivo had to give the source to their kernel was because it was GPL and they couldn't change that, so any changes to the kernel were automatically covered by the GPL. As such, wouldn't the compromised kernel also be covered by the original GPL? Again, a question only, and I'm looking for the answer, not a bashing session.

Jamie
12-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Please don't beat me up on this one, it's a legit question. Is killhdinitrd what cannot be redistributed or any kernel that it's been run on? I'm asking because he was asking for the kernel that had been compromised. I thought the reason Tivo had to give the source to their kernel was because it was GPL and they couldn't change that, so any changes to the kernel were automatically covered by the GPL. As such, wouldn't the compromised kernel also be covered by the original GPL? Again, a question only, and I'm looking for the answer, not a bashing session.
The TiVo vmlinux.px files are packages that contain the kernel itself, an initrd, and various other bits. The kernel itself is under the GPL. The initrd and the other various bits are not. As I understand it, though I'm no expert on killhdinitrd internals, killhdinitrd modifies the various other bits to skip the initrd, but it doesn't modify the kernel itself.

The fact that the kernel is packaged with other bits doesn't not bring those other bits under the GPL. Look for the "mere aggregation" clause in the GPLv2.

alldeadhomiez
12-01-2004, 01:07 PM

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36692

The bare Linux kernel itself (which constitutes about half of the .px file, a.k.a. "the kernel image") is untouched by killhdinitrd.

kadiir
12-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Are you aware of anywhere that has a clean 4.0x image then?

and snowman...

Look at PlainBill's post about 10 posts back from yours if you're looking for 4.01b.

kad

ScottB
12-01-2004, 03:37 PM
I am looking for the latest 4.x image that will work on a SD-DVR40. Thanks!

scott.bursik@pbsg.com

snowman
12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
and snowman...

Look at PlainBill's post about 10 posts back from yours if you're looking for 4.01b.

kad

Thanks, but I want a known virgin build to work with.

newyguy
12-01-2004, 04:51 PM
someone please share a complete copy of tivo_25xtreme on emule. EVERYONE is stuck with 83% and all missing the same part. I am looking got the t60 25xtreme.
Send me a PM if u can help me out another way
Thanks

compwiz312
12-02-2004, 12:44 AM
I am looking for the latest 4.x image that will work on a SD-DVR40. Thanks!

scott.bursik@pbsg.com

You will need to modify it using uma6fix (search), but look at my post a page back where I posted a bittorrent for an virgin image I am seeding.

Justin

compwiz312
12-02-2004, 12:45 AM
And I plan on reading more. I didn't realize those two hacks were illegal to redist. Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing that out to me. Are you aware of anywhere that has a clean 4.0x image then? THanks!

Matt

Look at my post a page back...

chedlin
12-02-2004, 10:12 AM

Matt

You have a lot of learning to do. It isn't that hard though, so I am sure you can do it.

I would start by learning how to disable the hacks causing you problems. Your TiVo acting nuts on startus is because of a couple of hacks that emulate the remote control. It expects you to leave the TiVo alone for several minutes after a boot. It is locking up and refusing remote input because one of the hacks is tickling the event bug. 4.x would fix that last one.

If it is prehacked, you should be able to telnet into the unit (if it is plugged into a network, if not, get a USB adapter and plug it in). Look in the files in /etc/rc.d/ to find the hacks as they are started. This will most likely be rc.sysinit.author.

I don't want to go into more detail, but someone may. I would start with a generic Linux reference such as those found here: http://www.tldp.org/

Until you can do this, stick with regular tivo's. You buy Instant Cake for your unit and restore an unhacked image.

ScottB
12-02-2004, 10:31 AM
compwiz312,

Thanks for the post. I'll give it a shot tonight.

ScottB

snowman
12-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Scott, if you have a problem getting it, let me know. I've got it and may very well be installing it tonight. If all else fails, I can burn you a CD.

kadiir
12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks, but I want a known virgin build to work with.

My TCD24008A 4.01b image (made after copying it to another disk & running CD&E) will be hosted after I rebuild the box its on (hopefully, this weekend).

(it's ~400MB, though)

kad

kadiir
12-02-2004, 04:54 PM
someone please share a complete copy of tivo_25xtreme on emule. EVERYONE is stuck with 83% and all missing the same part. I am looking got the t60 25xtreme.
Send me a PM if u can help me out another way
Thanks

It should be showing up on ed2k (using Shazaa), but I'll double-check when I get home.

kad

newyguy
12-02-2004, 07:57 PM
thanks kadiir can i use eMule or do i have to get shareaza?

newyguy
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
sorry for the double post but can u provide the ed2k link thanks

Murdock
12-03-2004, 02:20 AM
After months of searching and begging I still have not been able to find the 3.1.0c2 slices but I was just able to get an image from a DSR6000 that is at 3.1.0c2 and I'm sharing it on emule. The file name is "Tivo Image DSR6000_3.1.0c2.mfs" .

rc3105
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM

EDIT: See below post for torrent.

well, now that there are enough copies floating around that dl speeds are something reasonable...

would this be a bad time to mention you left your serial number in the image?

PlainBill
12-03-2004, 02:39 PM
well, now that there are enough copies floating around that dl speeds are something reasonable...

:eek: Yup.

PlainBill

loop
12-03-2004, 04:43 PM
where can i find a 4.0 image for a hdvr2 ??

rc3105
12-03-2004, 04:49 PM
where can i find a 4.0 image for a hdvr2 ??
PTV_upgrade (http://partners.ptvupgrade.com/z/40/CD20/)
*TCD240080 is a smaller download but requires an 80 gig or larger hard drive, use TCD240040 if you only have a factory 40

---
edit: those are actually 4.0.1b, which some folks claim is faster for MRV, but I believe 4.0 will be avail soon

loop
12-03-2004, 10:51 PM
That link sends me to purchase the CD, I've been reading AW post and i'm going to try that one. It's been a while since i've touched this drive, how can I tell if I monte'd the drive or used tivoscripts? It's an 3.x.x.

I'm goin to try and use AW method using slices so to see if i can preserve my recordings and such.

On another note, i've been dd my old 120g drive to a 200mg drive for about 3 hours now, how long does that takE?

PlainBill
12-03-2004, 11:01 PM
That link sends me to purchase the CD, I've been reading AW post and i'm going to try that one. It's been a while since i've touched this drive, how can I tell if I monte'd the drive or used tivoscripts? It's an 3.x.x.

I'm goin to try and use AW method using slices so to see if i can preserve my recordings and such.

On another note, i've been dd my old 120g drive to a 200mg drive for about 3 hours now, how long does that takE?

TiVoScripts does Monte the drive. This http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195432&postcount=4 will tell you how to try to determine what was done to your system.

PlainBill

loop
12-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Great i've been reading that post and the "image wont take" posts, i checked my software version which reads 3.1.0-01-2-151 and a kernel version

/proc/version output:
Linux version 2.4.4-TiVo-3.0 (build@buildmaster10) (gcc version 3.0) #31 Mon Oct
21 18:39:42 PDT 2002

I'm questioning which kernel version to use from the ptvupgrade cd to install killhdinitrd. Is my kernel not compatible with killhdinitrd ??

snowman
12-04-2004, 10:39 AM

I assume this is only an issue if Tivo decides to get cranky? How would one go about removing the serial number to avoid this in the future?

rc3105
12-04-2004, 12:35 PM
That link sends me to purchase the CD...
yep, it's illegal for anybody other than tivo authorized vendors to distribute images

technically, we shouldn't even have links to images here - don't be suprised if those posts get edited when a mod notices ;)

*assuming compwiz312 doesn't remove them - maybe he's in oz or canada where blacklisting a box isn't an issue?

I assume this is only an issue if Tivo decides to get cranky?
or somebody tries to use that servicenum - on the bright side, should be a cheap boatanchor avail soon...

compwiz312
12-04-2004, 10:29 PM
*assuming compwiz312 doesn't remove them - maybe he's in oz or canada where blacklisting a box isn't an issue?

or somebody tries to use that servicenum - on the bright side, should be a cheap boatanchor avail soon...
The box I used to create this unit has a messed up crypto chip, so its service number is useless anyway, so nothing to worry about.

Also, lets just say that its not an issue even if it wasn't messed up... ;)

spidy
12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Hello all, I am looking for a HDR312 Series 1 image. 2.5, 2.5.2 or 3.1 Can anyone help. Thanks.

cahrmm
12-09-2004, 08:41 PM
where do i get a 4.0.1b image from i tried emule but it is saying a 10 hr download is there any other way or does someone here have one i am using 3.1.1b right now on my hdvr2 in need of mental help now.

xdz
12-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Welp, the ol' Maxtor finally gave out last night and I've got to rebuild my DSR6000. Can someone kindly point me to a 3.1.0c2 or 3.1.0d image?

TIA :)