PDA

View Full Version : What in the world is wrong with my commercial skip???

NubeeHaq
02-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Lately I've been having strange problems with my TiVo. For instance - at least once a day (usually in the afternoon) my TiVo will reboot itself for no reason. Of course, when this happens I have to manually re-enter my 30 second commercial skip code on the remote.

I know I could just add the skip into the boot script, but I am too lazy to bother at the moment.

Anyway - This morning when I awoke I tried to enter the code and it just wouldn't work. I tried several times but I got nothing. I manually rebooted the system and it still won't accept my 30 second skip code.

What in the world would cause that??? I checked the system screen and it said that it hasn't connected to the TiVo company in several days.

I guess I'll have to add the code to the bootup script. :mad: I've never been a big fan of computers doing things for me. :p

cojonesdetoro
02-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I've never been a big fan of computers doing things for me. :p

I used to be like that but it became very tedious to send hex dumps of IP packets through the mail.

NubeeHaq
02-05-2004, 09:36 PM
hahahahahahah

I figured it out. :D

My ZERO button seems to no longer be functioning. Maybe it was a hardware problem after all. :D

I'll just get a new remote. :p

Hi8
02-06-2004, 03:18 AM
hahahahahahah

I figured it out. :D

My ZERO button seems to no longer be functioning. Maybe it was a hardware problem after all. :D

I'll just get a new remote. :p

not sure why you are smiling, I would be more concerned with why your TiVo is rebooting everyday! the 30secskip was just the symptom. Fix the PROBLEM not the symptom.

NubeeHaq
02-06-2004, 10:06 AM
not sure why you are smiling, I would be more concerned with why your TiVo is rebooting everyday! the 30secskip was just the symptom. Fix the PROBLEM not the symptom.

I wasn't really aware that the rebooting was a serious problem. What do you think could be the cause?

I installed Sleeper's ISO, but I didn't add a new HD. The hardware side of things has not been changed in any way.

(BTW - I just got home and the thing had rebooted again.)